[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

I would like to trigger an event when a device come back online. Is this app would do the job? Webcore seem to not use status as trigger for wifi devices. I would like that to be in real time, not ceduled if possible!
Thanks!

I have installed Buddle Manager, followed by Normal Stuff Library, but when I go to install Device Watchdog it says " Device Watchdog requires Normal Stuff Library be installed BEFORE Device Watchdog can be installed." I have confirmed Normal Stuff Library is installed, I have rebooted the hub, but keep getting this error. Any ideas on how to resolve?

It's right in the first post...

I think I had to install the bundle
https://github.com/Bundles/DeviceWatchdog.zip

Thanks @bptworld and @TArman , is there a better solution for getting device notifications that have dropped off z-wave or ziggby network?

Device Activity Check is what many of us use.

6 Likes

:+1: Agreed

Thank you!

Device Watchdog has been re-added to Hubitat Package Manager.

If you already use DW then be sure to use the 'Match' function before downloading DW from HPM.

2.4.9 - 4/13/24 - Many changes, back in HPM, added ability to color code reports with Attributes

7 Likes

Hey @bptworld, nice to see Device Watchdog is supported again, thx for that, the app is really helpful for me. Concerning the color indication of the health status in the attribute report, what I ment was to give the offline/online also a color.

This is strange to, motion has no color, I need to remove the 2 attributes to see the color:

same for switch

I hope this feedback does not discourage you from supporting it again :rofl:

1 Like

I guess the HealthStatus should add here...

Try 2.5.0, it should fix the issue.

Thanks

1 Like

We are are half way :slight_smile: HealthStatus has still no color, is it even possible?

I would expected here

Me too... You're not using the latest code.

hmm, strange,

I think I have found the issue, it was a conflict between app/drivers I saw the parent twice, I removed the Bundel manger and all drivers in all sections, did a repair in HPM, now it looks OK.

When Installed the new version using HPM I followed your instructions to do this, Will test later this evening and give some feedback.

1 Like

@bptworld I remember there was a character limit on a tile to improve the reliability.
If I use color, the devices on a tile are less, is this as intended?

15 devices on 1 tile

In color 9 device on 1 tile

Yes, 1024 characters is the limit that Hubitat sets as the limit. The number includes any html code needed to produce the table and colors. Nothing we can do about that.

1 Like

Is this not getting pushed out to Bundle Manager? I am not seeing any update to 2.4.8

I also tried updating the current bundle versions directly from the apps.

No Updates Available

As stated many, many times... Bundle Manager is dead, most of my apps are dead. Luckily I'm still alive and kicking! :wink:

9 Likes