[RELEASE] Enhanced Weather Underground Driver

I was able to get one and don't have a PWS. I am starting to think it was because I was thinking I needed to add my Hubitat device to My Devices first. I did not see Hubitat in the My Device list, so I selected "other". Then I got an API and I have been using it for a couple of months.

After a couple of days, I realized I didn't need a Device so I removed the one I added. Nothing changed and I still have access. YMMV!

3 Likes

That was the workaround needed for me, pulling data!!! Thanks all.

2 Likes

Thought I finally had this thing running, but.... Getting the following error in logs

dev:4042022-10-26 04:50:02.002 PMerrorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] on line 248 (method poll)

dev:4042022-10-25 07:28:16.779 PMerrorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] on line 248 (method poll)

Any ideas? My Lat and Long look good in settings. I have no problem reconciling them in google maps.

What is also funny, it polled data one time. Has not polled successfully since. :confused:

If you pm me your details (api etc) I'll check them from my end for you.

As per my DM, the driver is choking on your fake PWS, you need to find another PWS nearby that is actually real, then it'll work. :sunglasses:

I'll add this to the first post instructions.

PS, Im hoping to add some new features that @swade has developed in the next day or so (work has been crazy this week).

I finally got around to adding @swade new Rain History Tile and his tweaks to the 3 Day FC Today/Tonight forecast header when forecast changes.

As you can see, it's been wet AF here in Melbourne!!! :scream: I'm just glad I live in the hills.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 11.06.23 am

Great, and thanks!

What is the WU attribute we should add to get this tile?

1 Like

htmlRainTile

It's @swade work, I cant take credit.

Thanks! I just didn't see it at first (it's early here). And thanks to @swade for creating it. Very handy and useful.

I was just appointed as the "assistant dam director" for our rural little town (under 1,000 people), a position that pays exactly nothing but that allows me to help the person in charge of roads and dams manage our lake/pond water levels. I took an interest because I live on an island accessed by going through a small stream that connects two basins of a pond of several hundred acres. I noticed the water levels were varying far more than I thought they should, and it turns out that the town just needed a hand with adjusting the dams more frequently to account for rain (and drought). So, when you live in a very rural area and show enough interest and ability, you get appointed if you're willing to help. Combined with the 3-day forecast, this will be a huge help in this endeavor. Thanks!

2 Likes

That's awesome to hear - I watched this interesting video yesterday from a civil engineer that might be of interest.

1 Like

Holy hell!!!! Mine was maybe a 1/2 incision and I was swinging a hammer the next day! (they went all the way to the palm pad to slice from the inside out, have pics from the inserted camera) They did this on both hands...

Oh wow, that is very different from mine. But then I was in the final stages of it and weeks away from nerve death. So apparently they had to go old school.

Mines a lot better now and healing rapidly thankfully.

1 Like

They used a gun on me. Camera/light in tip. You pull the trigger and a blade flips up on the tip of the barrel then they simply pull and it slices the top of the tunnel open. Conversely when they did trigger release surgery on my left middle finger, that hurt like a mofo for 2 weeks. (A friend of mine did both surgeries. In the top 3 hand doctors in the tri state area)

1 Like

One surgeon I spoke to from a top hospital here in Melbourne told me that only cowboys used keyhole surgery in cases like mine.

Admittedly I only got 2 opinions, but both doctors were apparently highly respected plastic and reconstructive surgeons. :man_shrugging:

Oh well, had to be done.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! Our dam setup isn't terribly sophisticated, but with the right amount of attention it's very effective. It primarily requires planning and tracking so that rainfall doesn't "get ahead of us" without appropriate changes to the outflow of the dams. It's primarily needed in spring and autumn. Soon, we'll be tracking snow forecasts and the dam levels won't need much adjustment, so I look forward to playing around with snow-related tiles and info.

1 Like

That's what we are experiencing in many parts at the moment.... levee's and controls that were once adequate are now not fit for purpose... We have land that is already sodden ground receiving even moderate rainfall that then produces potential flooding events

1 Like

Is it getting the error every time it runs, or does this happen occasionally? Are you seeing the rain history values?

Can you turn on "Enable description Text logging" and after a couple of runs PM me the Weather Underground logs.

Yes every time it polls. Rain Histories are all 'null.' PM OTW

Are you using your own PWS or another site? After reviewing the log you sent, this look as if the Station ID is not reporting rain. Can you switch to another station if you are not using your own PWS, or can you get rain values from your PWS.

I don't know enough about the PWS devices and if some don't have rain gauges. If they don't then I will need to make the rain history optional in settings.