[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

OK, I'm still confused. I'm reading that as you need to remove HPM, not Echo Speaks. To remove it from HPM you would have to uninstall the app first, no? :thinking:

I’m seeing the same.

Ditto.

I followed these instructions and removed and re-added HPM. Matched Echo Speaks to the new beta and it's updated and up and running.

Thanks @tonesto7 and @nh.schottfam for your efforts on this.

2 Likes

Go under app and driver code pages and delete the file with the newest date...
Then remove HPM and reinstall then when it tries to match it will show both echo speaks and echo speaks beta.
select echo speaks beta.

2 Likes

We must have been typing at the same time. I'm all good, I think it's others that are confused. Thanks again.

1 Like

RFE "request for enhancement...

Woud it be too much trouble to ask in a future version for logic to set the volume level based on if mode(s) =x set volume to y else set volume = z?

When my college dauter comes in 2AM i'd rather hear "front door is open, than "!!!!FRONT DOOR IS OPEN!", you know the WAF factor.....

Same for me

I installed the update. hoping it would fix my issues. i try to redeploy heroku and get a bad request error when signing into heroku.

I did not redeploy Heroku do we need to?

I went back and installed my prior version, and then did the HPM delete routine above to get back. Beta version new install still seems to have an issue with Heroku (although) there may be a manual way around it - too much typing for me though.

I didn't either and as far as I can tell, all looks good.

1 Like

@tonesto7

excellent update. I was curious if you would expose the last spoken phrase as an attribute so I could key off of alexa responses. My main use case is to query the status of my car and expose the info on the dashboard.

Updated to 4.0 like a charm via RR HPM. Any thoughts about getting access to the Echo light ring to turn it on and set color?

I don't think I've tested the Heroku deploy in awhile, so I will definitely do that today.

I forgot about that. I will get it added to the next beta push.

Unfortunately, that is not available under the API.

NVM... I see the issue with the Heroku server... I'm putting together a patch to fix it

1 Like

@cwwilson08 The more I think of your request doesn't the lastVoiceActivity attribute contain what your looking for?

Just pushed out version 4.0.0.1 with fix for heroku...

2 Likes

If you just copy the beta links to import the 3 apps and 2 drivers (which I have done), won’t HPM still pick back up once the release version is deployed? Assuming its version is > current installed beta.

Fixed my Heroku issue :slight_smile:

1 Like