[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I have contact switches in my safes connected to my Vista 20 panel. It's on a separate partition with a separate keypad so if the house alarm main partition is disarmed the safes remain armed. Also separate security codes - if you have a code that will disarm the house the safes are still off limits. If someone opens either safe without disarming very loud sirens go off and the police department shows up.

I am getting the following error when using HPM, any ideas? "An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/master/apps/echo-speaks.groovy. Please notify the package developer"

I've seen this a few times myself, rebooting the hub seems to resolve the issue.

I am having an issue where I can not send tts messages to an amazon speaker group. and when i look on the discovered devices page i find this.

Does this mean its not possible or do i need to change something somwhere? Thanks for any help in advance.

Rebooted hub, issue still persists...

Sorry... Amazon doesn't allow sending TTS to WHA groups :frowning:

well...ok but... they should lol. no fair

is there a way so simulate this or do i need to just stop being picky and let the announcements roll though all of my devices one by one? lol

Still getting

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/master/apps/echo-speaks.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

And yes I rebooted the hub. Any ideas, anyone?

Is there anything else in the logs?

1 Like

And you can install other apps from HPM? Even if you don't use them, try to install something else to see if it is this particular package, or HPM bombing out.

you can also re-install HPM

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Echo Speaks and I would like to start by saying THANK YOU! This app is amazing and I certainly appreciate all the work that has gone into it!

Second, I seem to be having problems with parallel speaks in actions. As I understand it, support for parallel speaks was added for ES actions as of version 4.1.7.0. At this time, I am currently on v4.1.8.0 which I believe should still support this. However, this doesn't appear to be working for me and this is what I'm experiencing:

1. I created a simple action of type "Speak Parallel (Tiered)" that is scheduled to run every Tuesday at 9 am. The first message is to trigger at 9 am, then a few hours later a second message is to trigger, then finally 10 mins before an appointment a final message is supposed to trigger. However, after configuring this, whenever I try to use the "Test this action" button for this action nothing happens. When I check the Hubitat logs all it says is "TEST of Action type speak_parallel_tiered SKIPPED".

2. When the action above triggers based on the schedule I've set all I hear on the Alexa devices is "your scheduled event has occurred at" followed by the time it triggered. Instead, they should be speaking the tiered messages I've configured under Action Execution Configuration.

3. Under the tiered responses section it appears that I can only configure a delay in seconds. Is there any way to configure this in mins or hours instead?

Any ideas?

I updated the apps to 4.1.9 and I get this message often

CODE UPDATES REQUIRED: Echo Speaks Integration may not function until the following items are ALL Updated [Echo Speaks Websocket]

Any idea why ?

you should check that web sockets updated (it is a driver).

If it did go into Echo speaks app (HE console -> apps) and hit done at the bottom.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I had 2 versions of that driver at the same time.

1 Like

Hi. I have 5 echos at home which 2 are on my sons' rooms. They have their own account and own Spotify. Is it possible to create more Echo Speaks instances on Hubitat so I can have their echo, with their login also included on the HE?

Thanks

You should be able to create multiple instances (we tried to code that way).

That said, we need help testing....

1 Like

but I will be creating multiple instances inside the APP or I am able to install another instance of the APP as a "brand new"?

I want to help testing be sure!!!

It would be another instance of the app ie

HE console -> apps -> + add user app

with a new name

2 Likes