[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW3010 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

Note that there are now in-box drivers for this device as well. :+1:

@JasonJoel have you had any problems with the new 2nd gen enbrighten dimmers not being able to dim LEDs? I've now had to uninstall several of the 2nd gen and replace them with 1st gen dimmers, because they just made the LEDs flicker terribly. I saw from the Amazon reviews and some google searches that other people have had the same issue, but Jasco has been unresponsive.

Weirdly, I do have a couple 2nd gen dimmers that are doing fine with the exact same LED lights. But I realized that the common factor is that the 2nd gen dimmers that were working were all hooked up to 4 or more LED can lights. The ones that flickered were hooked up to 1-3 LED can lights. So maybe they have problems with smaller loads?

Anyway, it's frustrating because I otherwise really like the 2nd gen ones. The firmware has more options, and the shallower depth helps the install quite a bit.

I only have a few of the newest ZW3010 dimmers, but they seem to work on all of the LEDs I have them on. So no, I haven't seen that as of yet.

Uploaded v.1.4.0.

NOTE This version has a breaking change if you use double tap / triple tap. Because I added single tap button events, I had to re-number the buttons.

Previous versions: Double Up/Down = Buttons 1/2. Triple Up/Down = Buttons 3/4.
This and future versions: Single Up/Down = Buttons 1/2. Double Up/Down = Buttons 3/4. Triple Up/Down = Buttons 5/6.

1.4.0 (02/07/2020) - Added pushed, held, and released capability. Required renumbering the buttons. Now 1/2=Up/Down, 3/4=Double Up/Down, 5/6=Triple Up/Down

Uploaded v.1.4.1

• 1.4.1 (02/07/2020) - Added doubleTapped events and added doubleTap capability. Now users can use button 3/4 for double tap or the system "doubleTapped" events.
  • 1.5.0 (05/17/2020) - Added associations and inverted paddle options

As I don't use associations, that code is essentially untested. however, since I pulled it from another one of my drivers, and I believe it is working there, it "should" work.

Format for associations is a comma separated list of HEX id #s.

1 Like

Does this same driver work for the GE zigbee versions as well?

Nope. Only the new enbrighten versions, as they changed how button reporting works in the new models.

I've published other drivers on here for the non-Enbrighten devices though.

Example:

NOTE, I will get a new version of the driver posted soon that will be for 2.2.3 and newer and supports S2.

• The current driver 1.5.0 does not support S2 paired devices.
  • The upcoming new driver 2.0.0 will only work on hub at release 2.2.3 or newer, but will support S2
2 Likes

2.0.0 (08/07/2020) - Added S2 capability for Hubitat 2.2.3 and newer

• 2.1.0 (08/20/2020) - Fixed some command version issues
  • 2.2.0 (08/29/2020) - Added number of button config to configure

Hi, I have a question that I, hopefully, have not missed previously in this thread.

One of the things I would like to do is adjust the ramp rate of the dimmer. i.e. instead of dimming up or down slowly, I would like to have it instantaneous.

I have the settings "Adjust the speed at which the ramps to a specific value" set to Fast.

I've noticed that if I turn on and off the Dimmer via the Hubitat Device View that it's instantaneous. It's also noticed in the logs as [Digital]. If I use the off and on button at the dimmer it ramps up and down slowly (and shows [physical]).

Is there any way to have the physical act the same as digital in terms of ramp rate of the dimmer?

Thanks for the help

Not that I know of, but I admit I've never really thought about it / tried anything specific there.

Thanks. It seemed strange to me that it would work differently digital vs physical. I can always map, via a rule, a double click up to instant on but I'd rather have the simple up/down for the rest of the family that won't remember.

Well when you do a digital OFF, it doesn't send an "off" - it sends a "set level" of 0%. And a "set level" with no duration specified="instant".

So indeed a physical OFF and digital OFF are doing two completely different things under the hood.

I could probably make a digital OFF do the same thing as a physical OFF, but I've never tried (or wanted to).

Thanks. That makes sense.

For my use case, I would rather the physical to do the same as the digital. Not sure if that's possible.

i.e.
Physical on: set level to previous level with no duration
Physical off: set level to 0% with no duration

Don't think it is possible without making the manual physical dimming speed useless, but I'll think on it.

If you are OK with not being able to dim from the physical switch, it might be able to be can likely be done by adjusting the manual dimming steps.

Yeah, I think I would like to keep that. I'm assuming that the setting, "Turn your dimmer into an On/Off switch" would do that as well, correct or does that take away all dimming, even from the Hubitat Device page?

With that said, I don't actually need "dimming speed" but the ability to dim.

Edit: I did change it to "Turn your dimmer into an On/Off switch" = True. This does work instantaneous but as suspected you don't have the ability to adjust the dimming level from the dimmer itself. You can adjust it from the Hubitat device page but when you turn it off and turn it back on it does not remember the last dimming state, which makes sense.

1 Like

Correct. That only removes local/physical dimming. Digital dimming still works with that option on.

Is there any way to override the physical button and have it look to Rule Machine for "Button 1 Pressed" or will it always do the Physical button press?

I guess I'm asking if it can be used as a dummy switch for on/off while maintaining hold for dimming up and down.