[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

New to EE, sorry to say I could use some help here.

Pretty straight forward use case
Mode Evening/Sleep (I've tried both on and off for Mode restriction)
If any contact sensors are open, turn on switch
Turn off when all contact sensors are closed

Here is my Cog

Here is the short log

The lights just flash on/off and I can't see why, what am I missing?

Rick

@toy4rick

Take a look at my EE cog below that does something almost exactly like that, but I use a between times condition rather than mode.

You don't need to tell the cog to "Turn off" the light when the contacts are closed - the cog does that automatically when you use the built-in "Reverse actions" option.

Set your cog up like mine, don't set anything "...as a Restriction." Obviously, use Mode as your Time/Days/Mode condition.

Choose the switches you want to turn on in the "Switches to turn on" section below. Don't select anything to turn off.

I used a dimmer and set color, but you're not doing that so don't do anything else w/lights. The "Reverse actions when conditions are no longer true" setting will turn off the lights when you contact sensors are closed.

I use this every day, should work for your needs as well. Let us know if you still have problems.

1 Like

TY, the turn off might have been the issue for me since I didn't realize the Cog would do that automatically

I'll test it out again tonight
Rick

Edit, worked great, even with the 2min delay off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any reason why the Cog won't turn off this outlet?

I have tried about every option that seem plausible

I would like it to turn on at Mode change to Evening - this works :slight_smile:
Turn off when mode changed from Evening to Sleep - this does not work and never has

FYI, this is a z-wave + outlet, not a light switch, however I wouldn't think it should matter

Tagging @bptworld

Also does not work for me to turn the switch off.

I created a similar rule using a couple modes, the light comes on w/the mode changes from Day to Evening, does not turn off when mode changes away from Evening to Day.

Logs...

@bptworld, thoughts on this and the same issue for @danabw above item 744?

I'll look into it

2 Likes

New version:

2.2.2 - 11/03/20 - Fixed mode not reversing

This is a big change. Please report any crazy behavior. Thanks

1 Like

TY Brian,

I currently have 2 Cogs, both use Modes, one also uses At Sunset. the one that uses At Sunset has worked fine from the beginning.

I went into both Cogs and saved out, will know in the morning if things are working

Thanks again
Rick

1 Like

I'm going to put on some light armor before updating. :wink:

im gonna let you guys handle it and update later.. .coward

Or...smarty-pants. We'll see. :slight_smile:

Am I missing something?

With Motion Lighting, I can set different dimmer values by mode, can't seem to find it here?

Thanks, Rick

My piano light automation is broken with 2.2.2. Too late tonight for logs, I'm get them tomorrow...

A - This isn't Motion Lighting :wink:
B - For per mode control, try my 'Room Director'
C - I'll add it to the list but this one will take a while

Will you throw that damn light away! :eyes: :rofl:

Edit: I just tried your cog several times and it's working fine here. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sorry to say @bptworld v2.2.2 didn't work for me, the light goes on just fine...

Forgot to turn on debugging last night, will try and capture them tonight

Rick

LOL - last night my wife said something along the same lines. :wink:

It was weird, we had a door open and it didn't turn on at all. Then I closed that door and unlocked and opened the front door and the light turned on. Then shut and locked the front door and it would not go out. I am starting to think that I've somehow offended the piano light... :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@bptworld - re-ran the cog this AM and the light is now coming on when expected, but not turning off when all doors/windows are closed and locked.

Log mania below...I suggest a good pairing w/this for light reading would be a strong shot of whiskey. :wink:

Summary

my favorite.. hard to get in the usa or if you can too prohibited price wise due to the nice new/old? presidents 30% tarrif.. For those wanting the new wyze cameras in europe ill buy some and trade packages for the whiseky. lol

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/glenglassaugh/glenglassaugh-30-year-old-whisky/

2 Likes

Having issues w/my cogs running on 2.2.2, wondering if there is a way to roll back to 2.2.1?