[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

indeed you are right, not sure how I managed to miss that. It's perfect. You sir are legend. Thank you

1 Like

You can try it but I had that idea a while back and could not get it to return what I needed. My use case was a bit different so maybe it will work for you.

I was trying to send a phrase to a specific echo device and then use that to set a virtual switch. It seemed to work if you sent a general announcement that played on all devices but not when sending to one device.

It should work instantly now that the WebSocket is working correctly... Amazon changed the WebSocket init strings so all clients pre-4.0 haven't been working for a few months

2 Likes

@tonesto7 have just removed existing installation to install beta... (feeling brave!).

Done the install via HPM but getting this:

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/beta/apps/echo-speaks.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

Update: I’ve just removed HPM and reinstalled. I go to install beta and same error.

app:14232021-01-22 22:36:18.974 errorError installing app: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Server Error

What am I doing wrong?

Tried to go to Speech Test from the app and getting:

Websocket Notice

Amazon has changed the websocket again...
So i'm in the process of reverse engineering it again to get it working.

3 Likes

I'm looking at it right now... It the weirdest things that are breaking :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sebastien We pushed up a code fix please update manually using this code
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/beta/apps/echo-speaks.groovy

2 Likes

Yup, I can confirm that the fix did the trick. No more error. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I have a rule to show the front door camera on the Echo Show in the office if there is motion detected at front door.

I was using a Alexa Routine using a custom command, but with the addition of VoiceCmdAsText I set it up in Webcore and it works great. With the VoiceCmdAsText I send "Alexa, Show front doorbell" as a string parameter. The Office show responds with Ok and it acts as if I spoke the command in the room. Exactly what it should do.

Now I also had a Alexa routine that would stop the feed after 5 minutes in case we don't tell it to stop playing for whatever reason.

If I send a Stop command, either as a custom action or controlling a speech device, from Echo Speaks to the office Echo it does not stop. If I use the VoiceCmdAsText and send "Alexa, Stop" it does stop.

Why does the Stop command not work, does that not work for a video feed? I tried with both RM and webcore with the same result.

Ok. That’s cool. Only had our echo show for a month so I haven’t thought down this path yet.

@tonesto7 thank you for the update! Do have any idea why I am seeing this checkGuard error.

You don't have alexa guard active on your account? correct?

Bug with Voicecmd Actions?

thanks for catching this... It hasn't been fully tested but i'll resolve before i push out other fixes tonight

1 Like

Correct, I do not have it set up on my account.
I see this you your app.

I have a fix in the latest release. I will be rolling that out in the next couple hours

Release v4.0.1.0 BETA

Echo Speaks App

• [UPDATE] Updated minimum code versions for Echo Device and WebSocket.

• [UPDATE] Lot's of code cleanups

• [FIX] Fixed guardData response error when guard is not enabled on Alexa account.

• [UPDATE] Defined ES server version minimum as 2.7.0

Echo Speaks Actions

• [FIX] Fixed issue with being able to un-pause action.

• [FIX] Fixed issue with voicecmd action types.

Echo Speaks Zones

• [FIX] Fixed issue with relaying voicecmds.

Echo Speaks Device

• [FIX] lastVoiceActivity attribute should now update real-time now like it's supposed to.

• [FIX] WebSocket fixes.

• [UPDATE] Rename voicecmd sequence string to voicecmdtxt.

Echo Speaks WebSocket

• [FIX] Fixed Issue with WebSocket not working in v4.x.
3 Likes

Found another minor issue with Actions.
When setting up sequence action, the legend options are not displayed, and logs show this error:

Fix

add method to parent app

def seqItemsAvail() { return seqItemsAvailFLD }

i pushed up a fix... Its the same code version so it will require manual update.