[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

One of my cogs stopped working yesterday ...

Here is the log

Any idea what changed? I updated to 2.3.1 last week. When I first noticed this error I was still on a previous version of Event engine. I updated it yesterday morning, and still had this error this morning.

Try the new version. I've made a ton of changes since 3.5.4. If it still throws the error, I'll need a debug log.

Thanks

3.5.5 - 03/27/22 - Lots of 'Refactoring'

1 Like

Hi @yannick00000 , How do you achieve pool backwash?
Thanks in advance

I read the pump amperage using a GE zwave 40amp switch. This gives me a amp reading that I scale from dirty to clean (was using the fancy gauge feature of Hubigraph but it's no longer supported, I need to find something else). I have a notification telling me that a backwash is needed (homeseer dimmer leds flash). I don't have a fancy automated pool valve so when i'm ready, I hit a backwash button on my dashboard and that starts the sequence by shutting off the pump, Hubitat counts 20 seconds giving me time to empty the pump strainer. Then I move the pool valve to backwash, Hubitat runs the pump for 2 minutes then stops, giving me 10 seconds to move the pump handle to rince. After a 10 second rinse. The pumps stops for 60 seconds and I place the handle to "filter" after the sand has settled then restarts the pump.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have homework to do. Will be doing some testing this weekend, adjusting to my own equipment.

Hi again,

I'm having problems when switching a bulb or LED strip from RGB mode to CT mode. If the bulb is already in CT mode and I have a cog fire that sets it to particular temp and level, everything works fine. Reverses fine also.

However if the the bulb is in RGB mode at the time the cog fires, the bulb remains unchanged.

I've experienced this with both my Sengled RGBW zigbee bulbs and Gledopto zigbee RGBCCT 1ID controller.

This cog is supposed to set "Cabinet Lights" to 8000K 99% when "Kitchen Lights" turn on:

Thank you!

Thank you very much for the log! Can you show me the cog description too.

Thanks

1 Like

New version available...

3.5.6 - 04/09/22 - Reworked setTemp

1 Like

Thank you!

Activation works fine now for changing from RGB mode to CT mode.

However, the reverse action is not working when going back to RGB. Reverse works ok if it was in CT mode prior to firing.

Same cog as before. "Cabinet Lights" were in RGB mode prior to firing. This is the log when reversing:

1 Like

New version available...

3.5.7 - 04/10/22 - More work on CT

1 Like

Getting a device error now when the reverse settings are being sent. I'll try testing with a different device to see what happens.

I added two other RGBW bulbs to the cog to see what would happened.

The RGBW bulbs ("Driveway Light Left" & "Driveway Light Right") switch to CT mode properly when the cog fires. When it reverses the bulbs just turned turned off.

Cog:

Fire:

Reverse:

New version...

3.5.8 - 04/13/22 - Adjustments to Reverse

1 Like

@bptworld : Is it expected that the "IP Ping" only logs success/failure but doesn't run any actions?

I found [Code Freeze] Web Pinger and it says that functionality was moved to Event Engine, but in Event engine it doesn't seem to do anything other than output logs.

Would need to see your Cog Description and a debug log please

Edit: okay, I think I see what you mean... I'll work on it. Thanks

2 Likes

New version...

3.5.9 - 04/18/22 - Work on IP Ping

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

Lifx strips that use Color Temperature stopped working about two EE versions ago. If I set them to use Color, it works. Strange thing is, when to cog fires and I use CT, the motion sensor fires but the light doesn't show up in the log, even in the OFF state.

Try...

3.6.0 - 04/19/22 - Changes to switchesPerModeReverseActionHandler

1 Like