[RELEASE] Follow Me Driver

Not sure what you are asking here. It can display the 'last x messages spoken' and/or speaker status on tiles.

I want to be able to specify one tile for WDIS messages that also use TTS and a 2nd one for logging 'silent' events.

That it doesn't do. Tell me more. Maybe with some examples and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Any reason why sound files would no longer work? Used to have the MP3 files work when speaking: [N:3]this is a test

No longer plays any files. The "Test" buttons do play the sounds though. If no known issues, I'll just adapt to TTS only.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

Thanks

I am having trouble with getting color coded priority messages.

1. I created a driver as a virtual device
  2. i ran the speak command with the message: [H]this is a test
  3. the text shown in the whatDidISay attribute shows the message but it's not formatted red.

Am I missing something?

Something has changed but I haven't had time to look into it. The sound before a message isn't working either. Sorry about that. It's on the list to look in to.

Thanks

All updates can now be found here:

Was this merged into Follow Me? Is that what your last message means? I was just planning to write a driver to do this very feature and was glad to see I don't have to!

Yep. I use just for dashboard login, which is done via the drive only. If you want the speech and other stuff you can do it via app.

When I open What did I say with the Follow me driver. The screen is messed up. Current States is to the right of the screen and so is Preferences. Then after a couple seconds, the screen refreshes and it changes. Then a little data is to the right of the function boxes and no preferences.

Here is a partial picture example:

After the screen refreshes: (No preferences0.

Made a small change to driver.

Please be sure your using the latest driver. Thanks.

Had to reset all data. Everything is back to normal.

• I do notice a couple google home devices get clogged up with messages and I have to clear the Queue. My settings are to reset after 2 messages. Suggestions?

Thanks Bryan..

I'll take a look, thanks

Have you used Aarons NOAA weather app? It seems that follow me has a hard time with long messages. I have 8 Google devices. Some are triggered by motion and some are always on. Have you noticed this at all? NOAA app works fine when I select each device instead of follow me. Thoughts before I send you debug?
Thanks Bryan.

I use to.

Haven't noticed that. How long are the messages you are trying to send?

Of course it works now..

here is an example:

Summary

I couldn't find this driver/What Did I Say? on bptworld's GitHub anymore. Is this still available somewhere?

He also usually keeps his apps on his github, but seems like you didn't find it there...

Hey Bryan @bptworld, I’m still using WDIS (not sure, but I think this “existed” before it was subsumed into Follow Me sometime ago). I use it as a dashboard tile that queues recent messages for situations when, after a TTS, somebody inevitably says, “wait, what did he just say?” Works great!

Occasionally however, I get the well-known-yet-still-dreaded >1024 error. Recognizing this limit is imposed by HE at a lower level, I wonder if it’s possible to delete the oldest/earliest message(s) from queue to get back down below 1024 so the tile can still display normally.

Just about every time the >1024 condition exists it seems like it’s only 5-20 characters above the limit — which is why I was wondering if there’s some reasonably straightforward way to trap and deal with the issue at the app level? Or maybe I can whip something up in RM?

What Do You Think? (Not to be confused with What Did You Say? :wink:)