[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

In the Amazon app for fire tablet, why is the color picker different requiring a hex code to be entered rather than the picker wheel?

And when Ido put in the hex code for the color I want, it does not honor it. In the below, I want the icon to be red, but the app makes it black.

This is on a fire tablet.

I've just tried it on my Fire Tablets (9th, 10th and 11th gen) and I get the colour wheel, but can put a hex code in the centre if I want.

Edit: that's on version 1.0.1624 - I'll update it and check again....

Updated to 1.0.1630 and I still get the colour wheel

Well that was a big duh. Didn't even think to see if i needed an update! That did solve it. Thanks !

1 Like

I have 2 issues setting the system up. I have 2 different samsung tablets with this program. When I hide any tiles, then go back into editing and select just some tiles to not be hidden, all tiles come back.
Second issue is an ikea plug in that doesn't respond to the on/off command, Three other ikea devices work. the following is the debug log on the hub:

dev:7152022-07-27 04:20:38.538 pm debugdescMap:[raw:catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0040 00 C119 00 00 0000 0B 01 0100, profileId:0104, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:C119, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:0B, direction:01, data:[01, 00]]

dev:7152022-07-27 04:20:38.492 pm traceon() called..

The dashboard then times out.
Any advice would be appreciated

@mrmike Somewhere in this thread there's some information about how to submit the data for the device that you're having issues with (I can't locate it) but from memory:

• go into maker api and click 'Get All Devices With Full Details' - select all and copy
  • go to https://jsonformatter.org and paste into the left panel
  • click 'Format/Beautify'
  • scroll through and find the information for the specific device that's not working and send that section to Joe (joe.page.software@gmail.com) as he may be able to add support
1 Like

version 1.0.1642 (beta)

• support pull to refresh on dashboard
  • add new gametime schedule tile - for native display of GameTime device schedule
  • allow changing background of empty tile
  • don't show pressed state for empty tiles
  • misc calendar and other fixes

I added pull-to-refresh logic.. I was hesitant to do this in the past because it's sometimes too easy to accidentally activate this when just scrolling. But, what I added requires you to drag down pretty far to initiate it (the text changes to "Release to Refresh"). This replaces the previous menu item: more options -> refresh devices (NOTE: it's still there for devices w/out touchscreen).

I tried but wasn't able to get this fixed at the moment.. it's kind of a bug in that there shouldn't have even been the option to change the size of the back button at all (I'm surprised it works at all). I'll revisit though but I did remove the option to change size for the time being :frowning:

This is there.. let me know if you see any issues

I removed the touch 'reaction' but left the touch and hold -> edit logic for now just to be consistent with other tiles; it's just a quick way to edit/delete things and it seemed hard to accidentally press and hold on an area like it would with the tap only.

I added a new device type for the excellent GameTime app which will display the team's schedule in a native Android component (not an embedded WebView)

Part of my logic for doing this was trying to get the GameTime schedule to fit the entire tile and not wrap lines. The other part is just my personal desire to use native Android UI components instead of HTML (WebView) ones since the web tiles can be slow to render. In the screenshot below the top schedule is rendered as-is using the HTML device type and the bottom one is custom.

I'm not doing this by default so if you want to use this new schedule tile:

• make a copy of your gametime tile
  • edit the copy -> change device type -> gametime schedule
1 Like

Hi Joe - thanks for allowing the colour change of empty tiles - that works great.

My only thought is that perhaps by default when an empty tile is added, it should match the background colour until changed. When I've updated my app, all empty tiles have changed to match the tile colour. That's not an issue for me as I'll be changing some of them anyway. I'm just thinking that when everyone else updates their app, you're gonna hear 'hey what the hell happened to my dash' and I'll be getting the blame for suggesting that change!

Edit: an easy fix for those affected will just be to long press one empty tile and change the colour for 'all empty tiles' to put it back how it was.

rats, that wasn't the intent.. In my testing any new empty tiles had a clear/transparent background. If I can fix this I will.. by default I would want any empty tile to be clear

1 Like

Aren't they already clear? I use 100% transparency so I guess I don't know.

They are yes - I was worried this update changes them to some other/solid color by default.

When I've updated my app, all empty tiles have changed to match the tile colour

That probably explains it. My background is black and most tiles are mid grey (with a different brighter colour for app shortcuts and folders along the bottom row). Following the update the empty tiles appear the same colour as the surrounding tiles - mid grey, rather than the background colour - black.

If you have transparency set to 100% then the change would be unnoticeable. In Settings > Background I've set 255 (0% tile transparency?) so all empty tiles have appeared mid grey.

