[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.688 (beta)

• thermostat UI changes including showing when cooling or heating
  • device activity is now displayed in a dialog instead of on a new screen

I'm now displaying thermostatOperatingState and changing the temp color when the furnace is running (blue for cooling, red for heating). I can do other things like change the background color but I didn't want to mess with that if possible since some people use the same background color for all tiles. Hopefully, the text is readable this way.. if not I can play around with some alternatives (text color and shadow color) to make it more readable

FWIW - one of the alternatives I tried was to use blue shadow but it didn't really stick out enough IMO

1 Like

FWIW - The app does cache the list of devices from MakerAPI but will refresh that device list every 10 minutes to see if there's any new/removed devices in MakerAPI.

@jpage4500
Cool I'll check it out as soon as my Beta version gets the update. (or is there a way I can manually get the latest beta version?)

Thank you

@jpage4500, I found an unexpected behavior. I just installed 688 on my phone and after moving devices into various folders I went into one and tried to sort by name. Nothing changed but when I exited Edit mode and returned to the top level I found IT had been sorted.

@jpage4500. First of all, thanks for the great work you've done on this project. I've installed a Konnected alarm panel and linked it to my HE C-7. I don't know that I would have been able to create an alarm controller without your dashboard.

Two questions for you:

1. I've added the blink controller tile to my dashboard. I know there's a long thread about this, but just wanted to confirm that all it does is arm and disarm blink? I don't see that it is able to show the video feed. Correct?

2. Newbie question: To update the software, do I just install the new drivers? Will I have to re-create the dashboard?

Thanks again for all your time and energy. It continues to amaze me how much this community does for oneanother.

You can download the latest apk from here. It's the same apk that's uploaded to Google Play Beta but of course doesn't rely on the Play Store app to handle the update.

I'd probably recommend sticking with the Play Store Beta version for most as it will automatically update the app - even if it sometimes takes a few days.

That said, I do have logic in the app to check if it's been downloaded from the Play Store or not and if not it can check for updates and even download the latest version. I haven't tested that logic in a long while though so I'll add it to my TODO list.. But, best case the app can only detect a new version and even download it -- but the user would have to manually start the install process

Right now the sort option only applies to the top-level dashboard. Folders aren't sorted at all - they just keep the same order as you added devices. You can re-order the contents of folders using drag-and-drop inside the folder.

I can look at making the sort option apply to whatever folder you're viewing so it's more clear though

1 Like

The Blink integration is still very much a WIP. I tried to get video to work on mine and it didn't but apparently it depends on which version of Blink cameras you have. I've got XT2 cameras and when I try to start a video stream I get back a "immis://" URL which I wasn't able to do anything with.

I'm also hoping the driver can add support for images too but it's not there yet

To update the software, do I just install the new drivers?

Do you mean updating the Blink drivers or this app? This app will auto-update if you install it via Google Play (make sure auto-update is enabled in the Google Play app).

You shouldn't ever have to re-create the dashboard on updates.. to be safe though once you get the dashboard how you like it, use the Export option (nav menu -> more options -> import/export).

1 Like

@jpage4500 Is there any chance that the dashboard could play a sound (chirp) when a security contact changes state (opens or closes)?

interesting.. i haven't though of using the phone/tablet speaker to this point. No reason it couldn't play sounds though.. I'll add it to the TODO list but I'd need some feedback on how it should work.

somewhat-related, we have some google home mini's in our house and right now when any outside door is opened they play TTS: " opened". My first thought when you said this was - it'd be nice to have a tablet/phone that's registered as a device in HE as a TTS device.. so, it could play sounds independently from this app if that makes sense.. I'll look in the forums to see if there's some way to do that today

2 Likes

May as well dream big...

How about adding the capability to each tile with a configuration where we can select any available sound or text to speak AND the event(s) that triggers it. For a switch I see only on and off as the events but for a temperature the possibilities are endless.

Doing a little more research on this it seems like you can do a lot of this today using Pushover.. not sure how easy it is to setup but at least it seems like you can setup Pushover on any mobile device and control it just like any other TTS device so it could speak or play sounds, etc.. again, might not be super easy to setup but at least it seems possible today.

I have about a dozen doors and windows with magnetic contacts connected to a new Konnected alarm panel that is liked to my HE C-7. I'm going to wall mount Fire HD8 tablets near each of my three exterior doors to use as alarm controllers (replacing old-school controllers). The old controllers had an option to "chirp" when any of the doors/windows opened. It would be nice if the Fire tablets could emulate the old controllers by making a sound.

On your TTS question, I'm working to set up the Echo Speaks to announce across all my Echo devices a warning to the intruders to leave the house when the alarm is tripped. I thought I had it set up correctly last night, but it's not yet working. Probably a configuration issue. Once I do have it working properly, it would be nice if the tablets were included in the announcement. So yes, would be great if the tablets could be registered in HE as TTS devices.

Am I able to link blue iris cams?

Yeah but then there's that cloud thing again. :roll_eyes:

Thanks. I downloaded the dashboard app via the Amazon store. It looks like it auto-updates as well. I've now got Google Play on the tablet so I could switch if there is a reason to do so?

Is there a URL that you can use to access each camera stream? What's the format?

If there's a MJPG format stream the answer is maybe.. I've got multiple video streams working with IP Webcam today but I don't have any other examples to try out.

I'm still learning about different video camera streaming formats.. AFAIK MJPG is 1 type of encoding but there's others.. also, I remember reading about RTSP but not sure how it's encoded. Anyway, let me know more details and if there's an example out there I can test with and I'll try to add it

I do tend to update Google Play Beta versions pretty often.. much less so for the release versions of Google Play and Amazon App Store. Typically the release versions are a few weeks old but at least they should be more stable too

not sure if this helps but it seems like you can use a couple of options today:

1. add an image tile and have it refresh as fast or slow as you want
/image/{cam-short-name}?q=50&s=80
A single JPEG image from a specific camera or group, with optional quality (q) and scale (s) parameters. Quality is a percentage from 1-100, and scale may be any number >0.
  1. add a MJPG video tile for realtime streaming
/mjpg/{cam-short-name}/video.mjpg An M-JPEG stream. This stream is compatible with Blue Iris's "MJPEG stream request."

Edit: I should note that the video stream tile is only available in the beta version at the moment but will be in the release version soon

1 Like