[RELEASE] GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Dimmer Component Driver

Plan on rolling this into hpm?

I probably should at some point. Every time I look at the instructions for that I end up not wanting to spend the time making manifests, etc.

One of these days.

Cool...another device I have to want to buy... :wink:

These are great in bathrooms, laundry rooms, around doors, etc... Got to toss a bunch of battery powered motion sensors in the junk drawer.

3 Likes

Come on, hop on it! What do you think we're paying you for???

Oh. Wait. Darn, I guess we're not. :frowning:

Bro--this is pretty cool! Thanks! It took a few rule changes, but it's cool to have all the settings available AND to have the functions split into devices so you can have more sensible names.

A few questions:

1. I guess you can't edit the "Device Name" field, only the "Device Label" in the children? Any idea why that is?

2. When does it load/refresh the "Current States" list on the parent?

3. I don't see any "refresh" button on the parent. Is that intentional?

4. I assume the "Device Watchdog" should point only to the parent?

5. When I point to the "Dimmer" child on the dashboard, the dashboard throws a big question mark icon up instead of a bulb--but it seems to be happy pointing to the parent. And, I can't turn it on/off regardless of where I point (but the child does adjust the dimmer). Recommendations? Or is it time to call the exterminator? :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

He has written a command line tool to create the manifest for you just in case you weren't aware.

A small little tool called Hubitat Package Manager Tools has been provided which assists in the creation of these files. On Windows simply run the hpm.exe --help to get help, and on MacOS and Linux run ./hpm --help

• 1.2.0 (0830/2020) - Made some states attributes, added refresh capability to parent
2 Likes
  • 1.2.1 (08/30/2020) - Fixed Updated() not working correctly
2 Likes
  • 1.2.2 (08/31/2020) - Fixed attributes not populating correctly on install
3 Likes

Are you sure you did the commit? 1.2.1 gets pulled in by the import link.

Edit: seems to work now, may have been a browser cache issue.

Hopefully the last update for a while... I thought I had the events correct in v1.0, but notice I'm getting duplicate on/off events. This change fixes that, and hopefully doesn't create a new issue....

• 1.2.3 (09/01/2020) - Fixed redundant on/off events
1 Like

@JasonJoel Thanks for all the work and releasing these custom drivers to the community. Am I correct in assuming this switch will not accept double tap functionality (regardless of driver used). Do you know of any zwave plus dimmer switches with motion that accept a double-tap? Thanks.

Correct. The hardware doesn't support it. Someone could, like some ST users did, add it in the driver at the software level. But I'm not going to, as it doesn't work well/reliably in my experience.

No.

Thanks for the prompt reply. On another note, I have a Ge/Jasco zwave plus switch at the top of my stairs and a GE/Jasco Add-On switch at the bottom of my stairs. This is the setup for the 3-way that controls my stairwell light. I would like to program the add-on switch at the bottom of the stairs for doubletap, but since it is an add-on switch this does not work.

To resolve this, I am thinking of replacing the add on switch, with a regular zwave plus Ge/Jasco switch (I have a few extras lying around). I would have the HE hub control the 3-way functionality required for the stairwell and then I would also have the double tap functionality I want.

Is this something that is possible? Is it a good idea? Are there special steps you know of that should be followed if going this route with these switches?

Thanks for you help.

A well positioned motion sensor seems like a better option.

Technically, that's doable.

Realistically, it is likely to be more satisfying if you've got an on/off switch than a dimmer.

AND, there maybe very noticeable delays in the reaction of the light to the non-load bearing switch.

Thing might work slightly better if you're able to have the "dummy" switch send commands via association group (if that will work for your devices) as that is a direct "device to device" command and doesn't require processing on the hub.

Are you sure that your "Double Tap" actions aren't working on those aux switches? I thought on the latest version of the GE/Jasco ones it did.

Not what I am after, the only motion sensors (inside my house) are embedded in light switches. I would like to keep it that way. The problem I have at the bottom of my stairs is I have two switches, the first is the GE/Jasco motion dimmer and the second is a Ge/Jasco add-on for my stairs 3-way. I would like doubletap functionality at this location, so I am trying to find a way of doing this.

Thanks, I should double confirm the double tap on the add-on doesn't work. I thought it didn't but I may be mistaken. That would easily solve my problem, I will check this weekend.

If double-tap doesn't work, can you swap the 3-way so the main switch is where you want the double tap?

• 1.2.4 (10/17/2020) - Added actuator capability so custom commands can be used in rule machine
2 Likes