[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

It didn't work this AM, unfortunately...when I got up at 7:40 or so and all blinds were closed.

This is the cog:

Summary

Summary

It should have run at 5m after sunrise (6:58AM) = 7:03AM, but it did not run at all this AM.

Summary

Logs:

Really odd as it ran last night when I had changed the cog to Sunset to Sunrise to test it running at Sunset. So maybe an issue w/detecting sunrise?

And interestingly, the cog just ran the sunset part and closed all my blinds at about 9:20 AM. :slight_smile: So something about detecting sunset/sunrise appears to be off...

Summary

I am running the current hub beta release, as I believe you are as well.

I let the cog run in the evening to see what it did w/the sunset part...nothing happened, logs below. Sunset was at 6:57, cog set to run 20m after sunset.

Summary

Hello Bryan,

I've had this problem for some time but haven't had time to test or try to correct it until today.

When using Switch by mode, and having a delay of 1 second for a certain mode, Event engine disregards the 1 second and counts about 1 minute 50 seconds for some strange reason.

When I switch to EE to "immediately" then the light turn off after the motion sensors internal delay. But as soon has I change this to anything lower than 2 minutes then it seems to default to 1 minute 50 seconds .

Higher then 2 minutes, works as expected.

Also, this happens in any mode. I've tried all 5 of my modes.

Event Engine Cog (2.9.1) - Éclairage - Passage

Conditions
***** Cog will fire when ANY Condition is true (Using OR)
- By Motion Sensor: [MS Palier] - InactiveActive: true, ANDOR: true

Actions
- Switches Per Mode:

Mode Devices Level Temp Color TimeRev MinSec
Jour Passage 99 NA NA 1 Sec
Soir Passage 15 NA NA 5 Min
Nuit Passage 1 NA NA 5 Sec
Réveil Passage 15 NA NA 5 Min
Projecteur Passage 5 NA NA 30 Sec

- True Reverse: true
- Reverse: NA minute(s), after Conditions become false - Dim While Delayed: false - Dim After Delayed: false - Dim Length: NA - Dim Level: NA
- Delay Between Actions: 100

Thank-you for looking into this.

Yannick

Thank-you @bptworld, it works great ! :grin:

1 Like

I have created a lighting Cog for my kitchen lights. I recently added a illuminance restriction on it, which works fine, but then it will run through the reverse condition and return the lights to a lower intensity.

In my mind I was thinking that if it isn´t run in the first place, due to the illuminance restriction, that it would not run the reverse actions ?

Am I thinking this incorrectly or is there a different way of doing this ?

Any thoughts on this @bptworld ?

@bptworld - Just a heads-up, my Sunset-Sunrise automation still wasn't working when tested with 2.92. Seems like EE can't figure out the Sunrise/Sunset time accurately.

No worries, no hurry, realize you're busy, but wanted to provide feedback on the current version. Take it eaey.

Sorry for being away... (mentally more than physically) :wink:

New version on GitHub...

2.9.3 - 03/31/21 - Overhaul of Sunset/Sunrise handlers

BE SURE TO OPEN ANY COG THAT USES SUNSET/SUNRISE TRIGGERS AND SAVE IT AGAIN.

Never apologize for having a life... :smiley: :wink:

Thanks for the update. I've re-enabled the cog and it's set to run tomorrow AM, five minutes after sunrise. I'll be up just a bit later than that to check on things. :slight_smile:

Not working :frowning_face: BUT I'm working on it this morning.

New version on GitHub...

2.9.4 - 04/02/21 - More logic changes

1 Like

2.9.3 actually seems to have worked just fine for the Sunrise (open/on) part of the cog. :slight_smile: All five blinds were open when I got up (they are set for 5m after sunrise)! Yay.

Logs:

Summary

Only scrambled ones! :wink: I need to add a restriction to this. I wrote it down, so it's on the list of things to do. :grinning:

1 Like

W/2.94 the cog didn't run at 5 min after sunrise this AM. There isn't anything in the logs from EE at that time this AM when the cog should have run (5 min after sunrise).

Cog Description:

I'll roll back to 2.93 for the time being - that did run for AM open and PM close yesterday.

Having a problem with my cogs today.
This one has a mode restriction, and is reversing when the mode restriction doesn't match.

Result for my setup is the cog that matches the current mode turns my lights on and then this one that is setup for a different mode reverses and immediately turns the lights back off.

I have basically motion activated lights (slightly more complex than that, but the same basic idea) where activity turns on a virtual switch and then I want different Hue scenes to turn on depending on the mode. I have this setup with separate cogs for each mode that turns on the desired scene.

What I expect: If mode (as restriction) doesn't match current, don't do anything.

Cog Description

Logs

Not sure if I have the same, but a similar one. I have a cog that should turn off an additional switch when it reverses, but this is no longer happening. It worked fine until suddenly. The only thing I have done is to add some other cogs, but disabled them again as I thought perhaps they played a part in this behaviour.

I am running version 2.9.4.

To test out this theory, I re-installed 2.9.3 and that works a charm, so some issue was introduced in 2.9.4.

This is my Cog (The Off option was not working in 2.9.4).

Summary

@bptworld - rolled back to 2.9.3 a couple nights ago, and woke up to all five blinds open as expected the last two mornings. Last night (the first evening w/the closing controlled by the cog) all but one blind closed. So 2.9.3 seems to be mostly working for me, assuming that the one blind not closing could have been a mesh issue. So 2.9.4 did not work for me, but 2.9.3 seems to be good. Thanks!

Update: At close time tonight four of the five blinds closed. Seems like the blind is getting "sleepy" as when I went to its device page it was slow to respond to an open command and require two clicks on the Open button for it to open. Once "worken up" it was normally responsive...

Update 2: All five blinds opened this AM. :slight_smile:
Update 3: (Aren't you all on pins and needles!?) All five blinds closed in order.

Here is another issue I am facing. Not sure if it is a bug or stupidity. I am trying to read Illumination every 30 minutes, and if higher than 3500 lumens, I would like to turn off some lights. This does not work. It is entirely plausible that I am doing it incorrectly, but not sure what to fix then ?

Any ideas ?

Summary

The Cog

I've actually never used the periodic feature, so not really familiar w/that. As long as you've confirmed your periodic statement is correct, what you're doing looks OK to me.

Have you tried turning on logging to see what the app logs indicate?

Yes, I have tried that and the only thing I see is that it does not do what it I expect of it.

Summary

And this is the Cog.

Summary