[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.2279 (beta)

• Set Timer feature will now work even if HD+ isn't running

This is a small change that was requested a while back -- you could set a timer on a device before (light or switch) and the device would turn ON/OFF at the given time. However previously it only worked while the app was running.. so good for an always on dashboard but bad for a phone where the app isn't always running. I updated this so now it'll work even if the app isn't running.

I also documented it here

3 Likes

Hi Joe. This is a great feature! Can't wait to try it out. I just got the previous beta update notification.

Do you know how long it usually takes between the time you publish and it becomes available in the app store?

Had anybody else experienced catastrophic failure? My hub is working because my automations are working but my phone isn't tracking state nor can I control anything. Just happened, updated app via Google Play, still same problem.

I recently started experiencing 1 smart plug that doesn't track the correct state for some reason. I haven't had time to do much troubleshooting. I have quite a few Zwave and Zigbee devices that are working fine with app though.

I am finding that my Kasa Switches rarely display the state in HD+

I have a lot of Kasa switches and outlets.. they're so cheap it's too hard to pass up. I've never had a problem with the state showing up incorrectly in HD+ -- but first check that the state is up-to-date in Hubitat since that's the source. If the Hubitat shows 1 thing and HD+ shows something else -- then we can start to narrow it down.

I'm also still using the now-deprecated driver and not the built-in version. I'm not sure if that matters at all but just FWIW.

side-note, I'm not a fan of having drivers like this get moved from a community app to built-in.. why? because now they can't get updated without a Hub update.. kind of like how Safari (iOS browser) can't be updated without a new OS update.. just seems like it's not going to end well. Plus, now there's no dedicated community forum with ideas/suggestions and changes listed from the author.

1 Like

I haven't had anything out-of-sync in a while -- and I've been doing lots of testing the last week. Maybe I'm not using the same devices though or something else is different from your setup.

I will say recently I decided to re-create my dashboard layout and keep it in sync with a few devices. So, I logged-out on 1 device and logged in again, basically starting over from scratch. I don't have too much customization so it didn't take long to get back to where I wanted. I also wanted as many devices to be defined on the Hub as possible so I didn't have to add local tiles as much.

Anyway, that is to say maybe there's an issue with dashboards that were created long ago. One worry I'd have is that Hubitat re-uses device ID's at some point which would create an issue with devices staying in sync.

Good point - the devices are not showing the correct state on the device page.
Odd.
Will have to investigate further

1 Like

The new unlocked icon differences are pretty subtle, sometimes slip right by my old eyes. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Maybe add a bigger keyhole at ninety degrees as well... or...? :man_shrugging:
ul

1 Like

Unlocked a different color or shading?

Yeah I prefer the old ones too. I have my locks on separate tiles so the alignment didn’t bother me. I do already have the tile turn red when the door is unlocked.

@jpage4500 I'm not sure what was changed lately but every time I touch my phone's dashboard the whole dashboard slides down slightly making the off screen. This happened like 6 months ago and you fixed it somehow.

1 Like

yeah I hear ya.. it is harder to spot at a glance. I made the unlocked version yellow so I could tell at a glance but I'll think about changing it back.

Hola amigo, cómo se haría para en un mismo mosaico agregar dos o tres iconos? Me gustaría que me mostrase el estado de una ventana que tengo dos sensores juntos ,no por mosaico separado

Another option for your consideration. :smiley:

ul

I think you should consult Lockpicking Lawyer.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @jpage4500, Happy Holidays!
I am getting app crashes while opening some folders that have worked flawlessly before and haven't been changed. I'm on v.2279 (although Android has been updated recently) and I have restored from backup and some folders still crash the app. How can I debug why? This is the only thing I find in the logs but it doesn't point my anywhere. No rush, enjoy the holidays. Thanks.

Wed Dec 27 19:12:11 EST 2023
MainApplication
CRASH: Index: 18, Size: 17, STACK: [doInBackground(DashboardFragment.java:817), doInBackground(DashboardFragment.java:788), lambda$execute$4(AsyncTask2.java:70)]

EDIT: After poking around I found that if I long press on the folder, edit, select Manage Folder Items, make no changes, and just hit OK it seems to allow the folder to open again. Something must get re-built/initialized during that process to clear up any config corruption. What's weird is how it got corrupted in the first place...odd.

thanks for that log - it looks like it's related to placing the BACK button in a folder. I'll try to get it fixed today

Oh wow, I thought it was something I messed up, Hopefully it's something easy to correct. If you need anymore data let me know.

Buenas amigos, utilizo el panel hd+ y hace unos días veo que se me cierra sola la app, al bajar para abajo del panel para ver mis otros dispositivos se me cierra la app y presenta un error.