[RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

What are your New Years resolutions? If they look something like this...

1. Finally get the right temperature in the kid's room
  2. Stop hearing Aunt Edna yell about being too cold all the time
  3. NO more fighting with my teenager on the thermostat
  4. Peace and comfort throughout the whole house

... you're in luck - Flair can help you achieve these goals!

HOLIDAYPACK
Get a Flair Starter Pack (1 Puck + 1 Smart Vent) for $179-$199
HOLIDAYPUCKS
Get 2 Pucks for only $209

Both promotions qualify for free shipping!

Count down with us to welcome in the New Year, because this countdown is also for when our sale ends!

SAVE NOW

Sale Countdown Timer

Discount code not valid on professional orders.

Free shipping is available for orders shipping to the continental United States (48 states). The value of your order must be over $178 (exclusive of taxes and discounts) to qualify for free shipping. Free shipping is not available for professional orders.

Starter Pack for 4x10, 4x12 sizes are discounted to $179, 6x10, 6x12 sizes are discounted to $189, and 6x14 packs are discounted to $199.

Copyright © 2021 FLAIR, All rights reserved.

Contact us:

FLAIR

479 Jessie Street

San Francisco, CA 94103

For those of you using Flair, can you speak to their durability? Specifically, on the floor? I have a number of floor vents on my first floor, and was wondering if they are strong enough to be stepped on? Not continuously, but on the off chance?

In a similar vein, can the white exterior of the vents be replaced with ones that match my decor (like can I use my existing vent covers and use the Flair "guts"?

I'm also confused with Hubitat, Ecobee and Flair, do I NEED flair pucks?

If anyone as Flair users can help answer these questions, I'd appreciate it. It would help my purchase decision a lot.

To be clear, there is no built-in Hubitat integration for Flair. The only integration I am aware of is @yracine66's, which is a cloud integration.

And in all circumstances, you will need at least one Flair puck to control Flair vents, because the vents do not use zigbee or z-wave as their wireless protocol.

Thanks. So it sounds like it's similar to my Ecobee thermostat or Kasa plug integration.

Ecobee is cloud. Kasa is local - thanks to @djgutheinz. Ecobee can also be local if you integrate it with Home Assistant using the HomeKit controller component and then integrate HA with Hubitat.

New Release

• The new version of MyHvacUnit (v2.3) corrects the supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes attributes in order for them to be compatible with Hubitat's dashboards.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing device's code under the IDE and save.

• All Hubitat thermostat capabilities are exposed for easier integration with Rule Engines (Rule Machine, WebCore or others)

You can download the code at my store: www.ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

Regards,

I am having an odd issue with the Flair Vents and logging the vent level to InfluxDB. Looking in the Event on the Flair vent when the vent level is 0 there is a % under unit. All other levels don't have the % and looking at my Keen vents which log fine they don't have the % either. Since the data points are floating point in influxdb it fails when it's 0 because it looks like the level attribute is being set to a string of " 0" (with a leading space) rather than to "0". Any level besides 0 is fine though.

You can test it by setting the value to anything except 0 and in the Events you will see a single entry:

level 25 DEVICE My Flair Vent Upstairs Office-34ea 2023-03-03 02:48:15.894 PM EST

But if you set it to 0 you get 2 entries:

level 0 % DEVICE My Flair Vent Upstairs Office-34ea 2023-03-03 02:38:25.214 PM EST
level 0 DEVICE My Flair Vent Upstairs Office-34ea 2023-03-03 02:37:24.538 PM EST

@asfd64 Hi, I don't see the double entry in events on my side.

In any case, you can try the new version 1.3.6, hopefully, it will resolve your issue. You just need to copy and paste the new code over the existing one and save.

Regards.

Hi Yves,

I updated the driver and all the events and logging look good now. Thanks for the update!

I purchased and installed the puck code. I'm able to control the puck via the device page. I'm trying to set the Flair puck to either heat or cool mode based on whether the thermostat is heating or cooling (Honeywell T6 z-wave).

I'm trying to do this in Rule Machine. I have my trigger set as Honey thermostat 'cooling'.
Now for the action... I can't find the puck under the actions options. What should I do next to set the puck to cooling mode for the above trigger?

Hi @HomeAlone, I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with RM. I think that it should be accessible via a custom action, but I'm not sure.

Please post your question under a RM thread.

Regards

Please forgive my ignorance as I’m new to HE. How do I use your app to set the puck mode to heat or cool? I have your app fully installed and I can see the puck in my devices with live values. Thanks

Hi again, under the Flair APIs, the puck device is more a sensor than an actuator. If you want to control some window/hvac units, and switch from cool to heat mode, you'd need to contribute to MyHVACUnit bundle at my store.

I can refund you the original contribution.

Regards

I think there is some confusion about cool and heat mode here. I am not trying to control another thermostat. I am simply trying to control the cool/heat/auto option that is on the puck itself - this dictates the logic for the vents opening and closing. See screenshot attached. I am just not understanding which device command controls this option.

I did some googling. I need to control the structure heat cool mode. Where can I find this: ```
"structure-heat-cool-mode": "auto",

The /structures endpoint shows the user's main home ID, in this case, 4351. The structure object shows information such as home name, address, temperature preferences, preferred hysteresis bounds, away mode, set point mode. More importantly, this endpoint provides links to find all of the rooms, Pucks, Vents, thermostats, and minisplits associated with this home.

For third party applications, the most useful items to note are:

* name: the name of the home
* temperature-scale: whether to use Celsius "C" or Fahrenheit "F"
* home: user is home (true) or away (false)
* structure-heat-cool-mode: whether home is set to "heat" only, "cool" only, or "auto" for heat and cool
* mode: "auto" means vents and minisplits are automatically controlled, "manual" means they are manually controlled by user or API

Hi, as I wrote above, the Flair APIs are not exposed the same way as the Flair app.

The puck device is not used to set the mode to cool or heat, it's only the HvacUnit that is linked to the Puck that can do the mode change.

Regards

I’m having regrets buying this code as this doesn’t make sense. So if I buy the hvac unit code from you, WHICH COMMAND exactly will change the flair mode from auto/heat/cool. Again I will repeat that I am not trying to control an hvac thermostat, this is a flair setting as shown in the app screenshot above.

Hi, after some investigation (the structure must have been changed recently in the APIs), you can use a Rule engine, and send the following command

setStructureHeatCoolMode(value) - this is a custom action.
value can be 'heat', 'cool', and it's by default set to 'auto'
Regards.

P.S. You'd need to download the version 2.2 using the same selffy download link, copy & paste the new code, and finally save in the IDE.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

New Releases

• The new versions of MyPuckDevice (v2.3) and MyFlairVent (v1.4) are optimized to use the flair method 'current-reading' in the Flair APIs. This should improve overall performance of the drivers.

• If you are a contributor, just download the new code using the same selffy download link.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing device's code under the IDE and save.

For new users, you can download the code at my store: www.ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

Regards,

New Releases

The new versions of MyPuckDevice (v2.4.1),MyFlairVent (v1.5),MyFlairTstat (v.1.4), MyHvacUnit (v2.4) have been modified & tested in order to be called by the MakerAPI.

• If you are a contributor, just download the new code using the same selffy download link.

For new users, you can download the code at my store: www.ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

Regards,