[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

The import button at the top of the page.

right so re-paste all the links, re-import. I wondered if there was a simple update button.
Thanks for this

I haven't connected enough of my echos yet to really judge. I still have most of them connected to SmartThings (using ES for ST), using HubConnect to relay commands to them. I believe the reason @tonesto7 created the Zones app was to avoid being throttled by Amazon when addressing multiple echos at once. This info must have been in the old thread. Maybe he will chime in to set us straight.

No problem. I know it takes a while to get familiar with how everything works.

It does not like running my echo routine, let me know what other data is needed.:

Since they are not "paired" devices, an echo can be connected to both ST and HE simultaneously.

Yes, and I have 3 echos connected to both. I haven't had time to change the HSM and RM rules to ES actions yet. I want to get another hub, so I'm not in a hurry to work on things that I will soon delete.

1 Like

My bad. The button is import, not update. And you should not even have to re-paste the link. Should be the same, except in this specific case I believe Tonesto had to change the repo link, but otherwise should just be import button and use prepopulated URL.

1 Like

@tonesto7

I posted this in another thread because it looked like you were following the slow down issue there a few weeks ago. It was suggested I post this here. I can supply logs if you would like. I know you are aware of this but I thought I would add this case to your efforts.

LJ

1 Like

Any errors showing on logs?

LJ

I just restarted Echo Speaks to collect fresh logs. I noticed there were ES updates. I have applied them. Will wait 24 hours to see if i see increases in slow down.

LJ

Have tried ES again, only way i can log in, is with manually inputting cookie - have done this and now setting up a test speech based on presence. The test didnt work when i come home.
Here are the logs i have

An interesting and hopeful update. While I was religious about taking Tonesto7 updates before turning off ES the last time, this time something is different. I re-enabled Es yesterday to collect new logs after disabling it for 48 hours and took his latest update. I have NOT experienced any noticeable slowdown in the past nearly 18 hours. This was not ever the case before. I am going to keep it on longer and see if the slowdown returns but I wanted to post some hopeful news about this since so many seem to experience this slowdown. Don’t know if it was the new version that may have fixed something or the act of disabling and Re-enabling that may have done something. But I will watch and update further tomorrow.

LJ

EDIT: One more thing to add to this update which may have impacted this change. I am still not seeing a slowdown. In addition to the above two possible causes of the slowdown problem seeming to go away, I also made another change to the database. Bruce was helping me with a problem related Global Variables in Rule Machine. In the process, he repaired a copy of database, which I then restored to the HE. Similar in process to restoring from any other backup. It may be the restore from this repaired backup which has improved the ES slowdowns. Bruce felt that he had heard that doing a backup, soft reset, and restore had fixed the slowdown issue for others. While I did not do a soft reset, it is possible that the act of restoring the database from backup help correct a problem related echo Speaks. Just more input for your efforts @tonesto7

LJ

1 Like

Thanks for all this info... I want to be clear.
There is not an issue with Echo speaks that inherently that is directly causing the slow downs.
The use of web requests seems to bring these platform issues to the light more frequently. This same exact code runs flawlessly on SmartThings.
The issue seems to point to errors like you pointed above where the hostnames or other requests go unanswered and somehow cause something in the hub to utilize more resources.

All I know is that the complaints about slow downs have been drastically reduced since v3.x+

1 Like

My echo's stopped speaking yesterday and took a look. I see this in Login Status:

What is CSRF Value and how do I fix?

Well, got it working by clearing my browser's cookies and then re-logging in to Amazon through the Heroku login service.
I had re-logged in last night, but that didn't do it for me. Not sure if clearing cookies helped or if it just didn't go through properly yesterday.
Anyway, all good now.

Just noticed this warning in the logs. Is this a problem? I use Home Tracker for announcing arrivals and departures but it doesn't speak that much.

I've been seeing the same on rare occasions. Amazon seems to be optimizing the API quite a bit. Did you command eventually complete? It should keep trying every few seconds until it completes.

I believe it did speak what it was supposed to.