[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Yeah if you're never using a PIN to secure anything. Then it wouldn't be any more or less convenient to be able to chose a biometric verification while unlocking a door.
I guess I'm in the minority where I end up somehow inadvertently launching.. opening.. activating.. phoning.. texting.. etc. etc. from my phone. :crazy_face:

So, just in case, I use a PIN on my door lock widget.

Now an always on wall mounted tablet for dashboards could be a good use.

I'll add a way to get to that screen from the larger popup version.. but, in the meantime you can get to the tile size screen in 1 of 2 ways:

• press and hold on the title (outside of the buttons) if you can
  • put the app into edit mode first (side nav -> edit mode) and then click on any button
1 Like

You rock!! That did it. Thanks.

Has anyone tried running this app on Windows 11? Does it work? I'm low key thinking of using this instead of the regular dashboard on my desktop

as an optional path which is OS version independent - I run BlueStacks v5, and load the Android Dashboard. It also let's me load other apps this way such as the hubitat app and play with widgets too :slight_smile: (something that @jpage4500 implemented)

EDITED Edit: Looks like this is resolved. I joined the beta group and upgraded to 1.1.1306 and the on/off status looks correct.

I think I found a bug, or at least a misrepresentation of the switch statuses. Hopefully it hasn't been resolved already and I missed it in the updates above.

I have a couple bathroom exhaust fans , two house fans, and a virtual house fan switch. Hubitat shows these as either a GE Enbrighten switch, Generic Switch, or Virtual FAN Switch. (Some of these are older Gen 1 GE switches that only work as Generic in HE. The actual room fan's appear as GE Smart Fan Control switches. (These work and report within the dashboard perfectly.)

Anyway, within the Hubitat Dashboard, they are all defined as "Fan" so they show the Fan icons. When you look at the switch/device/tile on its own, it shows its status of the switch properly. On with the in motion fan blades, or Off with the still fan blades. The problem is when you group them and have Show Device Count enabled. It shows them all in an ON state. Even though they are off. In the bottom right corner of my test group I have 5 / 5 with the left most 5 within a yellow dot.

App version 1.0.1155

I'm working from a tablet that I don't have an easy way to get screenshots off of. I'm going to try, but wanted to get this posted.

EDIT: Forgot I had this app on my phone too. The numbering of devices on is not 5 as I mentioned before, but you can see within my Fans group. The grouping shows 2 devices on, yet when in the group they all report as Off. The actual ceiling fans all report off / 0% and are not part of the two of seven devices on. A couple of my other "Fans" are under the Switches group, as you can see the icon is the ON fan. Yet none of those Fans are actually on.

A switch with "fan" in the name defaults to the fan device type. You can change it to switch though.

The problem is when you group them and have Show Device Count enabled. It shows them all in an ON state. Even though they are off. In the bottom right corner of my test group I have 5 / 5 with the left most 5 within a yellow dot.

Hmm.. I'll investigate this. I wonder if the folder state isn't updating when the contents change. I do have a folder of lights and I see it update when I turn off the last light at night so I know that works. But, maybe there's something with fans specifically or the type..

Also, if you're willing to send me an export/config file I should be able to figure out which devices are being reported as 'on'.

I think I missed this post earlier.. I knew the states were reversed in terms of what makes the device 'on' and 'off' (which applies to custom backgrounds/colors per state). But, what I didn't notice is what you're actually reporting here - that the present icon is an empty house and vice-versa.. oops! I just noticed that on my dashboard.. I'll get it fixed

2 Likes

[quote="jshimota, post:2485, topic:41674"]
I can't seem to have it display 5 buttons... only 4
[/quote]

As a feature thought - It may be an improvement for some if we can 'tick' which buttons on a controller we want to display. Your thoughts on this?

FYI - I've some button changes coming soon which should help including

• support for up to 6 buttons on a single tile
  • better button widget icon
  • hide any button
2 Likes

version 1.0.1322 (beta)

• support up to 6 buttons on a single tile
  • support hiding buttons
  • update button widget support
  • fix presence icons

Most of the changes in this version involve the button device type. You can now see up to 6 buttons on a single tile - but only if it's bigger than 1x1. You can also hide any buttons from a given button device type - just unselect the checkbox in the manage buttons dialog. Hopefully that'll suffice for most cases.

I also updated the button image for widgets to look a little more button-like

Lastly, I fixed the default presence text/icons

EDIT: I also slipped in 1 more change -- you can now change a switch device type to a fan or light - where before the device name had to have 'light' or 'fan' in it.

5 Likes

Is there any chance you could add a two-state icon to represent a heater please? Like how the bulb and switch icons have two states. I can't find anything that represents heat other than a naked flame icon.

If you (or anyone) wants to send me sets of images (on/off state) I can add them to the app. Ideally .png format with a transparent background.. I also try to use white icons so they're all consistent.

Anyway, I was just thinking about how to make it easier to use a set of icons like this (on/off) for a given device.. vs having to individually select 1 for the on state and another for the off state.

1 Like

If you let me know what size in pixels the images should be?

I've been using 256x256 for the size.. shouldn't be too large - maybe 10-30k each. But, I can always resize and/or crop the image too if necessary to make them look good.

Also, I've gotten most of my images from iconsdb.com; If there's another really good free image source I can try to connect it to the app too so you can search directly.

Also, the easiest way to add your own custom icons today is probably adding them to the hub's filemanager (http://hubitat.local/hub/fileManager). You can browse these images from the app

I did try out making one for the hub, and that's worked ok, but I was keen to keep to your existing resolution and style as far as possible for consistent dashboards. So your white is full 255,255,255? And what yellow do you use to indicate "on"?

FWIW - I'm going to keep working on documenting what I can because it's too hard to find things in this thread.

2 Likes

Right, I forgot I did add a yellow version for a couple of devices (lights, switch, fan) for the 'on' state. Here's an example if it helps..
device_switch_on

1 Like

Feature request please

Would it be possible to add a "return to home screen" after so many seconds. I had a forced refresh on my Imperihome Tablet dashboard that would return it to the main screen, with the clock, after 4 minutes. Since I've switched over to this dashboard, a couple of times I left the screen/view on a room, or a couple of nested menus in. An option to return to the main dashboard after a few minutes would be fantastic.

Edit to correct the auto correct.

1 Like

teeny tiny thing - when I 'Edit Dashboard' the options are labeled "Add Device Done Editing". As your product has now become a full fledged product - I'd change Add Device to Add Tile. Also after you click 'add device' the title of the popup might need checked too !