[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

it was you in the room wasnt it..

stop flagelating with the piano light.

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

2.4.5 - 12/10/20 - Adjustments to time restrictions

Yes you do. :wink:

"If used as a Restriction, Reverse and Permanent Dim will not run while this Condition is false."

but it also wont fire at 12:02 if ther is no motion.. that is what i need

and reverse and permanent dim should not run when the condition is false when i dont select it regarless. why is it running.. i did not select it.

Yes it will. Humor me and try it.

yes, it should. That's the way EE has always worked and will continue to work.

ok will try it interestng in earlier versions it is not reversing.. at least in the versioni posted.. ok wil update and try it though.. thanks

1 Like

Oh no...another mental image I'll never unsee. :wink:

1 Like

you are right ... i stand corrected it did run at 12:02 like 6 times.. seems a little weird ie

Summary

1 Like

I think I found something that isn't my fault. :wink: I now, hard to believe, and believe me I have my fork ready for a large slice of crow pie just in case.

I have this cog (the motion/light on one that runs from 10PM to 8:30AM). It was working perfectly last night, went to bed about 11-ish. This morning the light didn't turn on again.

Interestingly, the logs say that it was because it wasn't between times, as it appears the cog has prematurely moved on to "tonight's" instance of the cog (10PM-8:30AM) so it's waiting for it to be 10PM again. Logs below.

Please, be gentle. :slight_smile:

Excerpt from below: It's already moved on to the "Sunday PM/Monday AM" instance of the cog, but it should still be in the "Saturday PM/Sunday AM" instance.

A general question...was there ever an option in EE to set the order in which devices turned on/off? For some reason I thought there was, but can't find it in the app. Am I confusing EE with another app?

I see the issue, now to figure out what to do about it. :wink:

1 Like

Seriously, not my fault?!?! "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!” He chortled in his joy. :wink:

(Not happy about you having more stuff to do. Happy that I didn't put my foot in my mouth again.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

2.4.6 - 12/13/20 - Adjustments to between two times

1 Like

still doesnt seem correct. shouldnt it say tomorrows if we are already passed the times for today..

ie

or does that only change at midnight?

yes, it will only show what today would have been. You can always see the actual date/time it will run by clicking the little blue gear and scrolling all the way down to 'Scheduled Jobs'.

yes it is correct there thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Really appreciate you brightening up my morning coffee time. :wink:

Any info on my other question - does EE have, or did it ever have, an option to turn on lights in a specific order? I thought it was in EE, but don't see it, and can't find it in other apps I've looked at.

1 Like

Device Sequencer is the app you're thinking of but I started bringing in the ability into EE, look in Action, Switches In Sequence

:sunglasses:

(just noticed an issue with the new between times, will update soon)

1 Like

Assuming this may be related to the issue you refer to above, but a simple motion=light turns on cog, no time setting is failing to run for me on 2.4.6. Just posting this in case this may be a separate issue in 2.4.6 from above.

Only one way to find out...

2.4.7 - 12/13/20 - More adjustments to between two times

:rofl:

1 Like

Pure genius, simple motion>light automation worked again. :slight_smile:

I'll get back tomorrow AM regarding the overnight between two times stuff.

I'd like to officially give you the rest of the day off. :clap: :+1: :crazy_face:

1 Like