[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

In that case could you tell me which command to use in WebCoRE to trigger an Alexa routine?
I checked github echo-speaks-docs/devicesupport/commands/action_commands

after re-reading your post above you are correct. executeRoutineId
I didn't put it in the documents cause it's not simple to find the id...

1. Sign into https://alexa.amazon.com
  2. Go here https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/automations
  3. Search through the large blob of text for your routine based on the name and locate it's automationId.
  4. Use the automationId in the executeRoutineId()

I'm going to add a view to the next version which will list all routines and there id's

1 Like

I see what you mean when you say it isn't simple to find.

When I go to that link, the blob of text doesn't show my Alexa routines. I can see some default stuff like good_night, but that's about it. I won't copy the output here, as some data looks private to me.
I do have to say that I had to change step 1 to alexa.amazon.co.uk.

Can you post your rule for one that works. I can not seem to get mine working.

Sure thing @kcmedic.chinn09! Here is one that I use to notify me if both my back door and my back screen door remain open:

Does that help? If you want help with your rule, you can also create a new post and tag me and I (and others) can take a look at it and make recommendations.

I woke up this morning to literally hundreds of this error msg on just 1 of my echo devices since last evening alone

4th Gen, works fine so far this morning through automation and playing a test msg through the device page

Thoughts on what is causing it?

and the flooding continues, hundreds today alone

I ran into an issue with a family account - The devices cannot be managed from the app, but they do all show up in my device list. Is that an Alexa/Amazon issue that can be worked around or does it look like I am hosed?

I’ve read somewhere that there is a compatibility issue with family accounts with Echo Speaks... If I recall correctly, it doesn’t work, which would explain the issues you are having...

Awesome. This is exactly what I needed. I forgot to cancel the notifications. Thank you.

1 Like

I've been looking all over the web and I cannot find anything about echo-speak and Echo dot 4. Is there a solution or is it just a setting I missed.

You will have to wait until I release the new version

4 Likes

My Echo 4 generation is not working. How I fix this?

According to the post directly above yours:

Thank you, we appreciate the hard work you have been putting into this great app.

I have 6 new Echo 4's, 2 Dots and 4 spheres and I was able to get them to work minus the Everywhere (WHA) device - so when I get an announcement around the house, they are not synced.

Here is what I followed, post 1216 above by @wissam.kazan

Good luck

1 Like

@tonesto7
Sorry to bring this up again...but the Samsung echo speak thread is closed...why i dont know...
IS there going to be a Echo Speak Lite for Smartthings or is that dead ? Was there some talk about Rboy finishing the work?

With my current workload and the fact that ST will be killing off groovy apps. I’ve decided to focus completely on the Hubitat version.

Seeing as your posting on a Hubitat forum I will assume you have a Hubitat hub. So if there are certain devices keeping you tethered to ST then I recommend running ES on Hubitat and using the third party hub connect between ST and HE.

I’ve asked my former Nest Manager collaborator to give ES a once over and he’s helped me optimize the code for v4. The few simple tweaks have drastically improved performance on HE eliminating the need for a lite mode.
Unfortunately it won’t run on ST due to restrictions in the JVM.

The initial release of v4 won’t be packed with a bunch of new features, those will likely come with v4.1.

I have some big ideas that will open up ES to be the ultimate Alexa integration.

11 Likes

@tonesto7
Thanks for letting me know the death of ES Lite for Smartthings. You might want to post that on the Smartthings site as I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one waiting : )
Yes, I have a Hubitat and love ES on it.
I was trying to avoid upgrading my Dad as he only has Smartthings. I will look at voicemonkey for him now that I know not to wait.
Thx
Tim

I really considered making a lite version but with recent changes to the code I just can’t justify the time for the effort to be obsolete in less than a year.

If there wasn’t an alternative solution like Hubitat I very much would have invested the time

6 Likes