[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I think you should consult Lockpicking Lawyer.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @jpage4500, Happy Holidays!
I am getting app crashes while opening some folders that have worked flawlessly before and haven't been changed. I'm on v.2279 (although Android has been updated recently) and I have restored from backup and some folders still crash the app. How can I debug why? This is the only thing I find in the logs but it doesn't point my anywhere. No rush, enjoy the holidays. Thanks.

Wed Dec 27 19:12:11 EST 2023
MainApplication
CRASH: Index: 18, Size: 17, STACK: [doInBackground(DashboardFragment.java:817), doInBackground(DashboardFragment.java:788), lambda$execute$4(AsyncTask2.java:70)]

EDIT: After poking around I found that if I long press on the folder, edit, select Manage Folder Items, make no changes, and just hit OK it seems to allow the folder to open again. Something must get re-built/initialized during that process to clear up any config corruption. What's weird is how it got corrupted in the first place...odd.

thanks for that log - it looks like it's related to placing the BACK button in a folder. I'll try to get it fixed today

Oh wow, I thought it was something I messed up, Hopefully it's something easy to correct. If you need anymore data let me know.

Buenas amigos, utilizo el panel hd+ y hace unos dĂ­as veo que se me cierra sola la app, al bajar para abajo del panel para ver mis otros dispositivos se me cierra la app y presenta un error.

I had to google translate this and the previous question so let me know if I'm not understanding something. This post says the app is crashing and those are the hardest issues to figure out. I do get a report of crash logs so I'll look to see if anything new is showing up. What device type are you using? (ie: 7" Fire Tablet, Samsung S10 phone, etc).

I would like it to show me the status of a window that I have two sensors together, not by separate tile

This is what I got out of the first post. Typically each tile just shows a single status. There is the "Custom" device type which lets you pick up to 4 attributes to display on a single tile. Is this what you're looking for? I posted some screenshots of this below

1 Like

Gracias por resolverme el problema de los mosaicos, el problema que tengo es en mi teléfono Xiaomi, borre la app de google play y instalé tu apk, y me sigue dando error. Me sale un error y me cierra la app.

version 1.0.2292 (beta)

• revert lock icon to previous version
  • when we get an http:401 invalid token response, instead of logging out, prompt to update access token
  • re-arrange menu items

Most of these are fairly small - menu item changes (still trying to figure out how to wrangle a lot of settings into something that makes sense). I also am backing up a few settings that weren't being saved before (the back button/title option and checking for hub updates).

I also got a chance to test what happens when you change the access token in MakerAPI.. before HD+ would log you out when this happens but when you log back in again a lot of tiles won't show up anymore. Now, I'm prompting you to update the access token - but not logging you out.

3 Likes

I do see several crashes by a Xiaomi device reported. The crashes are in an open source library I'm using called spannedgridlayoutmanager, which helps display tiles that are > 1 tile high (ie: tall tiles). I've had a few other issues with this library and it's not being supported anymore which doesn't help.

In the meantime, can you try logging-out or clearing data to start fresh again. But, this time don't make any tiles > 1 row tall and see if you have any issues with the app crashing. I'll try to figure out what's happening and fix it but at least that hopefully will let the app run without crashing

EDIT: I was actually able to reproduce this crash and I checked in a fix just now! Thanks for reporting it

1 Like

Gracias por contestar, aquĂ­ te muestro unas imĂĄgenes de mi tablero, todos mis iconos son de 1x1, poro cuĂĄl ese no puede ser el problema. Espero que puedas solucionarlo, gracias, cualquier cosa aquĂ­ estoy para ayudar

Sigo sin noticias y estoy empezando a sentirme triste

Happy Holidays! My main workstation crashed (sorta. long story). I can't locate the backups of HD+ that were stored in Bluestacks - so I'm rebuilding. I had a hub saved backup from 30 days ago but the restore didn't rebuild the custom icons and tile customizations (color, name). Painful!

I'm looking for ideas on how to implement a solution I want - a Flashing Tile. Use case - I have a dropbox outside my frontdoor for tenants to drop payments/papers etc. For weeks it can be idle, but during rent week (I call it hell week) it can get used. Using ITTT, I send an email, and do some other automations - works great. I'd like my tile to go into 'flash' mode when the contact is triggered. Then, after being acknowledged somehow, it goes back to normal. Seems easy using css but I'm trying to get away from customized tiles and use only HD+ (and Tile Builder).
Any ideas from the group?

minor typo I believe - while setting 'Click Action' for a virtual device that I set as 'switch'
I think it should be 'All Switches'

1 Like

What about some kind of virtual switch which gets turned ON when the contact is opened but must be manually turned OFF? As for the flashing icon, you can use an animated gif for a custom icon -- so you could set the 'ON' state image to something animated that would get your attention.

1 Like

Were you able to update to the latest version? 1.0.2295? If so and it's still crashing let me know and I'll try to find another crash log.

hmmm. a virtual switch on dashboard connected to the actual contact - when triggered stays on till off - then set as animated gif for open state...

OOOkay. Problem solved!! thanks Mr. JPage4500!

La versiĂłn que sale en la apk y en Google Play es esta, aquĂ­ te envĂ­o una fotos de la version

@jpage4500 can we use the location driver for the "presence" device or do we need to only use a standard driver? Was seeing if i could use it for both.

1 Like

Presence is available in both places with different ways of handling it. You can use one or the other or both depending on your use case(s).

The presence tracking in the HD+ app will directly update a virtual presence device of your choosing. With this you can have individual presence updates for each location setup in HD+. This does require you to have separate virtual presence devices setup in your hub for each location you want to have a 'presence' for.

The MyLocation driver reports the location name (which could be used in RM to do different things based on your location but it's not really a 'presence' event). However, the driver can also provide a true presence event for 1 location when setup correctly. If you setup location names in HD+ then you can provide the matching location name in the MyLocation driver that represents 'present'. The MyLocation driver will then provide a true presence event for that 1 location.

Me personally, I use only the MyLocation driver with my only 'presence' being 'At Home' (the location name). I also use the location names and coordinates to show a map with some overlaid text like 'Mark is At Home', or 'Mark is At Work', etc.

Yes this is what I have however was setting up anothers device and the option of using the location device as the presence device didn't appear on the app.

Currently I created a "device" device now as the presence and notification device and then a separate location device for the location device.