[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

this is everting and the trigger event is heighted

Bit more testing and it works OK with a message from the driver, but the error persists when RM5 sends the speaker command to the driver

Now we are getting somewhere! :wink: I don't use RM and I'm not seeing any errors in my log ( I only use Event Engine, of course! ). Let me do some testing.

Can you show me your RM setup, specifically how you have the action option setup?

Also, turn on debug in the 'follow me' device. I'm looking for a line in the debug log that starts with 'In Speak - message: xxxxxxxxxxx'.

Thanks

Edit: I'm now able to duplicate the error in RM 5.1. Hold off with the additional info.

Looks like they have just released another patch 131, if it's a bug their side

//SpeechSynthesis capability.speechSynthesis
change command speak(String text, Integer volume = null, String awsPollyVoiceName = null)

So it looks like in 2.2.6, the parameters of SpeechSynthesis changed but were not required and didn't send if null

Now in 2.2.9, the volume is sending whether selected or not (it is sending a null value).

ie. - old value being sent from RM using 'speak'
This is a test

new value being sent from RM using 'speak'
if volume is selected: This is a test, 35
if no volume: This is a test, null

Seeing the two ways of sending the speak aren't compatible, it doesn't work for people that use RM5.1 and User created app/driver (using the original speak).

So now I'll need to go in and change every app that uses speech to reflect the new way. (And so will every developer that uses 'speak'.)

This will take a few days. Hold tight. :wink:

3 Likes

My hat is off to you Brian for all your creativity and effort.
But I just don't know how you and others do it as a third parties to a changing platform.

2 Likes

New version available...

Adjusted speak() to reflect the new parameters.

Grateful you went back and tuned your app for the changes in HE. I missed my Follow me!

Today, I was getting an outofbounds error, most likely from me playing with FM so I rebuilt it. I had never put a test file in before, so I added one.
I'm using a Port in my URL but it's not functioning. I get speech on my Dot in my office saying:
"I can't find file "and then a long string of hex read to me.

The URL plays fine within my local network and desktop browsers. This is my BlueIris server so it's my lazy mans way of doing file storage for icons/mp3s etc. Any thoughts?
Here's the screen location :

Please turn on debug logging for the shared 'Follow Me' device. Try again and post a screenshot of the debug log.

Thanks

Log snapshot:
My environment is 5 follow me children, all set identically as a motion detector and connected Echo device set using speech synthesis. all have a volume value set (at 100) in case any of that might matter or help - also - this maybe helpful? As to debug - there wasn't a Debug switch on the driver (I only have the 1 device using FM driver) - it was 'enable logging' - I assumed that was what you meant.

1 Like

Error after last update

1 Like

Is there anything more I can do or info to supply regarding this problem? was the debug log of any use?

Updated version on GitHub...

what's new...
Trying to fix something I can't reproduce. :wink: :man_shrugging: :upside_down_face:

what do you want from us to try and find it?

the driver just keeps making this when the driver does something. I can turn on the logs to find out when it happening.

Did you update?

yeah, i used HPM and there was a update a second ago. I just did a clear all in the driver, see what that does.

Looks like that's what is needed as well.

Made another quick change to the driver. It now tells you what I need.

1 Like

this it?