[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I exported, edited, and imported the file, but my dashboard doesn't appear to be taking the changes. Tried FC on the app and re-opening, and it still shows the old config.

I tested the file in the JSON tester and it was OK'd.

This is the change I made, moving a bunch of tiles into a folder that had just a few items to start:

},
            "attributes": {
                "folderNumItems": "17",
                "folderItems": "[\"1348\",\"1283\",\"1284\",\"42\",\"43\",\"45\",\"46\",\"47\",\"48\",\"50\",\"51\",\"52\",\"53\",\"54\",\"55\",\"56\",\"57\"]"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. :slight_smile:

I just tried this.. I edited the exported file (added several devices to a folder) and then imported. I see all of devices I added show up in the folder.

I should have mentioned in my post above that this alone won't remove the device from the main screen. When you move a device to a folder in the UI, the app sets the "isHidden" flag of the device to true.

I also noticed just now that if you don't have any custom preferences like backgrounds set - you won't even see some of the fields that you can set in the exported file. I wanted to list everything, even if not changed - so anyone editing wouldn't have to guess what field names to use.

I'll get an update in that makes sure all possible fields are visible in the exported file. But, in the meantime if you just want to hide the devices from the main screen and you don't have "isHidden" in your export file - just make it look like this (you don't need all of these keys - I'm just including the whole device as an example of what can be changed)

"device": [
        {
            "id": "69",
            "label": "Back Door",
            "prefs": {
                "sortOrder": 0,
                "onIconColor": "",
                "offIconColor": "",
                "onBackgroundColor": "#FF0000",
                "offBackgroundColor": "#FF0000",
                "deviceType": "",
                "onIconUrl": "",
                "offIconUrl": "",
                "isHidden": false,
                "isWide": false
            }
        },

Thanks. I must be doing something wrong, then. The devices I moved to the folder in the JSON file are still in the main screen as you say, but aren't in the subfolder where I tried to put them.

I'll PM you a link my entire file - appreciate it you can take a quick look and see why it isn't working. Appreciate it.

Solved it - importing the .txt file directly from Google Drive didn't work, downloading from Drive and then importing did work. Maybere there may be some formatting applied to the .txt file by GH that is removed when the file is download?

Anyway, it worked perfectly using the downloaded version of the .txt file.

Excellent!

good to hear!

FWIW - I've been exporting and importing directly from Google Drive and it seems like it's been working for me though. I think I edited the file directly on Google Drive too using one of the text add-ons.

Thanks! MIne was uploaded from my system, the text add-on I tried had a big "Advertisement" header in it (I have an add-blocker on my router so it was blocked) which took up too much space for me to use the editor effectively. Which one did you use, and did you have the large ad banner?

If you can consider below for future updates, that would be great:

• Adjustable fonts for the device names, ideally be able to scale up the font size of the device names and scale down the size of the icons to accomodate the larger text.

• For dual-use devices, especially like Temp/Humidity devices, allow display that shows temp and humidity in the same font, either stacked one of top of the other or side-by-side maybe with a slash or pipe divider in-between.

• For folder organization, it would be great to have a way to select devices from a list and then choose which folder you want them in. Drag-n-Drop is great for one or two items, but not as usable to move a bunch of devices around. (Not as important given the JSON edit option.)

Even if these options were available only via editing the config file, that would be a big help in usability for my sight-challenged family. :slight_smile:

If you're asking about a tall tile for the Pico, I think a 1x2 tall tile would be great.

Should be able to fit 5-buttons.

There's a better one - I think it's just called Text Editor

Adjustable fonts for the device names

for dual-use devices, especially like Temp/Humidity devices, allow display that shows temp and humidity in the same font

I'll add both to my list

have a way to select devices from a list

I've tried to think about how to offer multiple select for drag-and-drop. The list idea would be easier to implement though!

1 Like

Sorry for the delay -- these are great! Let me see if I can get them added in next

This makes a lot of sense. Is it possible today using the Rule Manager to have a virtual switch which represents a bunch of other contact sensors? Meaning - if any of the 12 contact sensors are 'open', the virtual switch would be 'on'? That would be 1 way that a single tile could represent multiple devices. But, that doesn't help with the second part which would be when clicked to open a view of all of the contact sensors.

For an app-only solution, you can put all 12 devices into a folder and that works for the 2nd part of this. I do have high on my list changing the folder icon to be more dynamic and represent what's inside the folder. Maybe I can allow some options for this with 1 of them being showing an 'on' state if any device in the folder is on.. that could work for what you're asking about. Let me know if you have any thoughts and I'll see what I can do!

Zone Motion Controller app allows you to aggregate motion devices into one virtual motion device. From there if you can provide a tile that can monitor that virtual motion tile and provide access to a sub-folder where the motion devices have been placed, we're good. :slight_smile:

Excellent, thanks for considering my humble requests. :slight_smile: One of the first things my wife asked me to do when she first used the dashboard last night was to make the text bigger on the buttons. :wink:

I'll look for that text app you mention....

Yes you can, I've done just that for multiple contacts to show "activity", and also for all my sprinkler zones to show when the sprinklers are on.

version 1.0.390 (beta)

Hopefully this makes switching HSM modes faster/better. I still have an optional PIN for changing modes on my TODO list

2 Likes

version 1.0.398 (beta)

• update folder icon to show contents of folder which reflect device state
  • fix thermostat icon display issue

Now folders will display the devices contained inside (up to 4), including realtime device state. A 'recently updated' icon appears if any of the devices have changed recently as well as a device count if > 4 devices are in the folder.
image image image

I still have some things I'd like to add to this feature:

• if more than 1 of the same device type (ie: light) exists in a folder, show them combined into a single icon - with the 'on' state showing if any of them are on and 'off' showing if all of them are off. I think this would work for the request above where there's 12 contact sensors in a folder and the user wanted to see if any of them are 'open'. That way, all 12 can be seen at a glance.
  • not every device icon is displayed in the folder.. that includes weather, date, thermostat, temp, humidity, buttons. That's because these aren't simple icons. However, I'll continue to add support for these (let me know if any of them are of interest and I'll work on those first)
5 Likes

Hi, @jpage4500 - I've had problems w/a light refreshing properly on the dashboard running on a Samsung tablet.

It shows up correctly on the device page, and operates normally in all other ways. It's on a Honeywell Zwave+ dimmer.

Of course when I went to look at it right now it's looking OK. Any suggestions on stuff to check, assuming I see the Dashboard show the wrong status again?

If you see the status off - you can send a device log to me (about->support). I log the current states of all devices as well as any push notifications that come in. Android only keeps logs for so long so the sooner you capture it after noticing the better chance I'll see what happened.

If you're running in local mode (not cloud) - then all of your device status updates come from the Hubitat Hub's Websocket. They're pushed realtime - so no need for the app to do any polling. The app will refresh all device status's when the screen is displayed (needed to get the status up until the point we're connected to the websocket).

The app does also do a periodic refresh as well if it hasn't received any push notifications in 10 minutes. That's kind of a failsafe in case something goes wrong with the Websocket.. However, at least in my testing with 2 tablets on all day long - I've gotten these updates pretty much instantly.

quick question.. are you talking about the text for the device names or something else? just wanted to make sure.. I'm thinking how to allow changing the device name text size (and where to put the setting). But, then I realized you might be talking about the button text - such as "On" / "Off"

Thanks for asking, good point. I was referring to the device name. The status is pretty easy to tell from the tile, but quickly reading the device name was difficult. As our eyes age they just seem to get lazier and lazier... :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking into this!