[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks for all the updates. If you're accepting donations I'm happy to contribute.

Opening an app or webpage works now. I have a ski folder that I have tiles w URLs of webcams and tiles w links to the snow report. It would be cool to have a pop-up preview of the web page but I have no problem going off the dashboard to see this info.

version 1.0.585 (beta)

• support rounded corners on image/URL tiles
  • clicking on a tile in the edit dialog will show option to edit that tile colors/icons (faster way to update a single device)
  • add a clear button in the color picker which will reset icon/background color back to default

Example image below is using a white grid color so it's easier to see the rounded corners on the image tile (top-right). I had to re-work the cropping logic so hopefully that works as it did before.

In the edit device dialog, if you click on the OPEN or CLOSED tile it'll now bring you directly to editing a color or icon and skip the "apply to.." dialog which can be complicated.

Finally, there's a 'clear' button now in the color picker.. useful if you want to revert a background/icon color back to the theme default

Got my mounts in last night -- will mount them today. :slight_smile: At least, now, I don't have to hear "will someone shut off the alarm?"

Are you able to send a device log from the app? (nav menu -> about -> support).. it would require an email client or other app to send so might not be possible from the Relay.. but, I'm curious what the log says. If it's the image loading library, Glide, I could always try to bypass it for 4.3. You wouldn't get any of the fancy cropping options or rounded corners but the image would look fine otherwise

@jpage4500 your clear picker has me thinking... What about adding a dummy tile? This would allow gaps/spaces in the dashboard layout to create flexibility for rows and columns.

Also, what's the update schedule difference between the Play store and Amazon app store?

hmm.. never thought about that one.. would be easy to add though if it's of interest and would work

Right now I have to manually update the app on Amazon as well as Google Play's release version where every new feature I add is automatically built (circleCI) and pushed to Google Play beta as well as the direct download apk.

Typically someone will ask and I'll realize it's been a few weeks since I updated either Amazon or Play Release and I'll do it :slight_smile: -- I do try to wait and make sure no bugs/crashes happen before pushing out any releases.. just not any real set schedule

I ask b/c I've installed on a Fire 7That I did not connect to google play, because of speed issues. And I also installed on a new fire 10HD that i picked up on prime day, but did connect to play store and am I on the beta.

There's an amazon version? I sideloaded play store. :slight_smile: I need to learn to read.

@jpage4500 Honestly if I could adjust the width and height of all of the different tiles that would be amazing. Thanks for your efforts with this app!

The log has been sent :-). Thanks!

It's the image loading library, Glide:

10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   : Load failed for https://cdns.abclocal.go.com/three/wls/weather/extended.jpg with size [230x120]
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   : class com.bumptech.glide.load.engine.GlideException: Failed to load resource
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   : There was 1 cause:
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   : javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException(javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake aborted: ssl=0x62ce69f8: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   : error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure (external/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:741 0x6659988e:0x00000000))
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   :  call GlideException#logRootCauses(String) for more detail
10-20 17:27:42.326 12699 12699 W Glide   :   Cause (1 of 1): class com.bumptech.glide.load.engine.GlideException: Fetching data failed, class java.io.InputStream, REMOTE

I'll see how hard it would be to use an alternative for API 18 devices

1 Like

@genelevi63 - are you able to load an apk? I updated this one with a change to possibly fix this image loading issue for API 18/19 devices.

I don't have an easy way to test it, but I did find several posts about this issue. If this doesn't fix it there's still a few other things I can try.. but, figured I'd start with the easy fixes first! If it doesn't work, can you send me another log which will hopefully show if it's the same or another issue..

1 Like

I updated the app on both Google Play (production) and Amazon App store.. more beta versions to come soon!!

Just installed this linked one. v.1.0.589. No change that I can see. Linked image is still not showing. Thank you for trying.

UPDATE: color picker broke (again?). Typing #ff0000 shows red bg after typing, but changes to black when I hit OK.

can you send device logs? if it's the same Glide SSL error I can try another solution I found.

hmm. i just tried this and it worked for me. maybe there will be something in the logs for this too

EDIT: I stand corrected.. like you said it seems to work but once you close the dialog the background color reverts to what it was previously. It works for the predefined 'favorite' colors so must be an issue with entering custom colors.. I'll figure it out

EDIT #2.. nevermind - custom hex did work for me.. I just forgot to hit OK

Log sent. I wouldn't worry much about the color picker if it's just old devices. Images (and eventually, video stream) would be awesome. :slight_smile:
Custom hex worked up until I hit OK.

@jpage4500, On my head unit (landscape, lowish resolution), when I bring up the hex screen to change colors (e.g. grid color) I can click on "OK". But then the color wheel screen stays up and that window's OK button is hidden behind the popup keyboard. Pressing the check box on the keyboard doesn't work either. On my Samsung S10+ the same thing happens but at least in portrait mode there is enough of the OK button to press (there is not enough in landscape mode, and this is a high resolution device). I can close the window, but that means I lose any changes.

thanks - i'll look at that tomorrow! I was just noticing that in landscape when you try to edit some of the text fields (ie: device name, URL, etc) the keyboard doesn't leave enough room to view the full edit field.

version 1.0.596 (beta)

• add new 'space' device tile
  • go directly to edit dialog for several device types
  • fix scrolling issue with some dialogs in landscape mode while keyboard is displayed
  • UI changes to change icon dialog

The space tile is just an empty tile (or 2 for 'wide' mode). It's only visible in edit mode:

Hidden otherwise..

3 Likes