[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

All versions are available on GitHub.

Also 2.2.3 is coming along nicely... A few fixes and Dimmers by Mode. :grinning:

2 Likes

Why I love this app.

Needed a motion automation to turn on lights in the family room when all of the conditions below are true:

• Between 10:30 PM and 5 AM
  • TV is off
  • A door is closed
  • Motion on any of three motion sensors in the room

Took me all of two minutes to set up.

BANG! Done.

Family jumps for joy, carries me on their shoulders around the house and awards me the $150,000 Porsche that I've always wanted.

That last part may be a slight exaggeration...but the rest is true. Love this app. :wink:

2 Likes

question.. in order to get reliable motion/contact lighting i've had to make 3 rules in rm.

is there a way to do the following in event engine in one rule

when basement stairs door opens turn on basement light .. .delay off for 20 minutes,
also turn on with motion sensor in the basement with same delay. If motion retriggered cancel delay for another cycle.

but here is the kicker.. if light turned on manually (physical ) with the switch cancel delay and leave on, Similiarly if turned off with switch, cancel any delays and turn off.

thanks

also want to turn on the light on the motion sensor in basement to a random color.. it is a hsm200 but do not see any color bulb actions that can happed with a rule?

i think i can get most of the actions with motion or contact turn on .. reverse after 20 minutes.. but not sure how to get the lockout for on/off. If i add the switch as an option to disable the rule.. it may disable it mid delay and then either never turn off etc.

You just made that up for fun, right? :wink:

That is a teaser...

no .. real life.. in the past i put a portable plug in alexa so if the light goes off on you while you are in the basement you can just say alexa turn on the basement lights..

Another solution would be to put more motion sensors down there, but seems stupid.

that is why i would like the switch on to disable the rule, and leave lights on, but just saying disable i am not sure is sufficient. I think we need a disable with options to leave devices in certain states, same for re-enable.

Similiarly when someone comes upstairs often the door opening or closing will leave lights on for 20 more minutes which is a waste.. We again sometimes if we notice tell alexa to turn off the basement lights.. So similiarly i would like phyical off on the switch to turn off regardless of any delays.

Definitely does this:

unfortunately the basement multisensor (hsm200) does not show up under dimmers as it is not a dimmer. it normally is controlled as a color bulb.

also there is no physical switch event option.. like in rule machine, think we need that so at least i can add a second cog to do the physical on off override

for the off case i have written this rule in rm to override the delay is that so even if the open.close door triggers the on.. it will turn it off when you get upstairs after the delay.

1 Like

@bptworld can do anything...all we need to do is ask, and then wait a little bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure I get this...Switches are available as a Condition (=Trigger in RM) and Action...

switches are not the same as physical switch.. which fires when the switch button is physically pushed.. regular switch fires when the switch turns on/off for any reason ie dashboard other rule etc.

Ah, OK, I was reading too fast and didn't think about the "physical" part. :slight_smile:

@bptworld:

I'm working on a cog that will shut down my hub if I lose power for a specified period of time. I may be missing something but I can't figure out how to do that w/EE. Nothing on the Time/Days/Mode drop-down is about how long a condition is true.

If there isn't a way, would you be able to put that on your future list? Or if there is a way point my nose at it? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

New version...

2.2.3 - 11/07/20 - Added Light levels per Mode

will have to look into that

Added to the list

2 Likes

what about in the action .. ie a cancellable delay that is cancelled if the condition is not stil true?

Not sure if you're asking for another feature yourself, or suggesting something for me to try. :slight_smile: Can you clarify?

for you.. the delay option delays firing while condition(S) are true or false etc. So maybe you could use that to control how long a condition is true somehow.

1 Like

I'm this case, I'm tracking the Ring Range Extender power source attribute to determine a power outage. Since that status won't change back to mains until pretty is restored, the Reverse with delay won't work for me. I'm not using the Reverse option at all in my cog.

Be aware that, if the hub is powered down when power is restored, the “return to mains” event sent from the Ring Range Extender 2 to the hub will be lost, I have a rule that refreshes the mains/battery state upon hub reboot:

Thanks for letting me know about that. At this point I'm not using the return to mains events, just want to get the hub shut down when we lose power, while the UPS is still running.

That wasn’t quite my point. Because of the missed event, the Ring Extender 2 driver will indicate battery power, never show mains, and thus might not see the next change to battery event because there will be no change.

1 Like