[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

No it doesn't. Unfortunately ....

Really? That's a bit surprising because it has to parse the message in order to display that info. Did you try refreshing the page after pressing the "Get Link Quality"? Also, are you sure the device is still connected to the network?

Yes

Yes. The output from "Get Link Quality" and "Get Route Table" show up in the log.

Huh....that's really strange. Is that a built-in driver or community?

Built-in driver ....

Ah....maybe @mike.maxwell can comment on that then. Maybe a quick edit can be done to the driver to get that to update if you ask REALLY nicely. :wink:

1 Like

last activity is based on the last event generated, not what gets sent to the love logs, I'm pretty sure we have an issue open to make this smarter...

2 Likes

Can we officially change the name to that :grin:

That would be awesome. Thanks!

4 Likes

sure!

3 Likes

just notice this error occurring any ideas

That error is for Hub watchdog not Device watchdog. Please post over on the correct thread with more details on how you have it setup.

Thanks

@bptworld I find the UI to be baffling/unclear about required values. For example, if I choose Activity report then it always highlights both the Trigger Type and Number of Hours fields in red saying to check my input, but won't tell me what's wrong. I've tried incrementally going through hours up to 60 and it won't accept any of them :frowning: It would be great if it told me what is wrong with those values.

I also found the Status report to be baffling in nature. It appears that you can only select devices in a single category, and the last category wins. So if I choose Motion Sensors and Switches for example, it only reports Switches.

Not sure if the UI framework makes it possible to make this clearer? Maybe at least a mention in the Instructions?

If a required field is missing, all required fields will highlight in red. This is how Hubitat works, not something I can fix.

I'll look into this.

Thanks

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V2.0.4 - 03/26/20 - BIG changes, streamlined code, fixed status report.

Everyone needs to re-select devices

2 Likes

That still doesn't explain why the value is wrong. There are only two fields in red, they both have values in them...

Did you update to the latest version?

On version 2.04 of the -Child app, seeing this error:

app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.391 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method format() on null object on line 576 (pageStatus)
app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.280 pm debugWorking on: Lutron Pro Hub
app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.278 pm debugIn myStatusHandler - device: Living Room W - myStatus: on - last checked: Sat, Mar 28,2020 - 4:54:03 PM
app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.214 pm debugWorking on: Living Room W
app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.211 pm debugIn myStatusHandler - device: Living Room SW - myStatus: on - last checked: Sat, Mar 28,2020 - 4:54:03 PM
app:5312020-03-28 06:22:28.148 pm debugWorking on: Living Room SW

De-selecting the Lutron Pro hub seems to work around the problem.

Not sure what that device could be for but look at the device page, Device Details - 'Last Activity At'. Is there a value? Show a screenshot of that section if you can.

Thanks

I’m also curious, what’s the use case for a notification/dashboard tile of the last activity for the Caseta bridge itself?

Edit: as opposed to just the caseta devices themselves, I mean.