[RELEASE] Enhanced Weather Underground Driver

What time do you have "new day starts" set to?

I recommend 12:01 am:

It was set to 12:00 AM. I changed to 12:01 AM.

Will report back.

1 Like

Yeah that should do the trick.

Hi All, I've just released v6.2.1 after finding a minor bug:

v6.2.1 - Fixed Day/Night ForecastDayAfterTomorrow Icon switch over bug

Derek:

I was getting some "null" reports in the driver page, and discovered that my Ambient Weather 2902-C is showing off-line on WU.

I removed and re-added the PWS to WU from the Ambient Weather.net site, and at first it showed up green/online on WU, but looked later and it's red/offline again.

The station shows up fine on Ambient Weather.net, so I know it's connected/online. The PWS display in the house is also working normally.

Any idea why it would keep showing offline in WU?

Howdy, have you checked the connection within Wunderground itself?

It sounds like an API issue between the 2 services. I ended up ditching the 3rd party service I was using and now use Home Assistant to upload my PWS data to Wunderground.

1 Like

Thanks...I do have HA set up and use it for some reluctant Aqara contact sensors, but overall I am trying to reduce the number of third-party (non-HE) integrations.

Not sure I know what you mean by this. Can you pretend for a moment that I am not very bright? (Or maybe even less bright than you thought I was?) :wink:

2 Likes

Im the same, I don’t have HA integrated with HE, I only use it to upload weather data and give me a nice energy dashboard for my solar/battery system.

WU’s site is pretty crusty, I’ve found a couple of times I’ve needed to log into it and “save” My config just to bring my system back to life.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

Of course, since I've bothered you now WU is working again. I re-created my PWS on WU (just like I had previously today) but now it's sticking. It took me about ten tries to get it to take from the Ambient.net site, so seems like issues w/WU site may have been involved, as you noted.

Tip-toeing away from my weather setup so I don't cause any more issues... :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll behave itself now.

1 Like

ok, now it's actually fixed. :man_facepalming:

v6.2.2 - Actually Fixed the Day/Night ForecastDayAfterTomorrow Icon switch over bug

Is there a reason this driver is using 'Enable Logging' (name:logSet)

rather than the more common 'Enable descriptionText logging' (name:txtEnable)?

I ask because I have 13 different log entries in Preferences Manager.

Thx

Hmm, I can’t explain or replicate what you are seeing, do you have debug logging turned on?

Also are you using the latest version?

I'm asking because your driver is the only custom code on my hub that uses logSet:

Replacing all instances of 'logSet' with 'txtEnable' and changing line 153 to:

input "txtEnable", "bool", title: "Enable descriptionText logging", required: false, defaultValue: false

added your driver to the standard 'Enable descriptionText logging' Preference Manager entry:

Consolidating functionally identical features by making these code changes makes mass preference modifications via Preference Manager much easier on the end user.

Unless there is reason not to, please incorporate these modifications into your code.

I likely need to learn how to make these changes on GitHub and then request a merge correct? Sorry, I'm a GitHub noob. I'll try to figure out...

Ok, I see what you mean. I wasn’t aware of preference Manager and will update the code when I get a chance.

I forked your project on GitHub, made the changes, and initiated a Pull Request.

1 Like

Pull accepted and merged. Thanks for that, I have been out all arvo.

My pleasure. Forced me to begin to learn GitHub :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s funny, I first started using it to store my electronic cad designs. Learning to use it for code is new for me too.

All, v6.3.0 has been released and includes the excellent 3 Day Forecast tile (html3dayfcst) developed by @swade.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 10.01.45 am

3 Likes