[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thank you both for your help/time! When I looked at your screencap @Matthew I realized that my Weather device it looked a little different. I cant explain what I did but it was definitely wasn't the same as what yours displayed. I used the links that @jpage4500 provided. I reinstalled the driver, created the device and set the attributes as explained by you both.

IT WORKS!!!!! Thanks again!

@mike.morris.mcs This is no help to your RTSP issue but just a pointer. If you're posting long logs like that before posting:

• drag over/highlight all of the log text
  • click the gear wheel icon at the top right of the preview window
  • click hide details

That will nest all of the logs so that someone just browsing the thread doesn't need to scroll past all of the text if they don't need to, but they can just click the plus to expand it:

Summary

highlight the text
click gear icon
click hide details
text gets hidden
etc, etc

By the way did you confirm that your RTSP video stream works normally in the RTSP Demo app that Joe linked?

3 Likes

I haven't been able to add the APK. Most sites say to use Linux dev, but that won't load due to not having enough memory. I was able to load VLC, and that streams the camera without any problem

Moving to another camera (older), it works using the web tile and connects on port 80 to MJPG on the camera

But using the Video tile, I get an Error opening 172.20.1.111 no matter which driver I use. The camera is set not to require login.

Is there any way you can add the ability to sort/order folders similar to the top level?

I have a series of tiles displaying multiple custom attributes. In some cases, the small lower right data field gets in the way of the data I am trying to display, making the tile look cluttered. How can I hide the small data field from the tile?

I'll hide the status details when there's multiple fields displayed in a 1x1 tile

1 Like

Just today I started using this App and it is amazing.
The majority of the apps on my android are from F-droid; and for the apps I need from the google play store I have a separate profile.
I was wondering if you could add your App to the F-droid repository and have it without trackers?

Just scroll to the top of this thread and download the apk directly. You can than update the app inside the app itself.

1 Like

Thank you, will do that

Anyone else having trouble with thermostats since the last update? I've got 3 Zen thermostats that used to report whether or not my temperature change inputs were accepted with an asterisk. Now when I change the temps I immediately get an asterisk with no updates. Asterisk stays till I reboot the app.

Thanks for the great work with this app. So much easier than the native option.

Just installed the Android HD+ app.
Easy -But I think must have goofed the install a bit?
Have two Maker APIs now in the App list ?
One has the devices add ok the other is blank.
Tried to delete the Maker API with the no devices but it will not delete?
any thoughts?

I use the Crashlytics library (now called Fabric) which lets me know when the app crashes along with a stack trace and some minimal device info (ie: model, OS, memory). That's pretty valuable to me to spot and fix issues quickly.

I also use the Google Analytics library, but I don't log/track anything more than what's captured by default. I just wanted it to know how many people are using the app and I can't use Google Play for that since the app can be manually installed from the apk. If there's some simpler alternative I'd be open to using it instead.. but other than knowing how many people use the app - I'm not tracking anything

I tried and my Nest thermostat showed the asterisk (which means a device was updated) and it went away after 5 seconds. I can't think of how the asterisk wouldn't go away but if I can find some way to reproduce it I should be able to fix it.

If you're able to put the app into debug mode and reproduce it - then send me a log I might see what's causing it.

Thank you Joe for the information.
I was not implying that you are the one tracking, I meant anything that Google does behind scenes.

Just sent those debug logs.

Problem seems pretty consistent with these zen thermostats. They aren't the fastest to accept commands and never have been but your app used to handle them well. I would see the spinning arrow sometime for 20-30 seconds before getting the confirmation asterisk. Your app would handle them better than the

I just realized this changed recently. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I think I found the issue.. I was showing the asterisk when sending thermostat up/down when I made a recent change to delay sending the command for a few seconds. I wanted the user to know something was happening even though the command hadn't been sent yet. But, if the app never gets the updated state it would never hide that asterisk.

I changed it to show the 'updating' icon (spinning arrows) instead and this will get hidden if the app never gets the update

version 1.0.1924 (beta)

• hide power status for custom device type
  • fix thermostat updating bug
  • lower max buffer for ExoPlayer

Just some minor changes in this version!

This should be fixed now

This is fixed

1 Like

Thank you again @jpage4500 for the "Return to Home Screen" option, and for the entire app itself. One thing I have noticed, just never made a comment about it. The return to home actually only goes back (up) one level. If you have nested groups, and I do, after the timeout it will only go back one level and not return to the actual home screen itself. Not a major issue for me as I am really the only one to go into the nested groups, but thought you would want to know.

1 Like