[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I hadn't heard of it.. but apparently they charge $900 for the source code :slight_smile:

Yes, this can definitely be done. I thought about it but decided against it because all the other location apps (Life360 and OwnTracks) support iOS and HD+ is Android only. The rest of my family uses iPhones so I'd need something to run on their devices anyway.

That said, I have on my TODO the ability to support multiple geofences and connect each one to a Hubitat Presence device.

The biggest difference with geofence support is I don't have to send every location (lat/lng) change to the Hub. I just have to figure out if the device is inside or outside of the geofence and only notify the Hub when it changes. So, less work which == less CPU/battery on the phone

2 Likes

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.
I have a dynamic Google map on a dashboard that updates with the phone's location using OT (which has oddly become really helpful) so if you do ever add that option along with the multi-waypoints in the future that'd be super. Then, since your app has proven more reliable than OT, I and probably many others could just dump OT. As Forrest Gump would say, 'One Less Thing' :slight_smile:
Again kudos on a great app!

Hi all,
Has anyone had any issues displaying a google calendar tile? I have a google calendar that works fine on the Hubitat device page and on the regular dashboard. But when I look at the one in HD+ it indicates that I do not have permission to view events and when I press the tile no events exist. With the tile opened I can press little Google Calendar icon on the bottom right and my calendar opens within the tile without issue. Any ideas?

Hi all, does anyone know of a way to create a tile with a link to viewing a specific Ring camera? I have the Ring app installed on my tablet and I can create an HD+ tile that launches the Ring app, but by default it goes to the Ring dashboard. I'd rather it went to automatically displaying a specific Ring camera.

Thanks!

Marc

version 1.0.1996 (beta)

• many Life360/OwnTracks map changes

This version has several changes to the Life360/OwnTracks map including:

• adds all of your 'places' to the map (ie: work, home, school, etc). Requires the latest version of Life360+
  • better avatar markers
  • adds optional location permission prompt to show 'my location' on the map. You'll be prompted about this the first time you open the map but won't be prompted again
  • add new 'auto' map type mode which switches to satellite mode when zooming in (similar to Life360 app)
  • animate user movement when location updates

1 Like

I’m on .1956 - I’ve always been on the beta but seem to have lost the ability to update from the app- any ideas?

I've been using in-app update for a long time now. I did have to remove that ability (months ago) for the Google Play version. Is Google Play logged-in on your device? I imagine it could auto-update apps even ones that weren't installed by it.

Sorry, I missed this question.. I'm using a google calendar on my dashboards. The URL should look like this: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/SOME-ID%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Can you make sure the URL ends with .ics?

[quote="wecoyote5, post:4414, topic:41674"]
I have a google calendar that works fine on the Hubitat device page and on the regular dashboar
[/quote]

UPDATE: I'm not using a Hubitat device - I added a 'Calendar' tile from HD+. Which Hubitat driver are you using? If I can pull out the .ics URL from this I'll update HD+ to support it

@jpage4500 Hey Joe, I think I am nearing the end of my Alexa and other cloud 3rd party shenanigans. This currently will leave me no geo tracking. Have you gotten around to looking at multiple locations in your tracking system. I need at least two, home and work. Last time I used yours it was working great but I need more than 1 geofence as too many of my automations revolve around work.

It's one of the next things I want to work on -- just haven't gotten much free time lately

I have no problem giving the native HD+ calendar tile a try, I thought I tried that but I may be mistaken. I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I make out.
I'm using that HTML driver right now which, as I mentioned, works fine on my main display tablet and on any PC I connect with. Now, I do remember that my tablet didn't work either until I logged into my google account on the tablet, my phone is linked to that account so there shouldn't be an issue there but for some reason HD+ shows unauthorized.

Hi @jpage4500, I did get the built in calendar tile to work. I got thrown off the last time I tried this because it would only display 'No Current Events' so I figured I messed up the config or something wasn't working right. What happened, I think, is that when I pasted the calendar URL and hit OK I expected it to do an initial calendar read but it didn't. And with a 15min poll rate I wasn't patient enough to wait. After I got the calendar setup again this time I changed the poll rate to 15sec and voila the calendar popped right up. I backed down the poll rate and it all looks good now.
Am I correct that it doesn't do an initial first read upon hitting 'OK' after entering the URL? or it should have and there may be a bug?

Yeah, that sounds like a bug. It should pull the calendar down right away. I thought that was something I had fixed already but if you're running the latest version then I guess not. I'll test it out and see if I can reproduce

Thanks, not a big deal in scheme of things, it's a known thing that has a simple work around.

Another thing I did want to ask about. Is the app supposed to allow for finger scrolling for tiles off the screen or are we supposed to keep all the tiles in view? I cannot access any tiles that are off the screen. If I slide my finger up to scroll, then the screen just does the 'I've hit the scroll limit' bounce thing (technical term :slight_smile: ) and will not allow me to access lower tiles. I've since re-laid out/foldered my tiles so that none are off the screen now but I just wanted to know if what I'm seeing is correct or am I missing a setting somewhere, etc? If it matters then I'm setup for a phone, so portrait mode and I'm using 12 columns (which allowed me to make different large sized tiles that fit better).
Thanks again for a great app!

I appear to need login help. I've tried on two Android devices (one 13, one 12). The app can find my hub via Discover Hub, but fails after that. Hub security is OFF. I go into manual/advanced and enter my IP, the new Maker API appID and it's local token and it still cannot login in on either device. I only get back "unable to connect to server!". I can get all devices via the URL in the new Maker API app, very quick, not many devices listed. I'm using the newest beta copy but tried the public one first. Running a C8 on 2.3.5.141. I have other pre-existing instances of the Maker API app (individually named). Does that matter?

That would likely prevent the 1-click login from working correctly since it's looking for the first instance of MakerAPI. But, you should still be able to manually login.

Could you send device logs? That might show what the app is seeing.

Can you rename your HD+ Maker API instance label to something that moves it to the top of your maker apps. :thinking:

i.e. Maker API 1
or maybe: 1 Maker API

Thanks for the help! I did try renaming them but it appears it's due to having SSL enabled on the UI. Joe noted the redirection that occurs when he reviewed the logs. I can test further without that for now.

I'm testing this now and just want to make sure I'm implementing it in a way that makes sense.

You'd be able to add multiple geofence locations - each one can be tied to a Hubitat device (it can be a mobile, presence or switch device)

As you enter or exit any of these locations, HD+ will update the connected device (ie: on/off for a switch, or arrived/departed for a presence device) to reflect the state.

It was easier to just show a single location on a map at a time but I do have a button to switch between any saved locations so you don't have to leave the map.

2 Likes