[RELEASE] Geofency Presence

2 Likes

I've just gone through this with both regular geofencing and ibeacon support so reach out here or wherever if you have questions. The integration works flawlessly... geofency... works most of the time!

1 Like

Ok - I think I have it working correctly with 2 users and 2 locations. The only thing I can’t figure out is how to name the different locations within Geofency, one for each user. Or am I doing something wrong?

If the two locations are, in fact, the same location, I don't think you need to name them differently. The user name is passed via the web hook to HE. All you need is two presence sensors, one for each user.

They are two different locations, with two users each. It works without changing the name, it is just difficult to tell them apart.

I finally got the connections. Rename location to track on Geofency device and rename location in Geofency app.

What did you configure and how to make this work. In my instance, I created Geofency-Phone as my "user", the trigger device. For locations I created GeoFency-Home (via GPS) and GeoFency-Beacon (for my iBeacon at home.)

In your example you have the device GeoFency-Jim which says the location to track is BeachyJim (which I see in your GeoFency app.) For User to Track you have Jim --- where did that come from?

I think I understand now... took me a few to understand that I needed the webhook URL from the USER in each of the GeoFency entries in the iOS GeoFency app.

I am trying to enable this application on my HE system. I seem to be doing something wrong, when I test from the webhook config in geofency I'm getting an oauth error. When I test the URL in a browser I'm also getting an invalid token error. What did I do wrong here? Thanks!

If you installed manually, did you click oauth? (Step 4 in manual install).

1 Like

Hi, I installed via HPM.

Is there any way to rename this app in the installed app list? I have multiple locations set up (which requires multiple apps) so I just have multiple entries for "Geofency Multi-User API Presence App" and would love to rename it (I'm OCD about naming conventions and identification).

PS - Best geofencing app for Hubitat! I needed something with a bigger geo fencing radius and all the other choices were just not large enough of an area. I want do things when I'm "out of town" such as HVAC, lights, locks etc to shutdown and turn off the entire home. With other apps this gets triggered while in town just going a few miles away. Also this allows me to subsequently control leaving my home with different "light" actions too since I have 2 geofences.

I have multiple people and locations on one app. Trying to figure out why you’d need more than one.

1 Like

I have multiple people and locations on one app. Trying to figure out why you’d need more than one.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought each app deployment was tied to one device (even though I did see the multi-select). But rather when the webhook is called you are matching the response variable with the location name on the list of devices selected.

I consolidated everything to a single app and it's working great.

Thanks again! Best geofence app integration for Hubitat :smile:

Excellent. It’s hard to explain and sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words. Glad it’s working for you! I use it much like you and have different regions to do different things (if I’m walking, I don’t want to lower the AC).

Also I have multiple hubs representing multiple locations and need geofencing for all locations. This along with the large radius had no solutions until now.

I previously saw this thread with no solution. I've tried everything then finally search for geo on the community and found this thread and gave it a shot. Glad I did. Thanks again.

hello @brad5 I followed @brianwilson (thanks by the way awesome integration) instructions everything is working as expected when I perform the "test connection entry" Enter/Exit but I'm having the same issue with the iPhone App not sending updates as I enter or leave my home (the location I'm monitoring).

How you got your Geofency app working?

(not using iBeacon only the iPhone app)

Edit: got Geofency working after uninstalling and installing the app again

Anyone on iOS 16 notice a significantly smaller minimum radius? The app has a not changed its 50m min. radius and that's what I have set. It now triggers much faster. Owntrack too.

thank you for your work here, got it working very easily.

I don't think the Geofency app is working for me. I got the proper URL (tried it in a browser and got the proper response), and put that same URL into the Webhook settings in the iOS app. I tap "Enter" or "Exit" in Geofency and as far as I can tell, nothing gets registered in Hubitat. I'm looking at my Geofency virtual device, and can't spot any updates/changes when I tap in the Geofency app.

Any ideas?