[RELEASE] Envisalink App & Driver for Vista/Ademco/Honeywell Alarm via smartthings-nodeproxy

So below port 8080 is the SmartThings nodeproxy and the password is secret. My envisalink is .3 and below the password would be pass. Make sure the code you have for auth code matches what is in the Honeywell app on HE.

"port": 8080,
  "authCode": "secret",
  "envisalink": {
    "address": "192.168.1.3",
    "port": "4025",
    "password": "pass",
    "securityCode": "1234",
    "dumpZoneTimer": "0",
    "panelConfig": {
      "type": "discover",
      "partitions": [
        {
          "partition": 1,
          "name": "Honeywell Security Panel"
        }

My auto code is 1234. Are numbers not permitted?

No idea. I do know text only works.

I tried a word and still no good. I see yours has dumpzonetimer. My config file does not. Are you working with a more recent config?

This is my full config.

{
  "port": 8080,
  "authCode": "secret",
  "envisalink": {
    "address": "192.168.1.3",
    "port": "4025",
    "password": "user",
    "securityCode": "1234",
    "dumpZoneTimer": "0",
    "panelConfig": {
      "type": "discover",
      "partitions": [
        {
          "partition": 1,
          "name": "Honeywell Security Panel"
        }
      ],
      "zones": [
        {
          "zone": 1,
          "type": "smoke",
          "name": "Smoke Detector"
        },
        {
          "zone": 2,
          "type": "contact",
          "name": "Front Door"
        },
        {
          "zone": 3,
          "name": "Garage Door"
        },
        {
          "zone": 4,
          "name": "Back Door"
        },
        {
          "zone": 5,
          "type": "motion",
          "name": "Foyer Motion"
        },
        {
          "zone": 6,
          "type": "motion",
          "name": "Master Motion"
        },
        {
          "zone": 7,
          "name": "Master Glass"
        },
        {
          "zone": 8,
          "name": "Kitchen and Dining Glass"
        }
      ]
    }
  },
  "notify": {
    "address": "192.168.1.16",
    "port": "39501"
  }
}

You are a lifesaver. For some reason my authcode is all lowercase and yours has an uppercase C. That did it! Thank you so much!

1 Like

I've noticed a bit of a strange behavior when disarming from HSM when entering into the house, I get a bounce in the logs and it's also be picked up by Webcore. See the below log entries.

2021-01-26 05:08:47.246 pm [info] Disarmed
2021-01-26 05:06:25.452 pm [info] Armed Away
2021-01-26 05:06:24.307 pm [info] Disarmed

I'm sure that it's the node-proxy reporting armed away while it's in the process of disarming.

Any ideas on a solution?

Same thing happened to me for a few months about 20% of the time. It went away after a while, seemingly on its own.

The only thing I did was replace the battery around the same time the functionality improved. I wouldn't think this would have an impact but who knows. If your battery is low/dead maybe we're on to something :slight_smile:

Anything else integrated with HSM that might be responding to a Disarm done via HSM? I seem to recall having this issue as well at one point. It might be multiple things trying to disarm/arm the alarm if HSM is disabled. I believe I had a RM rule or something that was interacting with what HSM was trying to do on it's own. Perhaps turn on debug logging and check the logs. Does it also happen if you disarm from the keypad or if you do arm stay vs. arm away?

I've had the same thing happen. Both keypad and through HSM. Funny thing is when I connected the Vista to Hubitat, my battery happened to be low. I did replace it and have not had the problem much since. Once in a while when the panel is armed in any mode I will disarm and the system will disarm then revert back to armed. sometimes I have to disarm multiple times before it stays disarmed.

Moved to proper thread.

Hi Brian! Can you confirm that this means a system with two partitions is not supported for Option #2 ? Do you know if this is the case for option #1 (native) as well?

I can confirm it will only work with 1 partition as it is coded today.

Thank you, @brianwilson
There isn’t a lot of utility in my having into two partitions, especially if I’m able to exclude zones via Hubitat as part of an arming command, so I’ll look to consolidate to a single partition and give option #2 a shot. Thanks again.

Is it possible to get a walk-though on installing that node-server? I was quite incensed after trying for 8 hours.

I guess you are supposed to just know it or, mind read or, just get it to run out of sheer luck.

The last issue I had with this was the old Harmony node server which the instructions were just as bad.

@brianwilson
Tagging you as this may not be your wheelhouse but might have a suggestion.
Moved all my stuff over from ST in Jan. Set up Envisalink for DSC and thought it was all going well.
Just noticed that my WebCore piston always says "Ready" no matter the state of the system.
I dumped the only 2 vars available "status and Status" and they never change. Always Ready or ACTIVE.

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.573 info β–‘β•‘β•‘

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.566 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.554 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ ACTIVE

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.119 info β–‘β•‘β•‘

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.113 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.107 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ ACTIVE

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.980 info β–‘β•‘β•‘

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.974 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.965 info β–‘β•‘β•‘ ACTIVE

@brianwilson
I have been checking with WebCore maintainer and looking at all the logs and It seems that everything is sending and processing, Evl app, EVL3 board, Envisalink device and Webcore but the actual status (below) never changes on events. I have "tampered" s well and that is always "clear".
Any idea why this has stopped working beside delete and re-install as a last resort?

Current States

• LastUsedCodePosition : 40
  • switch : off
  • tamper : clear

EDIT: Rebooted hub as well. Arm/Disarm work just fine from WebCore or switch.

Are you using option 1 (native hubitat) or option 2 (SmartThings node-proxy) for your install?

Native. I had this version though, maybe unsupported but I thought it was stable. I must admit I did download this before I bought my HE after trying to read all I could in prep for a smoother change from ST. Should I be on 0.8.4?
I did rewite my WC piston to work without the Ready from the controller.

ef version() { return "Envisalink 0.5.3" }

definition(
name: "Envisalink Integration",

No, I think you're on the last version Doug released. I skimmed the code and it would take me awhile to figure out what he's got going on. I assume you've tried enabling debug logging? Re-install would be my advice if it's worked prior but no longer working.