[RELEASE] Envisalink App & Driver for Vista/Ademco/Honeywell Alarm via smartthings-nodeproxy

It would be nice to get an alert from Envisalink...

Was your power outage specific to your alarm system, or a more general outage? If the latter, I use a Ring zwave extender gen 2 - it has a backup battery and will report when it switches. And it's a decent zwave repeater too!

I don’t recall if Envisalink reported my last power outtage as I also use the Ring Z-wave gen 2 extender like @brad5 and received a notice that power was lost to the house from HE. Luckily in my area, outtages are relatively rare (but are getting more common during high energy “hot” days due to blown transformers and brown outs etc.). Not many lightning related stuff here.

I do seem to recall that my LCD alpha-numeric keypads showed the event under the “Event” menu some time ago when this last happened, but I do not recall if it appeared under the “Event” menu in the Envisalink App (I would assume that it did if it appeared in the DSC list of events but may not be configured to send out a notification). You guys with more frequent power dropouts would know better than I.

All that having been said, this is a rock solid combo and @brianwilson has done a great job in keeping it going (thank you Brian)!

1 Like

Trouble does show up in the "iPhone app" but not anywhere "Hubitat app". So the information is available.

Hello,

Has there been any improvement on option 1 (Native Vista) or I am forced to go option 2 to get it working?

Have not had any luck with option 1 and trying to figure out if it is a config thing on my end or if I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work.

People use it, but it’s not supported.

That being said, I can only support the option 2 piece as long as redloro supports the smartthings-nodeproxy, but I can’t imagine the EVL4’s changing code, but I assume the hardware might be unsupported at some point, but that’s an issue with both options.

1 Like

To add to what @brianwilson says regarding option 1 (native Vista).... I use it and it works. The issue with option 1 is that it uses telnet for the interface with Envisalink to HE and can be very "chatty". Because of this, some users have set option 1 up on a RPi, but I found it easier to just get a second C7 hub and dedicate it just for Envisalink, with the required devices linked via HubMesh. @brad5 has recently posted a procedure for setting this up on a dedicated hub.

3 Likes

I also use Option 1 (on a DSC though). Here’s my thread in which @brad5 outlines the step-by-step procedure for offloading Envisalink to another hub:

Help offloading Envisalink processing to another hub

Get HelpIntegrations

2 Likes

For those of you that are using Envisalink 4 with a DSC panel (I have it integrated with HE, thanks @brianwilson! using option #1), what version # of the Envisalink software are you using?

I am on v.163 as that was the version I was on two years ago when I integrated Envisalink with HE and I never updated. It is working with no problems (that I am aware of), but I noticed that the current Envisalink firmware for my EVL4 is v.176. I am hesitant to update my Envisalink firmware for fear of messing up my working integration with HE, but the Envisalink change log lists the following fixes (any thoughts and what are you currently running on?):

Version 1.4.176

• MAJOR REVISION
  • V2 protocol of Envisalink Expansion bus. Affected backwards compatibility with expansion modules like Sidekick
  • Envisalarms now signals central station when LTE backup enabled (power outage, Internet outage)
  • Support for Honeywell NIGHT mode on both the portal and the App
  • New local webservices added for DSC, Honeywell, and UNO.

Version 1.3.174

• TPI bug with large Vista250P panels fixed. Invalid partition state bug.
  • Vista panels with multiple partitions may show Bypass and Trouble states incorrectly on the mobile apps and portals.
  • UNO4 and UNO8 expansion modules would issue keypad sounds for partitions other than 1. Fixed.

Version 1.3.172

• PGM webservice restored on DSC version
  • UNO Auto Stay feature added
  • UNO Exit fault now works on all partitions
  • New UNO zone definitions - 24 Water, 24 Fire and Duress
  • Delayed Fire Zones added to UNO
  • Envisalink Sidekick LTE backup module, full support release.

Version 1.3.164

• UNO - Full 8 Partition Support enabled
  • UNO - 24Hour zones no longer trigger swinger shutdowns.
  • Envisalarms receviers expanded to 5
  • Honeywell Bug Fix - EVL would misrepresent the partition status as Exit Delay when really it was Armed Away with active Trouble (keypad fast beeping)
  • Honeywell Bug Fix - Envisalink Sidekick would not switch to secondary receivers for non-CID signals
  • option to disable O/C reports for Envisalarms added
  • DNS cache increased to help protect against reoccuring Supervision faults due to DNS spoofing/errors

I am on Firmware Version: 01.04.184A. I don't see a way to update this, but I'm glad you shared this because I am currently considering getting a Sidekick, so I'll need to update. Do you know how to update?

I am at 182A, when you find out how to update the firmware, please let us know. I have searched their site and have been unable to find out how to update

I did find this: Firmware Change Log - EyezOn Forum. I assume we version 186 is what we should upgrade to. I thought it was automatic?

I am on version 1.04.190A, ...I don't have an update button so I assume I am up to date....I don't remember exactly how I got there but. .....

I found this on the EyezOn forum. by searching for update firmware.., "The firmware update is at Eyez-On.com and not via the local web interface. I clicked my Home in Eyez-On and see the firmware "update" button......Because your firmware is so old it must be updated via a series of patches so you will see the Envisalink go through intermediate versions before arriving at the current release. You don't have to keep hitting the update but it may take up to 20 minutes to cycle through all the patches."

I logged in to Eyez-On.com using the option for the classic portal.

You must log onto your EyezOn web portal (not the app). Click on systems and you will see an Update Now Button which will only appear if there is a new firmware available for your particular device.

Edit: also, as far as I know (at least on the older firmwares) the update is not automatic and must be done manually.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, I do not see an update button, so I guess I am good

Thank you to everyone for your input! Based on your currently running firmware versions, I “manned up” and went ahead and updated mine (my EVL4 only goes to v1.4.176 since I am not a new customer and am not currently a Sidekick user). Everything seems to be working fine in terms of my Envisalink Integration with HE.

Also, confirmed with EyezOn that updates are not automatic, which I think is a good thing as it keeps Envisalink completely local and does not risk any EyezOn updates from bricking our Envisalink Integration especially since the community app is not currently being updated itself.

1 Like

It seems a bit bizarre to me that we are all not seeing available updates, yet each of us is on a different version. What triggers the need for an update?

Also, boggles my mind that EyezON hasn’t done anything to better secure accounts (MFA). I have thought about peeking behind the scenes with what happens between the EVL4 and their cloud system. What authenticates an EVL4 with their cloud? It appears to be a MAC address, but surely something else? If I only had more free time I’m sure there are some issues to uncover. Could I pretend to be someone else’s EVL? I assume the MAC’s of their devices may be sequential….

Which is why my Envisalink board is blocked from internet access via firewall rules.

The security of your device is unrelated to how EyezON is authenticating devices to make changes to linked accounts.

Thanks. I was speaking in more general terms, not to the specific issue you mentioned. I should have been clearer.

1 Like

I have two EVL4's both say type EVL4 HW. Both linked to Honeywell Vista and Hubitat with STNP nodeproxy. I noticed awhile ago that they were on different versions. The older one (connected to a C5 Hub and a Vista 15) said it updated at 8:31 PM today and was version 190. Just checked again, still version 190 but says it updated now.

The newer one (connected to a C7 Hub and a Vista 20) had said it updated at 8:32PM today and is on version 183. It also now says updated at the current time of login and is still 183. I do not recall seeing an update button.