[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

I'm struggling to get Follow Me to go active on 'away'. I want messages to follow me to my cell phone when I'm away. As I drive off from my home, using Virtual Presence + my home goes into lockdown and I get notifications from Alexa and HSM that I'm now away. So all that works flawless.
I added a 'Follow Me - Away' child with Presence Sensor 1 set and push device to Twilio. I get 'waiting for data' and no updates if I go away or return.

Originally I just added a 6th Child and point to the Follow Me - Jim but the Child never shows in the dashboard tile. So I thought maybe this was a 5 child maximum problem - but that wasn't it.
What can I be doing wrong?

Just adding some info here in things I've tried and progress made. There is a reference to '5 childs' so I added a second parent. This didn't work well for me - I think they step on each other.
I hacked the code for testing and added the ability for 2 more children. That helped alot.
Now I'm still having problems with While Away, I want the follow me to always be active - currently it has a timer - is there an infinite setting? can I put 0 as the time value so it doesn't release?
The presence detector, I can't determine how I set a 'not'. I'd like to tie the child to 'not present' to trigger active... is that possible?
(another update - )
I can detect I'm home, just not away - but barring that, has anyone every connected Follow Me to their Android Phone Alexa app to speak?

Hey Bryan, I've been using the Follow Me driver for a long time, just to put TTS announcements on my dashboards around the house. Always helps when somebody says, "What'd he say?". I've noticed recently that there are entries in the dashboard that just have the date and time, per usual, and then "Speak:" (that's it) where the text is usually. I'm trying to troubleshoot to figure out what is triggering this.

When I go the device log for the Follow Me device, I see this
whatDidISayCount 636 DEVICE 2021-10-02 08:49:32.807 AM CDT
bpt-whatDidISay 10-2 08:49 AM - Speak:

10-1 11:51 PM - Speak:
10-1 10:43 PM - An automobile is moving on our hardscaping
10-1 10:43 PM - A car is moving on the driveway
10-1 09:38 PM - Speak:
10-1 09:35 PM - Speak:
10-1 06:46 PM - The doggie door has been locked because it has gotten dark outside.
10-1 06:44 PM - A car is moving on the driveway
10-1 06:43 PM - The doggie door has been unlocked. It's safe to let the dogs out now.
10-1 06:25 PM - Christina Cloud hub not responding to two pings back-to-back.|||DEVICE||2021-10-02 08:49:32.805 AM CDT|
|latestMessageDateTime|Sat Oct 02 08:49:32 CDT 2021|||DEVICE||2021-10-02 08:49:32.787 AM CDT|
|latestMessage|{"method":"speak","message":"Speak: ","priority":"X:X:X","speakLevel":null,"returnLevel":null,"title":""}|||DEVICE||2021-10-02 08:49:32.785 AM CDT|

Any pointers?

Looks like that is what you sent it. :smiley:

Well yeah, for sure. The problem is, I have no idea where such a command is coming from. Any way for the driver to tell me who/what is triggering the action?

Nope. Let me think on that one and see if I can add it.

Edit: It kind of does this now but you need to catch it right away, before it speaks anything else.

You can see this in the Follow Me device attributes:

• latestMessageFrom : Event Engine
1 Like

You. Are. The. Bomb.

1 Like

I noticed my speakers weren't working, I'm on latest version of follow me and HE

As always, I need to see a real debug log from a computer (not a phone).

Please see post #1 on posting logs. :wink:

I'll try to turn debug on before the error happens next time

1 Like

Seems to be the driver - I don't have a computer at the moment, it's in the shop

I'm experiencing some strange behavior with Follow Me. I wasn't having the problem pre- 2.2.9 - seems to be related to the update but I usually learn that's not it... just trying to point - anyways.

I have a very basic rule that says the Mode on my Follow Me device when mode changes. I now get this error ... Here is the screen info from Followme.

I notice that the last message was from Game Day Live which shouldn't have been the last message last night - it should have been Mode is now Night which would have occurred around 11pm.

I attempted to change my rule which had no value for volume set - but the Say command was still not working. Thoughts?

Looks like same error I'm getting

Not enough line items in log. I can't see the data coming into the driver.

See post #1 on posting debug logs. Help me, help you.

I turned on debug in the app child and debug in the driver and ran a test. This is what I got.

this is everting and the trigger event is heighted

Bit more testing and it works OK with a message from the driver, but the error persists when RM5 sends the speaker command to the driver

Now we are getting somewhere! :wink: I don't use RM and I'm not seeing any errors in my log ( I only use Event Engine, of course! ). Let me do some testing.

Can you show me your RM setup, specifically how you have the action option setup?

Also, turn on debug in the 'follow me' device. I'm looking for a line in the debug log that starts with 'In Speak - message: xxxxxxxxxxx'.

Thanks

Edit: I'm now able to duplicate the error in RM 5.1. Hold off with the additional info.