[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

You asked for a log and a few posts back I offered you one. Where shall I send it?

I also can't update it. I am still on 1.0.1338

I uninstalled (which got rid of my one widget) and reinstalled, so now it opens, but I am still on 1.0.1338. Google Play store says version 1155. How do I make sure I get the updates? NB I am on the beta test track, and have been for some time.

How do I turn off the red new device icon? I don't want that. It appears to be showing up even with device status changes.

How do you force an update?

I am seeing this problem as well (on 1.0.1346)

1 Like

Damn, I really didn't think any recent changes would affect any existing functionality.. If anyone wants to send me a config file I'll be able to see exactly what you're seeing and will try to figure out how to get it back again. Or, if you have an idea how I can reproduce it that would work too. I have updated my tablets and they look exactly the same as before. So, I can only assume there must be a device in your layouts that aren't in mine.

If anyone does want to send me a dashboard config file, I will write up instructions how to do this without sending any sensitive info.. the only sensitive info that's in there should be the cloud access token (if enabled) which I don't need anyway to reproduce the layout that you see.

{
    "version": 3,
    "server": "192.168.0.200,
    "appId": "141",
    "token": "****",
    "cloudToken": "",
    "cloudModePref": "MODE_AUTO",

Please provide instructions and I'll gladly send them your way.

I have a hidden(ish) way to check for updates in the app - even if you're running the Google Play Version. If you open the nav drawer and click on the logo 5 times you should see a little message saying "Debug mode [enabled/disabled]".

Once enabled, you should see "Check for updates" show up in the About dialog.

FWIW - I don't think Google wants apps to be able to update the app outside of the Play Store so I can't promise this will work forever. Essentially, the version that's downloaded is the same apk that's uploaded to the Play Store so the only benefit here is that it'll be available earlier as it can take a while for updates to show up on the store.

The best place is joe.page.software@gmail.com if you haven't already. I'll look through my email next

Got "update failed". Oh well

I found a nice little article detailing some 'lessons learned' when trying to support Android 12.. I wonder how many of these lessons here are creating problems for me now

Update.. well that was easy to reproduce.. I just put a few devices in a folder and when I restarted the app the folders were gone. If I can reproduce it I can fix it.. I'll try to get it in as quick as I can

1 Like

I sent you a config file if you still need it.

I see the issue.. man, the last few updates seemed so small but yet created some big issues :frowning:

I checked in a fix but I'm afraid that you might have to restore from a backup so I really hope everyone has a backup to load.

The issue stems from something I noticed while testing away from home yesterday.. after putting the app in the background I noticed it was still making API calls to the hub. I fixed that (the app shouldn't do anything when it's not being used -- except widgets of course) but in doing so I ended up blocking the logic that restored the layout when the app starts. So you end up with essentially a reset layout (no folders or virtual devices). The app will also save the state of everything as it goes -- meaning it's going to overwrite the internal configuration with what's displayed..

Someone else had asked for the app to do some kind of automatic backup using a rotating list of files.. that sounds like a nice little feature in case something like this ever happens again.

I am going to need to do more testing before updating in the future though.. my tablets are pretty simple layouts so I often don't see some of these issues

2 Likes

That was quick! I checked and .1349 no longer shows the problem.

1 Like

Yep- working great here again too! Thanks for the very quick fix @jpage4500!!

I just noticed that I cant make any widgits on my Samsung S21 Ultra phone and then noticed your update for the widgits. I am on Hubitat Dashboard version 1.0.1338. If I click on "about", and then "check for updates", I get "UPDATE FAILED". Is there a direct link I can download the latest update?

1 Like

Yeah that's my situation too

https://jpage4500.s3.amazonaws.com/hubitat-dashboard/hubitat-dashboard-beta.apk

Thanks for the link. It allowed me to download the version 1.0.1349 and update the program.
That fixed the download error. Now if I try to update I get the message "No update Available".
I'll wait a few days for the store to catch up to any newer versions and try again.
It still does not let me make widgets on my Samsung 21 Ultra running Android 12.
(Edit) It did seem to allow me to make one if I set it to ignore Battery optimizations, but then Hubitat Dashboard runs all the time. If I turn off the battery optimization, the widget stops working and the app crashes until I delete the widget.
This version seems to work fine on my tablet running android ver. 7.1.1

1 Like

I found and fixed another widget issue (again related to a 1-line change to the app targeting Android 12). Hopefully this is it but I'll keep looking for any more.

3 Likes