[RELEASE] Envisalink App & Driver for Vista/Ademco/Honeywell Alarm via smartthings-nodeproxy

Moved to proper thread.

Hi Brian! Can you confirm that this means a system with two partitions is not supported for Option #2 ? Do you know if this is the case for option #1 (native) as well?

I can confirm it will only work with 1 partition as it is coded today.

Thank you, @brianwilson
There isn’t a lot of utility in my having into two partitions, especially if I’m able to exclude zones via Hubitat as part of an arming command, so I’ll look to consolidate to a single partition and give option #2 a shot. Thanks again.

Is it possible to get a walk-though on installing that node-server? I was quite incensed after trying for 8 hours.

I guess you are supposed to just know it or, mind read or, just get it to run out of sheer luck.

The last issue I had with this was the old Harmony node server which the instructions were just as bad.

@brianwilson
Tagging you as this may not be your wheelhouse but might have a suggestion.
Moved all my stuff over from ST in Jan. Set up Envisalink for DSC and thought it was all going well.
Just noticed that my WebCore piston always says "Ready" no matter the state of the system.
I dumped the only 2 vars available "status and Status" and they never change. Always Ready or ACTIVE.

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.573 info ░║║

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.566 info ░║║ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:56:28.554 info ░║║ ACTIVE

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.119 info ░║║

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.113 info ░║║ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:56:03.107 info ░║║ ACTIVE

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.980 info ░║║

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.974 info ░║║ Ready

app:322021-03-03 17:54:40.965 info ░║║ ACTIVE

@brianwilson
I have been checking with WebCore maintainer and looking at all the logs and It seems that everything is sending and processing, Evl app, EVL3 board, Envisalink device and Webcore but the actual status (below) never changes on events. I have "tampered" s well and that is always "clear".
Any idea why this has stopped working beside delete and re-install as a last resort?

Current States

• LastUsedCodePosition : 40
  • switch : off
  • tamper : clear

EDIT: Rebooted hub as well. Arm/Disarm work just fine from WebCore or switch.

Are you using option 1 (native hubitat) or option 2 (SmartThings node-proxy) for your install?

Native. I had this version though, maybe unsupported but I thought it was stable. I must admit I did download this before I bought my HE after trying to read all I could in prep for a smoother change from ST. Should I be on 0.8.4?
I did rewite my WC piston to work without the Ready from the controller.

ef version() { return "Envisalink 0.5.3" }

definition(
name: "Envisalink Integration",

No, I think you're on the last version Doug released. I skimmed the code and it would take me awhile to figure out what he's got going on. I assume you've tried enabling debug logging? Re-install would be my advice if it's worked prior but no longer working.

Ok thanks for looking. I honestly can't say if it ever worked after moving over because it was stuck in the Ready state so it always worked.
I might backup and test a reinstall later as it's all good right now with the new pistone code.

Hello, I recently migrated my smartthings-nodeproxy Vista Integration from ST to Hubitat. The panel, partition and zone status updates work just fine but I can't send commands.

From the debug log I can see the command is sent, the response however is "Connection refused "

I checked the config.json "password" and "SecurityCode" variable values and confimed they work via the envisalink browser UI.

Any help what could be the issue of the connection being refused and how to troubleshoot would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

A couple posts up there was a similar problem with connection refused. Need to make sure your hubitat is subscribed to get updates (check config.json). I believe connection refused is coming from the App trying to connect to nodeproxy and being unsuccessful, and the other entries are from callbacks from nodeproxy. Make sure you don't have ST device also connecting to nodeproxy - you can only have 1 device at a time.

Hi Brian, thanks for the response! Seems I needed a little push to check my config.json in detail and found the issue: The node proxy port in config.json and the Hubitat app settings didn't match - of course like that comms won't work. Now that the port config matches all works fine.

@brianwilson
Once again asking for advice on unsupported code :slight_smile:
Just looking through my logs and wondering if it's an easy fix or just something to ignore in the old Envisalink code.

def storedCodes = new groovy.json.JsonSlurper().parseText(device.currentValue("Codes"))
assert storedCodes instanceof Map

2021-03-15 07:09:25.444 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 1190 (parse)

dev:1522021-03-14 07:44:38.088 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 1190 (parse)

dev:1522021-03-13 07:30:04.535 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 1190 (parse)

dev:1522021-03-12 08:07:15.974 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 1190 (parse)

Hello,
I use the app for Envisalink DSC has now bought another alarm with an envisalink module also on this, what do you do if you want to add 2 of this avvisalink Dsc app on the same hubitat ??

// Jens

I am still new to HE and it's full functionalty (from ST) but as a test I would back up your system first.
Then try to install another instance of the app and see if it will let you. If not I would try to edit the code, change the header name to be unique and add it to the app code section as if it was a new app.
The 2 systems won't be integrated but at least you will have control over them.

Comment out lines 672 and 677 parseUser(message). This isn't needed and see if that helps.

If you are disabling ST functionality, you need to make sure the ST version is completely offline as only one system can talk to Envisalink API/Telnet interface at once.

Yeah, install 2 instances of the app. Not sure how HSM integration would work.

@brianwilson
Thanks! I'll try the comment out.
No ST integration, killed the proxy the day HE shone it's little green light :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a step by step walkthrough to get option 2 installed. i am new to this and cant get the node proxy setup for the life of me.