[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Same, here, Hubitat is just awesome, esp with the Lutron RA2 Integration & Picos.
Amazing, what the Hubitat team put together!

Sad to see how Smartthings held the ball for years and fumbled it. Well Smartthings is a rounding error in their balance sheet, so they didn't care.

Ported 100 Zigbees, 10 Zwaves, 10 Hubigraphs, 15 Pistons, lots of other rules. Even my wife is starting to warm up to pushing those picos because now stuff just works and is instant...

Any ETA on echo speaks 5? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

so i am trying to setup a light to turn on when i open my garage door and its between 7pm and 6am and to turn off after 3min...

light is zigbee... garage door is a wifi... so its only on my alexa which is not able to setup something like that

@tonesto7 I have guard setup, but v4.0.2.0 is saying it isn't supported:

Do you have Alexa Guard enabled on Alexa app on your Echo Devices?

Yes. guard is enabled in my account and Guard settings is showing 12 compatible devices, all are selected.

Don't you love how strange and confusing the Guard setup is now....

I especially love the monthly fee if i want alexa to play barking dogs while I am away.

2 Likes

Have Alexa flip a switch on HE that corresponds to the garage door status, and then use your favorite rules engine to control the light.

Updated, brilliant. The server issue seemed to sort itself out and refreshed the token after a little while.

1 Like

I got it done. thanks for your direction. I guess when i originally deployed my server i missed the step with adding @tonesto7 as a contributor.

I now have setup github and followed the automatic method.

The docs are excellent. Even i can follow them !!

https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/updates/server_update/

:rofl:

1 Like

I honestly recommend configuring the auto update method that doesn't require adding me as a collaborator

1 Like

yes that is what i have done now. thanks

1 Like

Seems a bit convoluted. Why can't you just remove it from HPM, then add the beta version via HPM. Why the need to uninstall HPM itself???

You can, but then you have to go through the full setup including the server because the beta branch is handled as a separate app by HPM currently (my understanding of the limitation). I actually did it all three ways (HPM reinstall, manual code import, and new install).

I really don't want to uninstall HPM if I can avoid it. Any downside to just manually importing the code?

Normally I don't mind being on the bleeding edge of things, but right now time is limited. I'm really not having any problem with the current version of ES, so maybe I should just wait on the release version...

Manual import works just as well if you are comfortable with it.

where can i see instructions on how to do that?

Link in this post.

It works fine in 2.2.5.123