[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Yeah, it's always really annoying how their system can be fast one day and slow the next. When I was working my last company on mobile apps we would release and then sort of just wonder when it was going to hit.

I got the last update before this one today so I'm thinking maybe it'll be tomorrow when the new update shows up. Thank goodness I didn't promise my wife anything today. LOL :slightly_smiling_face::wink:

I'm on 1.0.422 and in cloud mode my lock now works fine going from locked to unlocked. However, it still has the same behavior as before going from unlocked to locked. It will quickly toggle to locked, then quickly back to unlocked, then about 10 seconds later it changes to what it should be (locked).

Can you send me a log of that happening? i don't use cloud mode often but i did test on my lock (which also takes a while to completely)

FYI - I put out a quick fix for the cloud mode retry logic. The general idea is that the app will show the 'desired' state for up to 20 seconds while checking the device to see if the actual state matches the desired state. If it doesn't, it'll revert to the actual device state. I'm hoping this works but can use help testing it if anyone has time

@jpage4500

So I did get the update and was able to set up the dashboard for my wife showing the separate humidity and temperatures in one tile, writ large. I also noticed that if I set some humidity only sensors to multi-sensors they show up much nicer as well.

That's all good and she was really pleased. Victory.

However she didn't believe it for a moment when I said I did it. :hushed::tired_face::persevere:

Oh well, as long as she's happy! :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

It now works brilliantly! Thank you!

@jpage4500, Would it be possible to add the pull-to-refresh to lan (non-cloud) mode as well? Right now if I switch my phone from cell network to home Wifi nothing updates. I have to quit and come back in (then everything works fine).

Is the hub firmware update notification still working? I haven't seen a notification tile for the past two updates, even though it did work originally.

haha.. yeah, that's a good catch! I was going to add the little icons next to the temp and humidity icons too.

I saw another post someone asking about a temp tile which changed colors based on the temp.. from blue (cold) to red (hot). I thought about doing that with the icon color. I could also do it for the background color but didn't want to override one of the theme background colors. Anyway, if it makes sense I'll at least change the icon color. Probably could do the same for humidity somehow (not sure colors for dry - humid though)

1 Like

I've seen it popup on my 2 dashboards.. seems like there was a few updates just in the last week or so. It will only work in local LAN mode (not cloud) since it's checking an update page on the hub and not part of the MakerAPI.

Right now if I switch my phone from cell network to home Wifi nothing updates

hmm.. if should stay in cloud mode which is a polling mode. So, updates should work but not instantly like local/LAN mode. The best way I could think to fix this is to save the local WIFI AP name/SSID. Then, if you're connected to that SSID we'd use local mode and if not cloud mode. The only issue w/this is I have to prompt for location permission b/c Android won't let apps detect the SSID without it. I'll try tp spend some time trying to figure out how to do that or something similar..

Found this online, though it looked like there were multiple color scales...I would have thought yellow (sun) to blue (water) myself.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

I beg your pardon if this has been discussed before because I didn't find it (I'm not impressed with the search feature in Discourse) but is there a way I can use local custom icons on just one tile, a switch? I'm using a virtual switch to show success/failure of an operation in Node-red and this is what I have for use in Tile Master.

Screenshot_2020-09-13_12-19-27

@jpage4500, nice app, I just started playing with it and I could not find a way to change the tile name. I have all my devices coded with floor number, room number, and device; not a 'real name'. I'd like to put the name (how it currently being used) in place. I didn't see it anywhere in this thread; is that an option?
Thanks

Hello @jpage4500 ,

I'm very new to HE, mine has arrived 3 days ago, so I'm might be missing some silly detail, but anyway, I've noticed 2 issues:

1. The date format is reset every time I open the app.

2. I'm developing a dimmer device using an Xbee 3. It is working as expected so far, but I'm unable to add it to the app dashboard since it doesn't appear on the device list. On the HE app I was able to add and control it.

Thanks for your generosity providing this app!

There's a couple of ways you could do this today.

The easiest would be to change the background color for the 'on' state to green and the 'off' state to red. Then, change the icon for the 'on' and 'off' states. The app lets you search iconsdb.com and they should have white icons like these.

If you're comfortable editing the config file, export the settings and edit the file. Look for the device you want to modify and set the "onIconUrl" and "offIconUrl" values to any publicly accessible image URL. The URL can be http:// or should also work with file:// as well if you want to use images on your device.

I could add a 'browse..' button for picking a local icon through the app. I originally wanted to include a basic set of icons too which would probably include the generic checkmark/X like you have too

Here's an example done through the app

1 Like

The tile name comes from the 'name' or 'label' fields (label is used first if set).

I have TODO item to let users change the device/tile name in the app though - but not there yet

2 Likes

hmm.. that shouldn't happen. Let me check - maybe it's a bug. All of my tablets use the default time so I wouldn't have noticed.

I'm unable to add it to the app dashboard since it doesn't appear on the device list

The 'add device' option is just for adding non-Hubitat tiles to the app. Can you check the MakerAPI settings on the hub and make sure the new device is selected? That sounds like the issue if I were to guess.

The app doesn't refresh the full list of devices from the hub that often though so if you do add a new hubitat device you can do a full refresh (buried in the menu->more options) which will detect it. Otherwise, it would show up normally just closing and re-opening the app or by waiting a while too.

1 Like

That was it! I hadn't noticed that I have to grant a permission to access every device on the Maker API.

1 Like

Ok, fair enough. Thanks! Great work on the app!

1 Like

I found the bug and fixed it. It'll be in the next release. A workaround for now would be to just add and remove a new device through the app (such as a folder) - that would persist the custom date format you have set.

1 Like