[RELEASE] Envisalink App & Driver for Vista/Ademco/Honeywell Alarm via smartthings-nodeproxy

You can add the attribute tile and point it to that attribute.

Looks as if the author took it down. My copy of it is here: GitHub - bdwilson/hubitat_envisalink: Integration for Hubitat to Envisalink 3 or 4

Keep reading step 2 for the other way.

Hey @cybrmage, can you please remind me what the telnet code is to send Envisalink the silent panic. I'm just circling back around to working on this and I've found that @Doug has had his Envisalink thread removed so I can no longer reference our previous discussion about this. I believe you found that the burglar silent alarm was the only one available to trigger?

Thanks!

Does instandarm work in DSC? I dont see it anywere and the armnight button doesn't work. is that the instantarm (no entry arm)

No idea; don’t have a DSC.

@brianwilson is there any way to access the panelstatus string shown for the device from a Hubitat dashboard or sharp tools? It doesn’t seem to be an attribute that can be accessed from dashboards, can it?

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Try the updated version

@brianwilson worked like a charm. Thx so much!

I keep getting "unknown exception occurred while saving App code". Can you help this newcomer install your Envisalink app & driver. Currently using EL4 on DSC

Need more info; are you installing the native code or the one that uses smartthings-nodeproxy? What does the warning say - any line numbers? Screenshot?

Used URLs below for code- integration v 0.53 & driver v.0.8.3 from your Feb '19 post on this subject

New App import functions but Save results in "unknown exception..." message

Brian- my fault- bad raw URL- working now. Thanks

1 Like

Finally got a chance to troubleshoot the one issue I've had for some time. This may just be inherent to how to the panel functions, but wanted to get y'alls thoughts..

With the system disarmed, the motion sensors update as they should when seeing motion. However, when in armed-STAY, the status reads as "null" in the Hubitat device. Which sort of makes sense because motion is allowed in this mode. However, I can tell the alarm system itself still understands there is indeed motion because it shows a fault momentarily. So i'm not sure where the null reading is coming, or how to correct it, if even possible.

This is important because i would like to use the alarm system's motion sensors as a nightlight trigger after the alarm is activated. Thanks!

Do I need a SmartThings hub for node-red to work? Just trying to figure out all the steps.

you don't need SmartThings, but you do need everything else in the Redloro instructions (envisalink, node server, those are the main things).

Assuming that's what you meant by the "node-red" comment

Gotcha, the envisalink 4 is coming in tomorrow and I have a raspberry pi I currently use for PI-Hole and vpn server I can use. I also have 2 other raspberry pi's if that isn't an option for whatever reason. Since @doug left it's pretty confusing with all the links pointing to different threads on what is actually needed and how to install.

@doug is the author of the hubitat app for the DSC alarm panel. This thread started by @brianwilson is for Honeywell/Vista/others. Just wanted to make sure you're aware - two different Hubitat apps.

That said, just study the original ST post. At least that's what I did, like 30 times. The steps (1-15) he lists in the post should be the same for both ST and Hubitat.

2 Likes

Thanks, I think I have it setup as far as I can until I get the Envisalink 4 installed tomorrow.

Great feedback guys - I have updated post #1 to reflect Option #1 (Native) and Option #2 (Redloro's smartthings-nodeproxy). I've also provided links to the ST thread as well as the native integration "refugees" thread.

If you have questions about the smartthings piece, please put them here.

hey @brianwilson, any thoughts on my issue a couple posts up? Do you see this same issue?