[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

I thought I found something but then realized you're throwing multiple cogs at me in your logs! :eyes:

Please make my life easier! Just show the one cog,

• be sure light is in the correct starting value (most likely off)
  • trigger the cog (turning the light on)
  • trigger the reverse (turning the light back off)
  • post the two logs of just this cog.

I made some adjustments in the next release, so that I know what cog number to track when looking at the cog description. :wink:

1 Like

Oops, apologies. I was on the phone while getting the logs this AM (contractors, endlessly) so I must have just kept scrolling and copy/pasting! Sorry I uploaded a confusing mess. [eek!]

• be sure light is in the correct starting value (most likely off)
    Yup - very obvious - the light (it's an LED strip) is just a few feet away, easy to confirm.
  • trigger the cog (turning the burner on, opens contact, cog fires and turns on light)
    Turned burner on
  • trigger the reverse (turning the burner off, contact closes, cog should turn the light off, but doesn't)
    Turned burner off
  • post the two logs of just this cog.
    Below! :slight_smile:
Summary

Cog description:

Logs - including the contact open and close events

1 Like

New version...

3.2.9 - 08/26/21 - Changes to the whatToDo logic

1 Like

Wait for it...

Y E S !!!

Yes, yes, yes!

In short. Yes. :smiley:

Thanks for your persistence, @bptworld, and patience w/my wayward posting moments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bryan, Thinking of moving a few RM's to EE. Want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Looking at my front 3 lights schedule I would like to set my Philips Hue Color to:
Jan 1st-Nov 19 = Normal lighting
Nov 20-Dec 31 = Christmas lighting
I'm guessing this will be a two event setup?

Here is my Normal lighting (Want to make sure I'm on the right track):

Summary

Will work on Christmas lighting schedule unless I can combine?

1 Like

Definitely two events

Looks good to me :grin:

@bptworld ... unfortunately got a cog that has not been starting lately. I haven't touched it in ages so not due to a change in the cog.

Details below w/logs from the cog...

Summary

Logs:

According to the log, the switch condition is failing (it's on and your trigger is for when it is off) - so the cog is trying to go into reverse. For some reason it's not seeing the previous status, so it's crapping out when it should be turning it off.

For now, turn on the 'True Reverse' option.

Thanks

1 Like

OK, thanks, just turned on True Reverse.

I'll see how it goes in the morning. Blueberry pancakes tomorrow AM, so I have a good reason to get up. :smiley:

1 Like

Worked as expected this AM...light turned on as I entered the room. :slight_smile:

Now on to the pancakes!!

1 Like

I have a "Switches per mod" cog, and while it seems to work, recently I am seeing an error message in the logs. Not sure when it started, but as suggested, I removed my modes from the Cog and rebuilt them, but that did not solve it.

app:21502021-09-05 13:08:56.288 warnIn switchesPerModeActionHandler - Oops 1 - 0: Day - 1: Bathroom Ceiling - 2: 99 - 3: NA - 4: NA - 5: NA - 6: false] - 7: null

app:21502021-09-05 13:08:56.285 warnLights - Bathroom (Different pr. Mode) - Something went wrong, please rebuild your Switches Per Mode table

app:21502021-09-05 13:08:56.282 errorjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7 on line 4307

Cog

Shoot, I forgot I was messing around with that and it got included in the latest release. I'll have to dig in and see what I did. Sorry. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No worries, glad it's a known issue and not something I did :slight_smile:

Like stated, it we seems to work fine, just gives errors.

2 Likes

Much like my kids. They will do what I tell them just fine, but I get those rolled eyes... :wink:

1 Like

Using the BI Control / Camera_Trigger for an action, I noticed there is no place to identify the camera name like there is when you select Camera_Enable.

I took a quick look at the code (v3.2.9) and the debug log and noticed the command is generated using biCamera variable (camera name). It looks like the input statement for it is missing around line 1959.

1 Like

New version...

3.3.1 - 09/14/21 - Adjustment to BI Camera_Trigger

New version...

3.3.2 - 09/16/21 - Reworked Switches per Mode - you'll need to recreate your switches per mode

1 Like

Bryan:

Running a scene from a cog doesn't seem to work...it seems to be calling the scene but the scene is not activated.

Running from SAR does work, so doesn't appear to be an issue w/the scene:

Working fine here. :man_shrugging:

Summary

Screenshot 2021-09-19 133924

Cog:

Scene:
Screenshot 2021-09-19 134234

Can the Cog do this RM?