[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

try try again...

2.1.0 - 05/09/20 - Let's try this again, now using displayName

5 Likes

Installed, rebooted and no problems other than the 30 second delay I reported earlier.

I don't know what to tell you. Nothing should take more than 2 to 3 seconds.

Hmmm, am I the only one?

yes, I'll let others chime in but no one else has reported any delays.

Haven’t had a chance to update to the newest code yet but I haven’t experienced that.

@LosinIt is this an issue with this app only? Or others as well?

Yes

@bptworld

Thank you for this, I have used Device Watchdog for awhile and the new version seems to work well!

Question for battery powered device monitoring: is there any reason why there isn't some sort of "select all" option? I have a lot of battery powered devices and it's a bit tedious to have to select every one of them from the list. :crazy_face:

YOU CAN DO IT! I have faith that you can select all of your battery devices from the list. It may take a couple of sessions but... You can do it!

All kidding aside, this only has to be done once. Not that big of a deal. :wink:

1 Like

No worries, just wanted to inquire! It took me 3 hours lol but I got them all selected again! :grin:

1 Like

I just imported the newest code version and updated one of my DW child apps. No issues with slowness.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have another dragon to slay. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Awesome work as always sir! Thank you for the updates!

1 Like

I'm noticing the refresh appears to not be working on the new version... Or I set it up wrong... :joy: Is it supposed to work the same way?

Edit: I tried deleting the child app and rebuilding it on both hubs... Still doesn't seem to be doing the refresh like it did before...

I'm seeing this error in the logs:
app:16012020-05-09 20:54:31.400 errorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor#schedule.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null, class java.lang.String] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.String, class java.lang.String]
[class java.util.Date, class java.lang.String] on line 372 (installed)

New version GitHub...

2.1.1 - 05/10/20 - Fixed refresh handler code

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

2.1.2 - 05/11/20 - Tile scrolling will now auto adjust to tile size!

2 Likes

Nevermind. It looks like i didnt have a report type selected. Thanks again. I hate to bug you but I think i messed something up. I've been using your app for some time now. I updated this morning and really like all of my status in one tile. But I'm getting the below error on the report and no longer receiving the pushover on my phone.

As with all updates, you'll need to go into your child apps and make sure the fields are filled in correctly.

Also, when reporting an error, you'll need to add a debug log, not just the error.

Thanks

I have stumbled across a condition the throws an exception.
Whenever I assign a virtual switch, or unassign the switch, the exception occurs.
This makes the virtual switch on a dashboard not update the tile.

The assign starts at 2020-05-11 01:00:13.937 pm
The unassign starts at 2020-05-11 01:00:41.292 pm

My initial thought was to use 1 virtual switch to update 4 children. Do you think if I assign the same switch to all children it will work?

Thanks

I found the root of the delay. Seems Device Watchdog wants to contact raw.githubusercontent.com and I block HE from accessing the Internet. @bptworld, why is this contact necessary?