[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks for the background. I'll keep an eye on it and try to grab a log if it happens again. Now that we've talked about it i'll probably never see it again. :slight_smile:

Update: Dashboard has been perfect all day. Think we can write it off to a short-lived glitch. (Either mine, the tablet, we'll never really know which.) :smiley:

Hi there,

As this app has made very quick progress I wanted to ask if there is a simple slider tile for volume control? (I used to have this for my Marantz/Denon AVR with the original dashboard). If not, would this be possible to integrate? Maybe even adjustable in size? That would be really useful and cool!

@jpage4500, with the rapid progress and plethora of requests you have fielded I've chosen to mostly watch from the sideline. However, it's time I spoke up with another "thanks" :+1:

My tablet updated to v1.0.398 overnight and it is looking really good. LOVE the folders!

2 Likes

The coolness is growing rapidly, isn't it. :smiley:

1 Like

Can you send me a device log so I can see what the audio device looks like? Hopefully it's something like this. I'm curious what other attributes it has as well though.. like MusicPlayer

Could you tell me what I need to do for this? I've never heard of a device log....

Thank you!

Sure, in the nav menu click More Settings -> About -> Support; this will generate a device log and from there you can send it via gmail or similar apps. More info here

@jpage4500, Yes, this is in cloud mode. When I issue the unlock command from my car or cell phone. When I press the tile (which shows locked) it immediately goes to unlocked. Then about 5 seconds later it goes back to locked. It then stays locked forever (event though I've verified that it is unlocked) unless I manually refresh it. (my Yale lock will automatically re-lock after two minutes). This seems to happen because the lock isn't (usually) unlocked in the 5 seconds after issuing the command. Occasionally it is unlocked during that 5 seconds, in which case it functions properly. Lock commands fail similarly. There are also seem to be no push notifications being received from HE; if I issue a lock command (when it shows unlocked) it will not update unless I manually refresh it.

Here is the event log from the lock. Only the middle two are relevant:

|lock|locked||Culver Door was locked via auto lock [physical]|DEVICE|physical|2020-09-04 03:05:38.115 PM CDT|
|lock|unlocked||Culver Door was unlocked via command [digital]|DEVICE|digital|2020-09-04 03:03:39.341 PM CDT|
|lock|unlocked||Culver Door was unlocked via command [digital]|DEVICE|digital|2020-09-04 03:03:34.162 PM CDT|
|lock|locked||Culver Door was locked via button [physical]|DEVICE|physical|2020-09-04 02:35:19.207 PM CDT|

I checked the Events on the Dashboard and all it shows is that the unlock command was issued.

I do think the solution is an advanced attribute that checks the lock after X number of seconds after a command is sent to it.

Thanks for looking into it.

I finally had another out of sync light - log will be sent to you via PM. Thanks for looking at it.

I see in the log file where the unlock command is sent. 5 seconds later the device is queries and returns locked. Then, another 5 seconds it queries it again and still locked.

Thinking more about this I think I can get something that will work here.. In remote mode, when the app sends a command it toggles the device's state locally and then tries to verify that the command worked by refreshing the device (up to twice)

I see a couple of things that I can do here. For one - if the first refresh returns but the state hasn't changed yet (ie: locks) I can keep the local state. Second, I can retry a few more times to allow more time for the command to take effect. Only after that would I need to revert the state back.

version 1.0.407 (beta)

• add setting to adjust text size
  • add speaker device which has a volume slider and mute/unmute button
  • show mode icons (home/away/evening/night)
  • better retry logic in cloud mode

You can now adjust the device tile name text size (nav menu -> text size). Let me know if the min/max limits work or if there's some reason to show even larger text. Along with this I'd also like to make the tile name changeable in case you don't want it to match the same name on the hub..

I also updated the speaker device type so you can change volume and mute/unmute on click. While adjusting the volume I display the volume in a larger popup so it should be easier. I will still add a 'wide' option to this but forgot about it until just now :slight_smile: Also, I don't have a device to test with so let me know if you have any feedback on this.

Another change is a few mode icons (day/night/evening/away).

Last but not least I updated the logic on refreshing a device state while in cloud mode. Note I still haven't had much time to test cloud mode.. it's on my list!!

1 Like

I am loving this. Thanks so much! I really like the fact that this is a native Android app and not just a web redir.

1 Like

Woot! Thanks for working on this!!

Loving the new text size option, really helps to quickly locate the tile we are looking for when using the tablet sitting on a stand on the counter. Thanks!!

verion 1.0.422 (beta)

• add setting to require PIN for HSM or Mode changes
  • allow speaker/volume device to use wide tiles
  • misc fixes

2 Likes

OK, this is from my wife, so I'm going to need this done by tomorrow. What, you don't have to do everything she says almost immediately? It's just me!? :wink:

She actually was using your dashboard last night to turn off a light and check temps of some of our outdoor thermometers (I kid you not, this will become a national holiday someday) and she mentioned that she was getting confused by having separate humidity and temp tiles (confusing one w/the other) and also didn't like that it required so many tiles/space for the info.

So I'm here as her (unpaid) agent respectfully requesting a dual Temp/Humidity tile for devices that support that (e.g., I have three temp/humidity Ecowitt devices connected to HE).

Thanks for listening. :slight_smile: Seriously, thanks for providing a smart home tool that my lovely wifey actually uses...

This shouldn't be too hard to add. The only downside would be that the text would have to be smaller to fit both - but it can be changed to just show 1 or the other like is done today too.

1 Like

That would be great...as long as the two numbers show degrees and %, and I have room to fit simple text like "Front Yard" that will do it. :slight_smile:

version 1.0.430 (beta)

• add support for temp/humidity device type
  • add support for 5 buttons displayed on main screen (WIP)
  • update button style
  • add shadow to text for devices that have text instead of an icon only (ie: temp, thermostat, etc)

There's a few new things here - all can be seen on the screenshot below:

1. a new temp+humidity device type; I'll expand this to more multi-purpose devices later too (let me know if there's a combo you want to see as I don't have any to test with)
  2. up to 5 buttons can be displayed on a device tile.. I know.. that's a LOT of buttons in a small tile. There's a 'wide' mode option which will work better. I started to refine the UI of the buttons and this isn't done yet.. In my head I want to have an option to show a popup dialog for devices with > 2 buttons as that'll make the tile look cleaner and be more usable.
  3. I added a little shadow to devices that have text as their main 'icon' (ie: date, temp, thermostat, etc)
2 Likes

NVM below in case you've seen it. Check and I'm still on 1.0.422, evidently 1.0.430 hasn't hit my Google Play servers yet...

I cannot say a large enough WOOT! It looks great (all of it)!

I'm gonna be a rock-star when wife sees this. :smiley:

Feeling a little dumb...my Temp/Humidy sensors are showing w/really big temperature in the center, and tiny humidity in the bottom right. LIke this from one of your earlier scree caps:

Not w/both enlarged as yours below.

Is there anything I need to do to get my temp/humidity devices to show up like yours? I tried removing them from the Maker app and re-adding, but they came back the same.

Google Play can be really slow at pushing out updates sometimes.. and other times it's really fast. Not sure why. I do have a direct apk link - and that version should be able to download newer versions from inside the app.. But, the nice thing about Google Play is the app will be updated automatically. So, it's still probably the best route..