[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

Used it last night, wife is out today shopping for a superhero costume for me.

I might have forgotten to give you any credit, @bptworld... let's just keep this between us. :wink:

2 Likes

lol, awesome! Always nice to hear when things are working.

1 Like

I'm getting these errors on latest version

Need a debug log.

Time stamp show 14:36

Which is the last run

No errors. Fixed!

the logging is all 3:22 (15:22) where as on the DW tile it is 14:36
14:36 was an hour earlier ie the scheduled run, not the manual run

edit, found issue, it might be with the tile,
so i cleaned the device data,
the tile showed a dash '-'
ran the test the tile went blank ie the dash despaired
ran it again and the run from a few minutes ago showed
it like its cutting the last runoff then it appears on the next run

Time is 17:13, but run shows 17:11

Just realised on wrong thread should be hub watchdog its been a long day

Mark, I'm really not trying to give you a hard time but I've said a hundred times... I need a debug log, not just the error. It's even in the 1st post of every thread.

I need to know what it was trying to do when the error pops up. I would love to fix this but I need to know where to look.

As for the time post, I can't see anything on that picture. But one would be the time on the laptop and one is the time of the hub??

It sure has! (not your fault). My youngest kids first day of school, 8th grade. First 3 weeks are going to be remote (at home). NOT fun.

Go ahead and post a full log in the correct post when you can and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Noticed I wasn't getting speech notifications. Here's the first log. If you need more or different logs let me know. This is from the child app.

According to that log, the zone was off.

agreed...but I can't figure out why. As you can see the third line from the top shows the motion going "inactive" because it was active. Any way to know why the zone was off?

Another log:

A better one showing the zone going active. It's very repeatable so I can get whatever logs necessary.

Looking at the logs, it looks like your only giving yourself a 30 second window for the zone to be on. That's a very short time window for something to happen within.

Assuming also that is 2 minutes AFTER the sensors go inactive?

I've had this set like this for quite some time.

Okay, I'm stumped right now. I'll need to see more of how you have it setup, then capture a log from start to finish.

Thanks

SETUP

Summary

LOGS

Summary

Is there any other logs I'm missing? I'm just triggering a rule that speaks.

RULE

Summary

Narrowed this down...if I remove this: [N:3:0] from the speak statement...it works.

And MORE information, if I change that to this [N:3] it works fine again.

I saw some discussion about the playAnnouncement command for Echo and maybe mentioned in a release note, but Iā€™m not sure what the end result was. Is it currently in the app? I prefer the announcement style on Echo.

It's in there