That's all fine BTW. I was just trying to work out how the empty tile colour default would affect users existing dashboards after the update is ran. I'm guessing it would depend on what the transparency slider in Background is set to. My original point was (I think?) that if the default empty tile colour was to match the background colour, then the update would not have altered any existing dashboard regardless of what the transparency slider was set to.

Yeah, that sounds like a bug.. the empty tile should by default show the background (image/color). I'll see if I can figure out a fix for anyone who updates (without losing the ability to change the color)

I'll test this but can you tell me what version of the app you're running? I made some changes to the 'manage hidden devices' dialog not too long ago to fix some issues like this.

Second issue is an ikea plug in that doesn't respond to the on/off command, Three other ikea devices work. the following is the debug log on the hub:

Are you able to turn the plug on/off using the Hubitat's webpage? Assuming that works - are you using the on/off commands or some other commands? I believe that's what the app is calling (device type switch -> on/off)

Hi Jeff. I have been using your great app for a few months now, on my Am Fire HD10, and it has been working great.
I update to 1.0.1630 a couple of days ago, and the app is crashing now.
I have tried different settings for screensaver/wake on off motion triggered, and nothing seems to work.
I haven't caught it yet, but I did try and look at the log and the log doesn't have any history, only a few lines of when I restart the dashboard.
Is this a problem with the Fire tablets, or do I need to do something else?

Hi Joe,

This app is great! Thank you for all your great work to make this a winner! I have a question. I created a tile (the one titled "We're home") in which the tile's "icon" is the title of the tile. For the life of me I can't figure out how I did it! If I make a copy of it, the copy shows as a regular button. How can I create more tiles like this? I've tried everything in the edit, tried selecting different icons, etc. No luck. The icon that shows in the Manage Button option is the left hand one in the 3rd row down in the Built-in images. But if I select that for any of the other buttons, I don't get the same results as the "We're Home" tile. Weird. See attached screenshot.

Thanks!

Alex

@jpage4500 Joe, I've found a little anomaly with video tiles when editing them. This is more a peculiarity than anything else but thought I'd highlight it in case you were unaware. I'm showing one of my CCTV cameras on each dashboard. I have a raspberry pi used a server that connects to the RTSP streams of my 9 cameras and re serves them as unauthenticated mjpeg streams.

My video tile points to camera 2 at http://192.168.0.110:8082 and all works fine. The image is displayed and tapping the image brings it up full screen. The issue happens when I edit that tile to show a different stream. To replicate the bug - method 1:

• Long press the tile > edit
  • Edit the URL to show a different camera (in my case camera 3 http://192.168.0.110:8083)
  • Close the edit window and return to the normal view

The dashboard continues to display the previous live feed (in real time not frozen), overlaid with 'Connecting to http://192.168.0.110:8083'. Clicking that tile does bring up the new (correct) feed full screen, but exiting the full screen view restores the old one again overlaid with 'connecting to....'

To replicate the bug method 2:

• Swipe right > edit mode
  • Select the video tile
  • Edit the URL to show a different camera (in my case camera 3 http://192.168.0.110:8083)
  • Close the edit window and click 'done editing' to return to normal view

The dashboard continues to display the previous live feed (in real time not frozen), however this time without a 'connecting to....' overlay. Clicking that tile does bring up the new (correct) feed full screen, but exiting the full screen view restores the old one again.

Doing a refresh doesn't correct it. Exiting the app and reopening it brings up the correct video feed.

i have version 1.0.1606 on both tablets. The switch is set for on/off commands. I have a http shortcut on my phone for that switch with an on/off command. It's funny the other ikea plugs work, just not this one. I might have to change some plugs around.

Firmware update?

I got this from google play. I reset the 1 tablet, as for some reason, trying to uninstall the app crashed the play app. once reset, I installed the dashboard again, but the firmware is the same, as are the issues. I'll see if I can find out how to update the firmware

Sorry about that - I only see a couple of crashes logged so not sure if one of those is your issue or not. Does the app crash on start every time or after you do a certain action that you can reproduce?

I did try and look at the log and the log doesn't have any history, only a few lines of when I restart the dashboard

If you don't see anything or much in the Event log, try changing to the "Device Log (all)". This will include not only what the app is logging but additional data from some of the libraries used and sometimes can help. If you do see something interesting and want to send it to me I can try to diagnose too

Is this a problem with the Fire tablets, or do I need to do something else?

I have 2 Fire tablets that are always on.. however I did replace the FireOS so I guess they're not exactly out of the box 'fire tablets' anymore :frowning: I really should pick up a Fire tablet on sale just to have on hand for testing.

Anyway, my goal is for the app to work well on these devices as they seem like the perfect devices to mount to a wall and keep running all day