[RELEASE] EZMultiPli - Plug-in Motion / Temp / Light Sensors + Night Light

A few people have asked about this, but the device uses the "Color Control" command class that Hubitat doesn't support. Even the new revision of this device (that came out this year) uses Color Control instead of Switch Color. So, to get it working I had to pass the Raw Z-wave commands to the Hubitat hub. For example, to change the Night Light to red:

cmds << new hubitat.device.HubAction("33060002FF", hubitat.device.Protocol.ZWAVE)
cmds << new hubitat.device.HubAction("330702", hubitat.device.Protocol.ZWAVE)

Anyway, a lot of the code was originally created by an Express Controls employee (I believe) for SmartThings and I made a few bug fixes and enhancements in 2015 & 2016.

https://github.com/erocm123/Hubitat/blob/master/Drivers/ezmultipli.src/ezmultipli.groovy

5 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I was in the middle of altering the ST DTH and was having massive problems with the colors. Some googling led me to this and everything is working great. I appreciate you work!

1 Like

has anyone got the - temp offset to work? I keep getting this error when I try to enter a - value

errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-" on line 370 (updated)

It seems like the platform isn't accepting negative values with this particular Z-Wave command. Hey @mike.maxwell, when sending a negative value using scaledConfigurationValue, it is returning the following error:

errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-" on line 370 (updated)

The error says 0-, even though the data is in the format -1, -2, -3, etc.

1 Like

I've made an issue for it.

2 Likes

Did this make this update?

Im gonna say no. Looks like the error still happens with negative numbers

correct, didn't make it into 2.1.0, shooting for 2.1.1

2 Likes

thanks Mike....

ok, this will be fixed in platform 2.1.1

1 Like

Probably should have posted this here.

Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't, but do you have a robot vacuum? I've had mine set off motion sensors before.

I have four of them and motion seems solid to me.

I do, but it wasn't running at the time. I was actually awake when this one sensed motion but everyone was in the same room no where near the sensor.

finally got it to pair but the light is not working nor temp just reports motion

Weird, do you get any errors? Is it on the C7?

I have 4 of them but I'm using the C3.

I excluded it an readded it seems th think its working better got motion and temp but thinks its already on when it is not and i try to turn the light on.. I therefore thought maybe the color so I trieed setting hue color etc in the device panel and i get this error in the logs

I thought maybe the color is not working through the device panel so tried an automation on motion
still not working

dev:2902020-08-13 12:32:03.177 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_EZmultiPli_fix_481.setHue() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [100] Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String) (setHue)

dev:2902020-08-13 12:31:59.084 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_EZmultiPli_fix_481.setSaturation() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [100] (setSaturation)

dev:2902020-08-13 12:31:58.283 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_EZmultiPli_fix_481.setHue() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [88] Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String) (setHue)

dev:2902020-08-13 12:31:57.451 am debugsetColor() : [saturation:86, hue:82, level:89]

it looks like there is no switch capability should witch or on of show up on the right as one of the current states it should be either on or off not nothing?

Current States

• checkInterval : 7320
  • color : #ff00ff
  • illuminance : 0
  • motion : active
  • temperature : 74.5

Which hub do you have (C-3, C-5, or C-7)? I haven't tested the device on a C-7 so I wonder if that is the problem.

c7 i have given up on it for now.. even with latest firmware.. now i excluded it and cannot even get it to pair again.. i think it had pretty old firmware if i remember like 2.2 or something.. i have ordered a newer one .. i like using them in places as night lights with motion alll in one.

I did update the driver with c-7 support (although I haven't tested it).

When you include it does it ask for which security level to use? S0, S2, etc?

If so, what level are you choosing?