[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

I apologize... I'm trying to get time to actually test every action event. This is why we are still in beta... While the rest of ES is ready for prime time actions is not 100% yet.

I will see what I can find today and get something out as quick as possible.

3 Likes

I did a quick search for 'Cookie Data is Missing null' before I posted. I am getting this error and cannot seem to run actions? Everything is running the current Beta versions and I have redeployed the server. I updated through the code rather than Package Manager.

Any Ideas?
Socket (4.0.5.0) | Skipping Socket Open... Cookie Data is Missing null [cookie:null, csrf:null]

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware actions were still that raw... any idea when an update might be available to address actions?

Thanks
Rick

Hi, anybody having issues triggering a routine using actions? I'm getting an error

app:1412021-02-10 05:07:53.783 pm errorEchoApp (v4.0.5.0) | No Routine Data Returned for ID

app:1412021-02-10 05:07:53.780 pm errorEchoApp (v4.0.5.0) | getAlexaRoutines | Response Exception | Status: (404) | Msg: Not Found

app:1412021-02-10 05:07:53.760 pm errorEchoApp (v4.0.5.0) | getAlexaRoutines | Stack Trace: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Found

I got the same error when I tried my nightly routine, but I think tonesto7 stated that actions were not ready for Primetime yet

1 Like

This is still in beta. This part is not finished yet.

2 Likes

AH makes sense thank you

warn Echo (4.0.5.0) | SequenceCommand (playAnnouncement) | Too Many Requests Made to Amazon | Msg: Too Many Requests

I know this has been discussed a number of times before, but I don't see any definitive answer or solution.

Zones are not the answer since nothing but ES Actions can use them, and ES Actions are too limited (and apparently still beta status). Why can't RM or webcore see ES zones? They can see individual echo devices.

I've been using ES for quite a while (originally on ST) and I don't recall these "too many requests" errors. Is this something Amazon has been clamping down on?

Bump on this one - is there any way to change the voice that the Alexa uses on the fly? Thanks.

Read the stuff on Best Practices for Using Amazon Polly Voices | Alexa Skills Kit.

This will work with webcore. Possibly rule machine, haven't tried.
If you paste the text below with the tags in a speak text routine in webcore it changes the voice

<speak>
<voice name="Matthew"><say-as interpret-as="digits">Can you call me at 8675309?</say-as></voice>
<voice name="Kendra">Okay, let's be mindful and take a deep breath. <break time="3s"/> Now don't we feel better? </voice>
</speak>
1 Like

ES has the same capability, however in my experience it doesn't work

This is available in the custom responses section by adding in the SSML tags

This voice when added

generates this, which doesn't work for me

Just tried to see if it would work in RM but it does not. When you place the tags in a string it strips them off I guess.

In webcore when you see the value of a string it does not show the tags but it does work.

This piston speaks using whatever voice you put in the tag. You can not see that from the main screen, as seen below, but if you edit the piston the tags are in there.

The text is what I posted above with the tags. The Naja voice worked in that string.

Hi guys, is there a way to update to the latest Beta version 4.0.5.0 via the HPM? Or alternatively, can I manually update the drivers without the need to remove & reinstall the whole app and lose all the rules / automations I have already set up? TIA!

The way I did it was to remove HPM and reinstall it rematching the apps selecting the beta instead.

2 Likes

Sorry I haven't provided an update in a bit... We've been making a lot of tweaks to the app. Eric is working on creating a centralized Queue for speech to eliminate the damn rate-limits from Amazon.
I've been overhauling the UI and working on fixing Alexa guard, action bugs, and a few new features.
My hope is to have a new release by the end of the week to get everyone the latest fixes and features.

16 Likes

Thank you for the update.

One question. Will the queue be used by default even if driving ES from RM or only using ES actions?

It will be used for commands from Anywhere...

5 Likes

I use RM to announce arrival of people on 3 of our Echo devices. Simple rule at the moment to see if it'd work as expected.

It does, however sometimes it will only be announced from one or two devices. From what I can see it's always announced from Echo Living Room, sometimes from the Kitchen and even less often from the Spare echo.

The devices which does not announce arrival simply logs an error like this

Is this a known timing issue, and if so, what do I do to fix it? Create a WHA including the three devices in question, or move the action from RM to a ES action? If this isn't something "known", what do I do to log more details about the error? I've turned on more logging options for the devices that fail, but find no more detail, are there separate ES logs anywhere, apart from the generic device/app logs I mean?

1 Like

Thank you. Finally it is working with Echo Speaker version 3.6.4.4, running Echo-Speaks-Server on QNAP Node-JS Container. The authentication from the server with Alexa is bit tricky as I have to tried multiple attempts before it is successful.

Initial trial with later version 4.x failed. Not sure why.

Is there anyway I can make this a lot less "busy"?

Maybe a "lite" version?