[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

thank you, I will try this out tonight!

i tried to add tonight but the child driver i get this
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]]

nevermind had a dumbass attack lol

3 Likes

@bptworld
Hi Bryan.
I am running Device watchdog OK but have noticed something in the logs.
For some reason I see the report in the logs twice.
I hasten to this is not causing any issues and things are working great with the app, but just thought I would mention it in case there was something going on that you were not happy with/would like to cure etc.
Like I say no big shakes but thought I would mention it.

EDIT: Actually I think I can see what is happening.
I have 2 child instances of the parent app.
Battery Check.
Inactivity Check.
I turn on a switch every 15 minutes to generate a report for both child apps. It is the same switch being used for both.
The battery check appears in the logs, the inactivity check does not.
Should it be 2 switches to do this? i.e. one unique virtual switch for each child app that triggers every 15 minutes.
I have a unique virtual switch for each app to write its data to.
Thanks.

HI, I have the same error while adding the child driver - "No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]]"

I have installed the App - Parent and Child, Driver - Parent.

Can you share how you solved the problem ?

Thanks !

Device Watchdog only has 3 files. Parent, child and driver.

That file is for App Watchdog, information can be found in that thread. Specially in the 1st post. (that file is an app, not a driver)

@bptworld

Is there any way to add support for "Ikea TRADFRI Signal Repeater" devices to Device Watchdog? Two of my repeaters stopped communicating with Hubitat (don't know why), and I only discovered this because several other zigbee stopped functioning. Here's what the device page looks like for the Tradfri signal repeater:

Thanks!

1 Like

DW works off of the 'Last Activity' date, this device isn't updating the 'Last Activity' attribute, as seen in your screenshot. Unfortunately there would be no way to track it.

Sorry.

1 Like

Thanks! I suspected this was the case. Oh well.

Does the last activity change if you send the get link quality? If so, you could write a rule to hit that every couple of hours...

No it doesn't. Unfortunately ....

Really? That's a bit surprising because it has to parse the message in order to display that info. Did you try refreshing the page after pressing the "Get Link Quality"? Also, are you sure the device is still connected to the network?

Yes

Yes. The output from "Get Link Quality" and "Get Route Table" show up in the log.

Huh....that's really strange. Is that a built-in driver or community?

Built-in driver ....

Ah....maybe @mike.maxwell can comment on that then. Maybe a quick edit can be done to the driver to get that to update if you ask REALLY nicely. :wink:

1 Like

last activity is based on the last event generated, not what gets sent to the love logs, I'm pretty sure we have an issue open to make this smarter...

2 Likes

Can we officially change the name to that :grin:

That would be awesome. Thanks!

4 Likes

sure!

3 Likes

just notice this error occurring any ideas