[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Hi @BorrisTheCat, I hope I'm understanding your question... the MyLocation driver derives 'presence' (and creates the presence event) by matching the HD+ location name to the one you put in the driver. As you see there is no 'presence' option in the location tracking in HD+.

Does anyone know how to turn off the "custom sounds" option after turning it on? I turned this on for 2 devices, but now I can't turn it off. :thinking:
I can only change it to a different sound.

It can be done:

• custom sounds
  • select the same device/type/state as before
  • select "Enter URL..."
  • hit Clear button in top-right corner
  • hit OK

1 Like

It's confusing I know.. I tried to explain both features below (how to setup/configure).

The Presence feature is meant to replace the native Hubitat Geofence/Presence feature.. you define an area and select a device to notify when you go in/out of that area.

Later that expanded to allow for multiple areas & devices.. so you could have not only 'home' but other locations like 'work', etc. Each one would notify a Hubitat device with the state (present/away)

Even later still I added the Location feature which goes with a specific driver from @wecoyote5 . Instead of defining a geofence in the app, the idea here is just that HD+ will continuously send it's location (lat/lng) to the Hubitat device.. think of it more like the Life360 or OwnTracks apps which report device location to a server -- and the server is your Hubitat.

There's some overlap too but it's optional. If you do setup 1 or more geofences in HD+'s Presence screen and use the Location feature/driver -- HD+ will send the current geofence name to the Hubitat along with coordinates. There's a setting in the Location driver which you enter a location name -- and if they match it'll set the presence state of that device as well.

the option of using the location device as the presence device didn't appear on the app.

I can see this being extra confusing too.. if you're going to use the Location feature you don't have to connect a geofence to a Hubitat device at all. You can just leave that empty.

EDIT: I also see that it's not possible to remove a device once you've selected one so I'll fix that now

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I had all that and understood it and I "updated" as you did. So I have a presence devices for key points and have a location one I was using to see if I could replace it to one device.

However what the oddity was for me was on my phone I could select the location device as the presence device. I thought it would set it to present if the location matched on the geo fence. However I now realised that the presence state is determined by the string "name" match.

However I was assisting another and I set it up as above I was thinking one device for the presence in and out then the "name" match for all other locations. However unlike mine that device would not appear on the list to be used. Only a normal presence device or one with a switch or your "device" driver would appear.

So that's what I did. I created a "device" driver for the presence device for the main "home" and it does the notifications +. (A true hubitat phone replacement).

But then the user does also want to track other areas like the school for his kids. So I have created a "location" location driver device for all the extra locations.

So I'm thinking the issue is my phone because I transitioned somehow the app is still picking my "location" driver device as a option for the presence.

I have to clean it all up on mine anyway so hopefully it will clean out the cobwebs.

@jpage4500 what is the latest play store version please? Could you push the latest fixes to it if possible. If you have a phone with parental permissions it wont let you do a side load

version 1.0.2304 (beta)

• add support for searching icons from iconfinder.com
  • fix plural "all switchs" to "all switches"
  • add select all option to hidden devices dialog
  • allow user to un-select an option in option dialog
  • reduce memory when searching for images
  • don't select both on and off in change icons apply to dialog
  • set initial search term for changing icons

Lots of little changes in this release. I added support for a new source of images - iconfinder.com.

Speaking of images, there's a few small changes related to changing device icons..

• when you try to change a device image I'm only selecting the Open/On option by default. Before, both open and closed were checked but I imagine most people just want to change the icon for a given device state (ie: open)
  • when the image browser opens, I'm pre-filling the search field for the device type (ie: "Door") since this might help narrow the search without typing
    • You can always see the rest by deleting the text

• On any dialog with radio buttons on it - you can now un-select the selected option
    • Typically radio buttons don't allow this but I needed a way to remove a previously selected choice.

3 Likes

All changes get pushed to the Play Store - beta channel right away. Google sometimes takes up to a day or 2 to make them available though.

The current version was just pushed now - version 1.0.2304 (beta)

The non-beta version (release) is only a week or so old and I generally will update that every few weeks if there's no issues with the beta one

1 Like

Hola amigo, ya no se me cierra la app, estoy muy contento por tu trabajo, muy bien proyecto, muchas gracias, como se añade el repositorio de https://www.iconfinder.com/?

It seems like there's been a change to how the auto-refresh works when viewing tiles within the app. Not sure when it changed -- maybe a few weeks ago? If I scroll down towards the middle or bottom of the list, the app refreshes itself (every few seconds) and jumps/scrolls back to the top of the list, forcing me to scroll back down to where I was viewing before the auto-refresh occurred. It's very annoying; is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for bringing this up. I feel like I've seen something like this while testing other things but never did pinpoint what was happening. Maybe it's related to the logic I added which brings you back to the homescreen. I made it so the screen would also scroll to the top at the same time.. anyway, I'll check it out

1 Like

Hello friend, the app no longer closes, I am very happy with your work, very good project, thank you very much, how is the https://www.iconfinder.com/? repository added?

Also when I'm in the edit mode Everytime I move a tile the screen jump back to the top, it's been a few weeks since it start doing that.

1 Like

I've been using this app for a couple months and it's been working flawlessly for me. Simply amazing.

There is one feature i would like and would use if it is even possible to add.

I have a large tile for a sonos speaker. If I press the play button, it will play the last message played. Is there any way to have a text input box inside the tile so that the user can input a custom text phrase, then hit the play button?

I would use this feature as a multi room anouncer i.e. Dinner is ready, etc. The google home app had something similar that i would use with google home minis, but i gave up using it because the integration became too unreliable. Sonos has been very reliable for me.

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Yes! Constantly! It happens after every tile move. Makes it very difficult to edit too.

@jpage4500 SInce we get more and more issues with Life360 is there any chance you can implement more than 2 presence locations? Plleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee :pray:

Edit: Just found out, how genius the HD+ already is. Please forget my request.

Thanks again for the great work!

I was thinking of this the other day, I think you could have a hub variable string and a rule that monitors the variable if it changes then send it to the speaker and speak.

Hi!
First of all, thanks a lot for doing this. HD+ is awesome.

I encountered a small bug - i added 1 device, an Aqara Motion Sensor, then accidently hid the tile. I could not find 'Manage hidden tiles', so i added some more tiles, and hid them too.
Then the Manage Hidden Tiles option appeared, but i could only select the new ones i added, not the first one.

So i had to remove the device in maker api, and re-add it to make it reappear.

Just wanted to mention it. :slight_smile:

That sounds like a good idea - I could create a new device type to do this or try to add it to the existing Music Player device type. It sounds like something that would be easier to manage as it's own device type though.

I can imagine showing a list of the last few things you've had it say so you're not typing any more than necessary.

1 Like

Is it possible that you accidentally moved the tile into a folder? I looked at the logic for hidden tiles and the way it works is -- a tile can be marked as 'hidden' in the app in 2 different ways.. One is to just hide it - the other is to move it into a folder. I did it this way at the time because in either case I don't display the device on the main dashboard. But, it made things confusing when showing that manage hidden devices dialog..