[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Kick Ashboard.

1 Like

Thank you! MJPG video stream works well on Wink Relay. Adding a second stream FCs the app after 2 minutes of idle and that's not opening either of the tiles. I think it's too much for it to handle inside the app. Even opening one stream causes the app to close after 20 seconds of viewing a "larger" view. When sitting in it's own tile, one is OK.

Can you send me the device JSON from MakerAPI or better the logs from the app (about->support)? That might help me see how to handle this device better.

I do see in the code I'm assuming every thermostat supports all of the modes listed here: https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List#Thermostat. Or, is there some attribute or capability in this driver that would let me handle it differently than other thermostats?

Because in HE they are simply just another thermostat, it has all the modes of a standard thermostat - which also makes no sense. There is no ST or HE device type that is an eTRV.

I noticed a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError reported so that must have been the Relay device. I was looking through the MJPG code to see if I could find ways to make it more efficient. Hopefully I can figure out a few things to try

1 Like

So what happens when you set the mode to "heat"? If I remember correctly, I'm only showing the up/down arrows when in cool, heat or auto modes. Once in "heat" mode - the app should call setHeatingSetpoint with the value from heatingSetpoint +-1. Is that not what the app is doing or does it need to do something else?

When I set the mode to "heat" the driver sets it back to "off" if the heating setpoint is below the room temperature - so the arrows only appear for a split second not giving an opportunity to change the heating setpoint.

I suppose I could alter the driver to wait x seconds before changing the mode - that would help.

Would be far better is the arrows were always present. That's why my request for an additional parameter of "Type eTRV".

I see.. isn't that how the "auto" mode works on thermostats? If the mode was auto instead of off the app would display the arrows all the time. I would have to update the app so it doesn't display the cooling arrows if the capability setCoolingSetpoint wasn't set.

I also noticed this attribute: supportedThermostatModes - ENUM ["auto", "off", "heat", "emergency heat", "cool"]; I don't look at that today but I can use that to hide the cooling arrows as well as letting you change the mode to cool.

Just thinking if there's any way to handle this automatically w/out having to get the user to change anything

Let me see if I can get the driver to sort this.

Sounds good. I emailed a couple of logs (one 'all' and one filtered by the power reporting device name) that hopefully included what you are looking for but my confidence isn't high that I sent the right stuff.. let me know if anything else would help.

Regarding a name, first thing that pops into my head is "Fastboard". When I'm on my phone and click on a tile to turn a light on, I swear that the light turns on while my finger is still on the screen...

This is one HUGE thread. I really don't have the time to read through this whole thread. Maybe someone could answer this question.

I have about 60 Devices setup on the new Dashboard right now. How can I get the tiles smaller so All device show on dash board without scrolling? In the Native Hubitat Dash board I could choose " Column Width (blank for auto fit)" This would then set the dash board to fit the screen. Is there an option like this in this Dash board?

Swipe right from the left edge of the screen, you'll see 'Display Options' where you can resize tiles, text size, and a couple of other visual options.

yes I've done that. I have them set to the X-Small. Still big on my screen.

On my phone's 6.3" screen that setting gets me an array 5 tiles wide and 11 tiles high; not big... what grid size are you getting?

Thanks for the logs! I think I've got the right device which has the "PowerMeter" capability.

Do you happen to know what the values for power mean? I assume 0 is off - is this a measurement of Watts?

Since this device is also a switch - how would you prefer the app displays the power reading?

1 way is to keep it a switch (show the toggle icon) and show the power reading at the bottom-right of the tile -- like I do for temp/humidity/status.

Another way is to make a separate device type (ie: "PowerMeter") and put the power reading in large text on the tile. Clicking on it could still turn the switch on/off so I could put a switch icon in the background too.. just let me know which one sounds better

wow.. must be a high-res device. On a fire tablet that size is practically unreadable.

No reason I can't allow more sizes though.. I can also just use the number of columns instead of S/M/L/etc.. I had a reason for doing that (so it would look good in both landscape or portrait).. otherwise, say you set 3 cols wide - it might look good in portrait but too large in landscape.

@jpage4500 Thanks for the response.

This is being tested on my Chromebook. My Tablet is in the mail... I do have an old Galaxy 8 inch laying around somewhere. I will test that tonight.

Keep up the great work man.

Power reading is in watts; zero is (or should be) reported by the device when 'off'. My preference would be to see a separate device tile category (still allowing the device to be set to look like a switch if desired, but maybe with small power at the bottom?) with watts displayed on large text, with on/off status of the switch at the bottom in small type (I use these types of tiles to keep an eye on the power drawn by my aquarium filter/circ pumps and heater).