[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Ok so this has just happened again on a different tablet. Unfortunately no debug logs as I never got around to switching them on.

I updated all of my tablets to .1912. On my Landing tablet I've been having the issue again when upon opening the app it's changed itself to 7 columns wide instead of 11. Anyway I corrected that and backed it up then:

Opened the app - the Front Door and Rear Door are showing 'Closed' but they are actually open (top padlock icon and third down)

I pulled down the screen to refresh but they did not correct, so I closed and reopened the app and they still did not correct.

On the side menu 'Quick Restore', I restore the dashboard that shows as 'Viewing'

The dashboard updates and correctly shows the two doors as Open

However if I close the app again and then re open it, they go back to incorrectly showing as Closed again. It's as though the app is pulling in stale data or states from when the app was backed up. Once I have physically opened and closed those contacts again everything will work correctly.

Something I see in the logs that confuses me:

1 - Why does it show 'LOCAL: hasPermission: false'? I'd assume that should be true
2 - 'SSID:EA34'. That SSID does not exist anymore, I changed equipment and SSID many months ago. Why would the logs still reference it?

version 1.0.1917 (beta)

• fix manage folder items
  • don't offer thermostat options that don't exist
  • show shortcut icon in edit mode

Just a few changes in this version.. primarily fixes a bug with 'manage folder items' which would end up removing empty/space tiles and section tiles from a folder.

2 Likes

LOCAL means the app is connecting to the hub via local IP address.. otherwise it'd say CLOUD

"hasPermission: false" is if the app has location permission which is required to get the current WIFI SSID. It's only necessary if you want the app to auto-switch between LOCAL and CLOUD modes - which for a wall-mounted tablet probably isn't necessary.

'SSID:EA34'. That SSID does not exist anymore

Is that SSID still referenced in about -> cloud mode settings?

Either way, you want LOCAL mode so nothing wrong with any of this.

On those locks that show 'unlocked' - what do the device details show? Do you see "lock = unlocked"? Is there some other attribute that looks off - like 'contact = open'?

Ok that makes sense - I only ever use Android (Fire OS) at home for the wall mount tablets. I'm an iPhone user so it'll only ever need to be 'local'

I'd never noticed that setting before - yes it is still referenced there.

Ignore that they are called 'Lock'. They are actually contacts (connected to a microswitch in a normal mortice lock so I can see whether the door is mechanically locked or not) So I see 'contact = open' /'contact=closed' which is correct.

Hello,

Firstly Id like to say that your Dashboard app is awesome. It is so much better than the native habitat dash available!

I thought Id post some items that I have been encountering with my dashboard.

1. I have noticed that my weather tile shows the accurate current weather but always shows the same 3 day forecast weather. It never changes which makes the forecast unreliable.

I removed and re-added the weather tile and confirmed the location is set correctly.

Please see the screenshot of the dashboard weather 3day forecast displayed and one of Google weather. You can see that the current weather is displayed accurately but the forecast is pretty off and always displays the same forecasted weather for the upcoming days.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi, I also have the 3-day forecast tile on my dashboards and they're up-to-date. You already have the forecast tile displayed so I'm not sure this will help but I do have a wiki page on getting that device setup in the hubitat - here

Is the weather device on the hubitat updating? I looked at my weather device (screenshot below) . Double-check that you have the API key set as well as the polling intervals set.

If you click on "Events" in the hub you should see recent updates. Here's the OpenWeatherMap driver link too which would have more details for setting it up

Ok, that's good to know.. these are contact sensors with the 'lock' device type? That could help narrow things down. Could you get a screenshot of the device details screen for a device with the wrong state? I'm just wondering if there's some other attribute which is why it's showing the 'unlocked' state when it's really closed.

Apologies - no they're Virtual Contacts in Hubitat and have the contact device type. I just call them 'Lock' and display a lock icon as that is what the contacts monitor. As I've since unlocked and locked the doors (which opens and closes the contact) everything is back in sync and showing correctly.

Yesterday one of the devices, on one dashboard only, was showing 'open' when it should've been 'closed'. On that dashboard I could see that 'Last Updated' time was indeed showing when the device last opened, so we know the close had been missed. However dragging down to refresh did not update that tile to match the current state of the device in Hubitat which was correctly showing 'closed'

I've now enabled debug on all of the tablets and will report back if I see it again. I'm convinced that something is not working at my end with regard to refreshing the devices by dragging down the screen or re opening the app. With the strange goings on the other day it seems as though the states update from HE to HD+ as they should when a contact opens/closes but maybe not from HD+ to HE when a refresh is carried out. I could be way off and I can't think of how I could purposely get a tablet to show the wrong state for a device so that I could prove that refresh works.

Oh and with regard to the Local/Cloud thing, I switched it from 'Auto' to 'Local Only"on all tablets.

Try turning on this options attribute in your OWM driver:

1 Like

I'm definitely interested to know what you find. These are 2 different ways of getting device updates but obviously it's important that they both reflect the same state.

1. the /eventstream websocket handles instant 'push' changes and it's easy to see this in action.. just try opening and closing a contact sensor while watching the device in the app
  2. the pull-to-refresh and the 10-minute timer do a full 'refresh' of all devices and states. You can test this by going into cloud mode. In that case, the app has to rely on polling to get device updates (NOTE that in cloud mode the polling is much more frequent - every 5 seconds)

I haven't noticed anything like this in the past but I also don't have many virtual devices (not sure if that's related or not). I do have several locks and contact sensors that I haven't noticed get out of sync but maybe there's a bug somewhere I haven't seen or tested.

I also don't have many (any) device copies on my tablets so maybe they're related to the problem. In the past device copies have gotten out of sync. I can't reproduce any of these but I can keep looking

1 Like

Thank you both for your help/time! When I looked at your screencap @Matthew I realized that my Weather device it looked a little different. I cant explain what I did but it was definitely wasn't the same as what yours displayed. I used the links that @jpage4500 provided. I reinstalled the driver, created the device and set the attributes as explained by you both.

IT WORKS!!!!! Thanks again!

@mike.morris.mcs This is no help to your RTSP issue but just a pointer. If you're posting long logs like that before posting:

• drag over/highlight all of the log text
  • click the gear wheel icon at the top right of the preview window
  • click hide details

That will nest all of the logs so that someone just browsing the thread doesn't need to scroll past all of the text if they don't need to, but they can just click the plus to expand it:

Summary

highlight the text
click gear icon
click hide details
text gets hidden
etc, etc

By the way did you confirm that your RTSP video stream works normally in the RTSP Demo app that Joe linked?

3 Likes

I haven't been able to add the APK. Most sites say to use Linux dev, but that won't load due to not having enough memory. I was able to load VLC, and that streams the camera without any problem

Moving to another camera (older), it works using the web tile and connects on port 80 to MJPG on the camera

But using the Video tile, I get an Error opening 172.20.1.111 no matter which driver I use. The camera is set not to require login.

Is there any way you can add the ability to sort/order folders similar to the top level?

I have a series of tiles displaying multiple custom attributes. In some cases, the small lower right data field gets in the way of the data I am trying to display, making the tile look cluttered. How can I hide the small data field from the tile?

I'll hide the status details when there's multiple fields displayed in a 1x1 tile

1 Like

Just today I started using this App and it is amazing.
The majority of the apps on my android are from F-droid; and for the apps I need from the google play store I have a separate profile.
I was wondering if you could add your App to the F-droid repository and have it without trackers?

Just scroll to the top of this thread and download the apk directly. You can than update the app inside the app itself.

1 Like

Thank you, will do that