[Release] Garage Door Opener App - LGK Virtual Garage Door

Yes, the “Door Operation Check Timeout” feature is there for those situations you mention.

yea, I have that set.. I am looking at both the sensor and the door.. the door shows closed.. the sensor changed about 3 seconds after.

just to make sure I got it right

Swich/relay is my Zwave dry switch
Sensor is - my Contact sensor.

the Virtual Garage door, and door sensor are the the same "Virtual Garage Door Controller"

and its set to 30 seconds.

I don’t use a tilt sensor, I found them unreliable, instead I use a heavy duty door sensor.

Possible. but thats a moot issue, my Tilt sensor is working, and I can visually confirm the door is open or closed, and the sensor reports exactly what I am seeing. but if the sensor shows open because the obstruction blocked the garage and it returned to open. the app shows the door somehow is closed.

Ok, that is odd. I’d suggest trying something like the Fibaro Smart Implant, it’s a better solution for controlling garage doors and can be mounted directly to the motor and be powered by it.

It also offers a staggering amount of control over all the key items. Eg

Btw, if your door is getting stuck but everything mechanically checks out, have you tried turning up the “force” option in your motor?

Perhaps I am misunderstood.

I did a test. just to make sure that all Scenario are working.

I use the app to close the garage. I blocked the garage on perpose so it would auto retract back up.

example. if a kid left his toy, and the garage closed, and hit the toy, it would automatically detect the toy, and go back up. this is a safety feature built into all garage doors since prob the 1980's?

with that being said, the contact sensor or tilt sensor would obviously tell me the door is still open. but the App insists that the door is closed.

when I close the door with the app, it shows within seconds that the tile is green and door is closed, but the contact sensor has yet to register.

possibly i am being impatient, and have to wait a little longer and it will go back from green to red.

I will have to test that tomorrow when I can.

Hmm, ok I think I get what you are saying.

Try reducing the time out from 30 to 15 seconds and and see if that makes a difference? It’s never going to be instant, but a shorter timeout might help.

The one thing I wish this application could do is be able to flash lights or play sound as it closes. Other than that, the application works pretty good. I'm settled for 20 seconds before the door is determined to be closed.

Hey whatta want for free. I could add a light to flaah pretty easily

1 Like

Yeah, just some sort of automation notification that the door is closing. This is one of the big things when I switched over from MyQ. Just something where if it's an automated close, it notifies that it's going to close in a certain period of time. I did cobble something together but it's not graceful and it doesn't work under all conditions.

what would the parameters be.. blink on/of time? and number of blinks before starting to close

assume you dont need it for open?

Exactly, only for closing blink 4 or 5 times then start to close.

ok send donation to kahn@lgk.co paypal :wink:

new version in git hub and package manager with following options.. it only kicks in if you use close from the virtual door not the actual relay.. also make sure to increase your timeout check based on how many light flashes and delays between each.

1 Like

Nice, what’s next, making a siren device beep? :wink:

Send me one. I dont have.one to test in the garage. I never implemented this as i dont like the feature in my dedicated openers anyway. It annoys me.

1 Like

I was joking, I’d find it annoying too.

2 Likes

I haven't tried or installed it yet. However, Thank you! I have sent my thank you to you. :wink:
I'd rather not do it. however, I have a single door for a two car garage. This does help prevent mishaps from occurring. Thank you!

1 Like

I got to trying this out. I'm getting a very small list of lights/switches. If you could select more then one would be good too.

The list is only list a few and not the one I need.

Thanks again for this.

What kind of light is it. It should have the co
Capability light

The device in this case is
However, it doesn't detect most of the switches including virtual.