[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW3010 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

Nope. That one I know for sure you can't do.

Need an inovelli or zooz switch if you want to be able to disable local load operation via switch.

Ok. Thanks. I appreciate the help.

I'm going to look at the Zwave configuration parameters and see if something I can adjust on there will change it. I saw something about Parameter 8 and the dimming steps I'll investigate.

Thank you

@JasonJoel I found a previous post that you were involved in that might be what I'm looking for. I just have to figure out how to get it to work.

I tried using the Basic Z-Wave tool but I'm not sure if it works anymore. Trying to tinker.

Well, there are only 3 sets of zwave speed parameters, and I don't think any of them ONLY work on the physical on/off.

1. zwave/digital dimming speed
  2. physical dimming speed
  3. all on/all off - now... This is supposed to specifically be what happens when it gets an "All ON" or "All OFF" zwave command (which hubitat doesn't even use). But maybe there is a chance that that applies to physical on/off. I doubt it, but I admit I haven't fiddled with that set of parameters much.

From what I can tell, and I only just started reading the other day for this question, the GE Enbrighten Dimmer (46203/ZW3010) does not have the same list of commands that the previous dimmer has (14294/ZW3005)

i.e. From the commands list HERE it looks like it only has these commands able to be set (and I see you setting them in your driver)

• 3: Adjust the LED status to default, invert, always OFF or always ON
  • 6: Adjust the speed at which the ramps to a specific value other than 0 and FF
  • 16: Turn your dimmer into an On/Off switch with switch mode
  • 19: Never accidentally remove a device during with alternate exclusion
  • 30: Set the minimum dimmer threshold
  • 31: Set the brightness threshold
  • 32: Set the default brightness level that the dimmer will turn on when being controlled manually

The 14294/ZW3005 commands seem to be different in that they do in-fact look like they adjust physical/digital/All On-Off

• 3: LED Light
  • 4: Invert Switch
  • 7: [Digital] Dim Rate Adjustments : Levels
  • 8: [Digital] Dim Rae Adjustments : Steps
  • 9: [Physical] Dim Rate Adjustments : Steps
  • 10: [Physical] Dim Rate Adjustments : Steps
  • 11: [All On/Off] Number of Steps or Levels
  • 12: [All On/Off] Timings of Steps

Would you agree with this? It seems like I might be chasing my tail here if the command aren't even available to be set.

Thanks

You could use this to set the parameters as you want:

Thanks, that's what I was using to set parameters. Super useful! However, I don't think the parameter is there on the 46203/ZW3010 Dimmers to even set.

The parameters are there in the enbrighten version too, if I remember correctly.

I didn't add them to this driver though, as I wasn't sure at the time.

Changed then with three basic z wave tool driver and let me know. If they work I'll add them to the driver.

I tried to change them and they did nothing. Of course, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I was using the Basic Z-Wave tool to set the parameter and then checking to see if it made a difference AND doing a 'Get Parameter Report' and nothing seemed to change.

If the commands are available, wouldn't they show up here though as something that is available or are these docs not complete?

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3323/configs

The zwave alliance documentation is often not 100% correct for all devices.

I'll take a look this weekend if I get time. I have 3 if these dimmers on my dev systems right now.

Maybe they removed those settings, but I thought I looked at this once before... Could be remembering incorrectly though.

Thank you. I'll keep playing around as well. Maybe I did something wrong and I need to try it again.

Well, I did one more test using the Basic Z-Wave tool to set parameters:

• Parameter 6 - Changed to 6:1:1 - This showed up in the log as set correctly
    ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:6, size:1, value:1
  • Parameter 9 - Changed to 9:1:12 (and several other numbers) - Stayed the same. No change. Still reporting zero
    ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:9, size:1, value:0
  • Parameter 10 - Changed to 10:1:15 - Stayed the same. No change. . Still reporting zero
    ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:10, size:1, value:0

If you get some time then great! Either way, thanks for your help.

Thanks again for this driver @JasonJoel ...replaced a switch w/a dimmer today, and set it to work as a switch using your driver. Works perfectly, it very nice to only buy dimmers and use them as needed w/both dimmable and non-dimmable lighting. Excellent.

1 Like

Surprised I didn't find this mentioned in here: will this driver work with the new Honeywell Jasco dimmers as well, or are the z wave instructions somehow different?

I'm getting ready to move, and my last two places I've used GE dimmers. Have never had a single one fail and like the look, so plan on sticking with Jasco, but Honeywell is a good deal more affordable. But if I can't use your excellent custom driver...not an option!

I assume the auto load detect Honeywell are the equivalent to the Enbrighten GEs.

1 Like

yes, if by new Honeywell ones you mean the quick fit ones.

I use the driver with the Honeywell ones I got from Costco.

4 Likes

Same...best driver ever.

3 Likes
  • 2.3.0 (12/15/2020) - Added state for defaultDimmerLevel
2 Likes

After looking, I am not finding a link to the driver for the older ZW3005. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this driver does not update on/off state when switched digitally without pressing the refresh button.

Link below, or use Hubitat Package Manager.

Switch:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Switch/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Switch.groovy

Dimmer:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer.groovy

Yes. If you haven't used that, it is hands down one of the best community apps. Behind JasonJoels drivers that is. :laughing:

But seriously, try it. [BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

2 Likes

I was searching HPM with JasonJoel and not your actual name. All working now, thanks for the work you put into this!!

2 Likes