[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

I see this error when I tested an announcement.

I only have 1 Echo Plus device, the test works BTW

Rick

I finally found the bug in why the announcement tests don’t work in the main app.

I have a busy day today but will get this fixed today. Thanks again for reporting this.

1 Like

[Release v3.2.0.3]

══════════
Main App (v3.2.0.3)
October 21st, 2019
══════════
β€’ ADDED: New amazon domain (amazon.com.mx) and es-UY and es-SP locales.
β€’ FIXED: The announcement test should now work. They were so broken before it was embarassing.
β€’ FIXED: App now cleans up app settings correctly after initialize() is run.
β€’ FIXED: Minor UI tweaks.

══════════
Actions App (v3.2.0.3)
October 21st, 2019
══════════
β€’ ADDED: Trigger a WebCoRE piston when an action executes
β€’ UPDATED: Modified the sendAnnouncementToDevices command to support changes required by the announcements test.
β€’ UPDATED: Modified the logic for only once a day to use just the trigger type instead of deviceid+type.
β€’ FIXED: Volume control fixed for certain trigger actions.
β€’ FIXED: Smoke and CarbonMonoxide trigger tests.
β€’ FIXED: Minor UI tweaks.

══════════
Zone App (v3.2.0.3)
October 21st, 2019
══════════
β€’ UPDATED: Modified the sendAnnouncementToDevices command to support changes required by the announcements test.
β€’ FIXED: Volume control fixed.

══════════
Echo Device (v3.2.0.2)
October 21st, 2019
══════════
β€’ FIXED: logDebug error in executeRoutineId corrected.
β€’ FIXED: Before when an announcement was sent with volume and restore volume it only changed on first echo. Now it changes on all devices.

══════════
Websocket Device (v3.2.0.1)
October 21st, 2019
══════════
β€’ UPDATED: Moved the device code out of the device types folder to stop ST users from installing with github integration (This will break the import under the web interface until you manually update the code).

NOTICE:

I had to move the websocket device out of the deviceTypes folder.
It's now located here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/master/drivers/echo-speaks-ws.groovy

Once you update manually the importCode button should work fine moving forward

1 Like

I updated to the latest code, and when trying to set up a new zone, I get the following error when I tried to configure and clicked on "Send Notifications":

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'body' on null object on line 343 (zoneNotifPage)

It's a repeatable error. My test zones only had motion sensor active as the activation condition.

Thanks for reporting... Im able to duplicate so I'll a fix out in the next 15 minute

Ok I just pushed out a fix.
Update the zone and main app code

1 Like

Thanks, that fixed it.

Now that I've managed to create a zone, have I understood correctly that the zones only work in the new Echo Speaks actions? So if I'm using Rule Machine currently I cant make use of zones?

1 Like

That’s correct. I don’t have any easy way to expose the zones to other apps without creating a new driver.

1 Like

Speaking of exposing methods to RM, I see lots of 'methods' available under each Echo Speaks Echo device, such as 'Play fun Fact' or 'Play Joke', etc. I have been unable to see a way to initiate these 'methods' from RM. Is there a way to call them or are they only accessible from the ES app?

Run custom action looks like it should work. I haven't gone downstairs to test it yet, but all of the ES commands come up under this.

These type of things are exactly what ES Actions are for and much easier to debug when there are issues

1 Like

Just pushed out some minor fixes (Sorry for so many updates)

══════════
Main App (v3.2.0.5)
October 22nd, 2019
══════════
β€’ FIXED: Child initiated refresh was broken.
β€’ FIXED: Child app updates are now triggered properly.

══════════
Action App (v3.2.0.4)
October 22nd, 2019
══════════
β€’ ADDED: new mode condition option to select whether mode is in or not in the selected modes. App will update existing config to use is in modes.
β€’ FIXED: time/date speech variables were not working.
β€’ FIXED: Zone status updates are now requested on action updated() event.

══════════
Zone App (v3.2.0.5)
October 22nd, 2019
══════════
β€’ ADDED: new mode condition option to select whether mode is in or not in the selected modes. App will update existing config to use is in modes.
β€’ FIXED: Zone status updates event now sends an update like it's supposed to.

══════════
Echo Device (v3.2.0.3)
October 22nd, 2019
══════════
β€’ FIXED: Bugs with Websocket events resolved.
β€’ FIXED: Issues with certain commands not working like createReminder and others is now fixed.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. @evan.durgin It is possible to access the actions either way, but using the ES actions app makes it easier to do than using rule machine, especially if you want to play to more than one echo device.

1 Like

Thanks! That is what I was looking for and could not find. For other's reference it is under Custom Action -> Music Player

I understand that ES Actions was built for this purpose and has many good use cases, however RM has full logic control and access to everything in the environment, so there are use cases where I need to go this route.

1 Like

BTW, I wanted to report:
Echo Speaks has been very solid, reliable and robust for me since 3.1.
And now announcements and Guard is working perfectly in 3.2.
Very happy with everything. Thanks Tonesto!

4 Likes

BTW, ES Actions can speak HSM alerts. I didn't realize that until I was actively looking for it. Also, if a zone is created in ES, you can send announcements to the zone and won't have the issues that occur when trying to send an alert to several Echos at once through RM.

sorry noob question
What is the route to update drivers/apps? Do i re-paste all the code from github or is there 'update' button?
Not keen to break the setup :slight_smile:
Thanks for the hard work on this.

I've been using What Did I Say and Follow Me for sending to multiple active Echo's and it's been working great with ES. Looks like the Zones app does something similar, but I haven't tried it yet.
So, when you send to a zone, does it announce to all echos in the zone simultaneously like an announcement, or is there a delay between echo's announcing?

Either way should accomplish the same thing. Update button automatically copies latest code over assuming it is still a working link to the repo.

sorry im still in noob mode, where is this button?